Author Topic: Virtue signalling- even unto death...  (Read 2071 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Virtue signalling- even unto death...
« on: August 08, 2019, 04:32:00 PM »
WhiskeyGrinder (6,124 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212360935

Friends Say that Sibling Murdered by Dayton Shooter Was a Transgender Man

https://splinternews.com/friends-say-that-sibling-murdered-by-dayton-shooter-was-1837035664

Accounts from friends and social media profiles belonging to a victim in last weekend’s shooting in Dayton, OH, whose name was previously reported as Megan Betts, indicate that Betts was a transgender man who went by Jordan Cofer and used he/him pronouns.

According to media reports, Cofer, 22, was the sibling of shooting suspect Connor Betts, and was the first victim in the mass shooting in Dayton’s Oregon district that left nine dead and 27 wounded. It appears that Cofer was out as a trans man to only a handful of people, and there is no indication at this time that his gender identity was a motivating factor in his death.

A close friend of Cofer’s—who wished to remain anonymous—confirmed the authenticity of several social media accounts to Splinter, saying that he was trans and preferred being called Jordan.

“Jordan was my closest friend,” said the friend over Twitter direct message. “He identified with he/him pronouns to people he trusted and knew would support him. Jordan was probably one of the sweetest people you would ever meet, a true saint, but he was also very scared constantly. He tried to give the best to everyone.”

:thatsright:

Star Member Corgigal (6,672 posts)

1. Oh,

Damn it. His (her) brother couldn't understand nor accept.

POS Narcissist.

Non surprise, here.

Leftist ANTIFA supporting Soyboy murders his sister/brother... Gotta be Trump's fault somehow...

OilemFirchen (5,767 posts)

3. Bullshit.

Everything in this OP is false.

:popcorn:

19. 1) She was not the first killed.

2) Good friend's grandchildren went to school with her... prior to Sunday A.M.

Sapient Donkey (322 posts)

23. The article did say very few people knew.

So, it's possible your sources simply were unaware. It is possible this is "BS" as you put it, but to say with such certainty seems a bit premature. It could be either way. I don't see why it matters anyway. I mean, unless somehow they find some direct evidence he killed this person over this fact. Although, I don't think there is anything to suggest that's the case.

**edit** jberryhill's post below about the author might explain your tone. I am going to keep what I wrote out of transparency.

yeah--- nobody knows the motive at this point, but... whateveh!  :whatever:

30. I haven't read anything about the author. I don't give a shit.

My "tone" stems from the frustration I've experienced since I fist started posting about this shooting early Sunday.

I've stated that I live two blocks from the Oregon District. That I know many of the shop, restaurant and bar owners - some for at least four decades. That my S.O. works in the Trauma Unit at Miami Valley Hospital. That, HIPPA notwithstanding, I know about the population, placement, and condition of the remaining patients. That, though I wasn't at liberty to give specifics, I knew of Trump's itinerary the day before he arrived.

On prior threads, I've spoken at length about being born in and spending the vast majority of my life in Dayton. I've owned businesses here since 1983.

I've not mentioned the many hours I've spent in the District since Sunday, much of it reminiscing with shop owners who are absolutely shattered, because I've spent all that time away from the Internet.

Nonetheless, I've learned that Dayton is a lily-white city (it isn't). That the gunman was targeting black people (he wasn't). That the bar is a "black" bar (it isn't). That the gunman was upset that his sister was dating a black man (there's no evidence of that). That the media and/or Trump team chose not to visit the black patients (there aren't any). Some, if not most of this was coming from reputable media. So forgive me for calling bullshit on an unsourced bucket of sputum from a fringe publication.

FTR, I've been completely ignored. I don't care. But it says something about much of the DU community, including, in no uncertain terms, this ****ed up OP.

:rotf: He'she/it might just have outvirtuesignalled the entire DUmp...

jberryhill (57,273 posts)

7. Wtf is "splinternews.com"?

Is that a site you read a lot?

Archae (40,651 posts)

20. "Splinter" is a far-left aggregate that repeats blogs.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/splinter/

Oh, boy... here we go...  :popcorn:

WhiskeyGrinder (6,124 posts)

21. Lmaoooooo at "far left."

Star Member MineralMan (123,193 posts)

22. I never heard of splinternews.com

I'm not sure I trust news from that site.

:whatever:

Tommy_Carcetti (36,791 posts)

25. I'm taking it with a grain of salt for the time being.

It is better than an anonymous unverified Twitter account, but I don't know how much better to be honest.

We'll see if anyone else verifies or shots this down.

Star Member Zoonart (4,518 posts)

27. The ADVOCATE has picked this up

and have a source beyond Splinter:
https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/8/07/report-sibling-killed-dayton-shooting-was-trans-man-jordan-cofer

Don't worry kids. I alerted on this obvious RWT for slandering using the term 'far left wing'...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Virtue signalling- even unto death...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »
 :thatsright:  :banghead:  :hammer:  :o  :mental:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Virtue signalling- even unto death...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »
Star Member Zoonart (4,518 posts)

27. The ADVOCATE has picked this up

and have a source beyond Splinter:
https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/8/07/report-sibling-killed-dayton-shooting-was-trans-man-jordan-cofer
Even if the story is not true now it will become the new truth as more lefty outlets pick this up and spread it. In a couple of weeks no one on DU will dispute this story.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke