Author Topic: Palin Backlash: Rep. Lawyers Head to Alaska to Retrieve Campaign Clothes  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The bitter McCain backlash against Sarah Palin continued today as it emerged that Republican Party lawyers were heading to Alaska to retrieve her $150,000 (£95,000) campaign clothes.

The vice-presidential candidate's hopes of challenging Barack Obama in 2012 took a big dent as simmering tensions with the McCain camp finally boiled over into wide-ranging criticism of her conduct.

In a string of damaging briefings, it was claimed that Mrs Palin had spent 'tens of thousands' more on her clothes than budgeted for, that she once met McCain aides dressed in nothing but a towel and that she did not know Africa was a continent.

She  was also unable to name the nations in the vitally important North American Free Trade Agreement.

There are only three. Her own, its northern neighbour Canada and its southern neighbour Mexico.

The 44-year- old former Republican running mate's lack of general knowledge  -  and a storm over her designer wardrobe  -  emerged as she returned to her home state of Alaska.

Extraordinary details of bitterness and jealousy between the Alaska governor and John McCain were laid bare following their White House defeat.
McCain aides complained that Mrs Palin refused to be coached before TV interviews - even after it emerged she wasn't sure about Africa's status in the world.

CLICKY
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Palin Backlash: Rep. Lawyers Head to Alaska to Retrieve Campaign Clothes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:42 PM »
You know, this is going to backlash against the establishment Republicans.

Sarah's popular, and going to get even more popular.

It's too bad the McCain campaign never used her; we could've won.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »
Talk about poor sportsmanship..McCain lost the election and stated it is no one's fault but his own publicly, now this?
The inch of respect I had for this man and his cronies is gone.

Why did this info even get out??? What a bunch of bitter pu$$ies!!!

The republicans are really irking me.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »
It is my prayer that all those who worked on the McCain campaign--The McCain part, not the Palin part--end their careers in presidential politics. They sucked.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »

Surely you mean the "establishment" Republicans.

We're back to that old phenomenon again, the "establishment" Republicans against the real Republicans.

If it's any comfort, we all know how it comes out, just as it had always come out.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
Talk about poor sportsmanship..McCain lost the election and stated it is no one's fault but his own publicly, now this?
The inch of respect I had for this man and his cronies is gone.

Why did this info even get out??? What a bunch of bitter pu$$ies!!!

The liberal media will do all it can to fan the flames of discontent within the Republican party....regardless of how petty the issue may be.  Notice the quotes saying "aides said this...and aides said that...".
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 12:19:10 PM »
She should be able to keep a few though, they look gorgeous together  :cheersmate:

:o

Where in the hell has THAT pic been hiding?  :naughty:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
Can we fault McCain for this leak?  I just presumed it was by disenfranchised campaign workers and aides attempting to shift the blame away from their own mistakes throughout the campaign.  Blaming anyone but them, so they can work on the next republican campaign.  I really can't see McCain passing the blame in a shady maneuver like this.

You don't see him putting the boots to these ****sticks, either.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »
You don't see him putting the boots to these ****sticks, either.
Maybe he could just withhold their paychecks.  It worked for Barry.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 12:23:08 PM »
Maybe he could just withhold their paychecks.  It worked for Barry.

The Big Zero is just keeping his campaign promise to "spread the wealth".  His useful campaign idiots just never figured that he'd start with THEIR  wealth.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »
I think all these attacks on Sarah are designed to thwart any ambitions that she might have for future national runs, and if what I saw of her during the campaign is true....it won't work.....for two reasons....first, the body politic has Very short memories, and the next election cycle might as well be in the next century as far as the average person is concerned.  Secondly, and most importantly the way she galvanized the conservatives during the past election sends me the strong message that she has what it takes to succeed in the long run.  The "establishment" Republican Washington insiders are very afraid of her, as they well should be......

I hope we see more of her in the future, she is a keeper.......

And if I were her, I would hold a huge press conference on the AK Capitol steps, and publicly hand the campaign lawyers a check for the damn clothes......including interest, and then promptly kick them out of her state......

doc

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
I'm honestly still a bit at a loss about the whole Palin phenomenon.  Without question, she galvanized the conservative core of the Republican party, to a fervor.  But in the process, alienated many of the moderates and independents that were sorely needed.  Regardless though, her selection was by McCain and only he can be credited or faulted with the results however they may be.

It shall be interesting what all comes of this 

Horseshit.  By standing firm on conservative principles, THAT, dear Vonne, is how we win over the moderates and independents.

Read my sig line.  It'll give you an idea of why Reagan led as well as he did.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline terry

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:45:23 PM »
He lost... hasn't the boot been placed on the tush, of nearly all campaign workers now?  

He could publicly defend Palin and his choice, but he does not.   Which leads me to believe that the choice was a total manipulation, not to attract unhappy Hilliary voters but to attract unhappy conservatives.   Which leads me to believe that the instincts of those who opposed McCain in earlier elections and in the primaries of this election were probably good instincts.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 12:51:08 PM »
He could publicly defend Palin and his choice, but he does not.   Which leads me to believe that the choice was a total manipulation, not to attract unhappy Hilliary voters but to attract unhappy conservatives.   Which leads me to believe that the instincts of those who opposed McCain in earlier elections and in the primaries of this election were probably good instincts.

Interesting idea Terry.  I'm surprised that McCain doesn't say something.  I think it's campaign staff trying to deflect from their own mistakes and place the blame on Palin.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
CLICKY

The bias and anti-Palin slant of this particular article could NOT be more obvious.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »

Interesting idea Terry.  I'm surprised that McCain doesn't say something.  I think it's campaign staff trying to deflect from their own mistakes and place the blame on Palin.

Absolutely correct.

Why? Because that's the way of Washington D.C. - a sewer, supporating abscess, sucking chest wound of unbelievable proportions.

Actually, all of this backlash simply makes her look all the better. She'll not play the victim card, but will slam-dunk her adversaries (and McCain could well be one of them at this point).
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »
Absolutely correct.

Why? Because that's the way of Washington D.C. - a sewer, supporating abscess, sucking chest wound of unbelievable proportions.

Actually, all of this backlash simply makes her look all the better. She'll not play the victim card, but will slam-dunk her adversaries (and McCain could well be one of them at this point).

Right, I don't see her playing any victim card either.  I'm just a tad surprised that McCain has let this go on this way without saying anything.  That's disappointing from McCain.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »
Right, I don't see her playing any victim card either.  I'm just a tad surprised that McCain has let this go on this way without saying anything.  That's disappointing from McCain.

Disappointing????  You give McCain more credit than he deserves.........If he hadn't selected Sarah, Bob Barr would have gotten more votes than McCain did........

doc

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »

Disappointment is a way of life for anyone who has ever invested time or effort in him as a Republican.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »
I watched Greta Van Sustren last night and she was livid about the whole thing.

She'd interview on person about it....get angry then kind of calm down. Then she'd interview the next one....and go ballistic again.

Greta interviewed Palin and her husband and spent time in Alaska and had nothing but good things to say about all of them. She interviewed a woman - I think she was another governor ( I was working while watching) - who was nothing but complimentary of Palin.

Greta was also furious that McCain has not stepped forward to defend Palin.

Laura Ingraham was on O'Reilly last night and she bout lit a fuse too.

All this BS is going to have serious repercussions on those doing the "disclosing".....Sarah Palin is going to come out of it stronger and no one will be able to stop her!!! :bow:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
I watched Greta Van Sustren last night and she was livid about the whole thing.

She'd interview on person about it....get angry then kind of calm down. Then she'd interview the next one....and go ballistic again.

Greta interviewed Palin and her husband and spent time in Alaska and had nothing but good things to say about all of them. She interviewed a woman - I think she was another governor ( I was working while watching) - who was nothing but complimentary of Palin.

Greta was also furious that McCain has not stepped forward to defend Palin.

Laura Ingraham was on O'Reilly last night and she bout lit a fuse too.

All this BS is going to have serious repercussions on those doing the "disclosing".....Sarah Palin is going to come out of it stronger and no one will be able to stop her!!! :bow:

And just to add impact to your observations....Greta is a long-time Democrat.......she is not a conservative.

doc

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »
And just to add impact to your observations....Greta is a long-time Democrat.......she is not a conservative.

doc

I remember about a year ago her admitting that her husband was working for McCain and supported him. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 03:19:29 PM »
I remember about a year ago her admitting that her husband was working for McCain and supported him. 

They could have that Mary Matalin/Serpent Head thing going on.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
They could have that Mary Matalin/Serpent Head thing going on.

:hyper: I've been trying to think of what he reminded me of for years. You've nailed it.

Offline CactusCarlos

• Pray, eat your vitamins, and one day you too could be a
  • If I agree with you, then we'll both be wrong.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »
You know, this is going to backlash against the establishment Republicans.

Sarah's popular, and going to get even more popular.

It's too bad the McCain campaign never used her; we could've won.

I dunno Coach, seems that we're seeing McCain for the snake that he is.  Until he comes out publicly and defends her, he's just another DUmmie to me.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened."
  -- Norman Thomas, six-time Socialist Party presidential candidate and one of the founders of the ACLU