Author Topic: Obama commercials  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Obama commercials
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:10:45 AM »
USA today reported that the Obamamessiah has bought huge amounts of TV time, in half hour blocks even, to broadcast TV commercials.

I wonder if this is a wise idea or not.  You only need to to do this if your message isn't getting out there, his is.

This is the age of the remote and the mute button.   People who actually listen to the guy seem to be not impressed, and folks generally don't seem that enthused in him anymore.

Is this going to do him more harm than good?  (Whishful thinking here)  I remember that the best bounce Slick Willie got in the polls was when he was out for two weeks in 92 with larengitis   

Anyway, is this just supression of McCain (Who isn't buying much time at all, a good idea, a bad idea, or what?
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Obama commercials
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »
It's overkill.

Of the four major candidates for the presidency and vice presidency, it seems obvious only one of them inspires, invigorates, through saturated exposure.

And the Big Zero, Plugs, and John McCain aren't that one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »
I have wondered if it isn't actually counterproductive after a certain point, like robocalls.

I heard one Obama ad on the radio here in central MO this morning (even the rock stations are more conservative than liberal here, but Obama's bought up maybe a quarter of all the available commercial time on all of them) that was an outrageous whopper.  Some mumble-mouth was claiming to be an NRA life member (probably true, since all you have to do is pay the fee) and was talking up Obama, cut to the 'Mr. Credibility Guy' with a schooled and dramatic voice claiming Obama has always supported the right of Americans to own guns, back to mumble-mouth talking nebulous blather about shipping US jobs overseas (which ironically is exactly what will happen when Obama raises corporate tax rates).  The implications of his taxation ideas apparently elude the economic and political talking heads in the MSM, so while that part may get by people here, I couldn't help but wonder just how ****ing ignorant they must believe us Hicksville Flyover bumpkins to be to try starting the ad with an outright bald lie. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »
I don't understand why the Obama campaign maintains that he's always supported the 2nd Amendment :confused: His voting record is pretty clear on that issue. That is, unless he interprets the 2nd Amendment the way that the ACLU and their ilk does.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson