Author Topic: Am I am being sold a pup?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Am I am being sold a pup?
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
You know, the democrats have a point.  A short while ago, she was just a PTA mom cussing out the school board.  Now, dependent on McCain's health isn't that great, she might be president on short notice.  I never heard of her before September 3.

She is the only reason I am voting for McCain.  I was going to skip it this year.

but isn't it scary that I am not the only one who feels this way.  The woman has been a wildfire that has made a conflagration of the whole political scene.  It makes me pause in my enthusiasm.  Is she this years pet rock, hula hoop, Mah Jong set?   Is she, worse yet, a new version of the hand grendade with the bad hair cut?   I am feeling a little introspective and worried about the whole thing.  This really is moving to fast.

I fret until I watch this. 
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUiYJyuyteE[/youtube]

On edit, this next fuels my worry and calms it down too.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31mw0PnZ5Q&NR=1[/youtube]
They had a group of blue star moms at the rally, one of who made this next video.   Sarah has the blessed ability to take the job and the responsibility very seriously, but she seems to well grounded and has too much of a sense of humor to take herself all that seriously.  She really does seem to have the compassion that Bill and Obama talked about all the time.   In actual practice, compassion seems more a foreign concept to Obama than sushi and hirigana

Com on baby light my bonfire!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:16:32 AM by Baruch Menachem »
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Am I am being sold a pup?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:09:47 AM »
Even if the worst case scenario happens and she has to take over, you have to ask yourself: Would she worse than Bill Clinton or Obama?
I think not.  Go Sarah!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:21:01 AM by bijou »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
I think we've been beaten down and disappointed by the politics-as-usual crowd that when a Sarah Palin comes along, we're all a bit wary.

GO SARAH!!!

Although I am waiting for Pelosi, Fienstein, Boxer, Hillary, etc....to snark about not getting noticed for their cracks in the glass ceiling :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:30:03 AM »
I have prayed for a conservative leader to emerge from the ranks and that prayer I believe was answered. I can see why the liberals are soiling themselves.  :-)

This is playing out so well for the GOP, I really hope to see a McCain/Palin whitehouse. But, even if they do not win, what they have accomplished in a few short weeks I think has changed the political landscape for the foreseeable (<- word?) future. Palin has showed politicians that there is glory in reform. She has star power, baby!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
There was a draft Palin movement for some time now. Just because she was totally missed by the DNC/MSM doesn't mean her virtues were unknown and unwanted.

In fact that's her only detractor: her media obscurity in spite of her policy-based accomplishments...but even that turned into a strategic plus.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »
I wondered at first, also.  Then I did a little research into what she's done in Alaska...in less than 2 years, and I really liked what I found.  Reduced earmarks, more oil money, better budgetting...I think she's the "real thing."  Running the whole country would be a huge job for her, but I'd trust her before Obama.  At least she has her morals and conscience in the right place.  Nothing is "above her pay grade."

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »
I heard about "the Sarahnator" (I just came up with that) in April, I think.  I heard that she had some pretty good rankings from the conservatives in the Republican Party.  I nosed around, and the buzz about her grew and grew.  I actually emailed a co-worker, who is a 50ish grandmother and was going to vote for Hillary, an article about Governor Palin, and she was impressed.  I had the caveat "I don't think McCain will choose her, but it would be great" in the email.  When Fox & Friends had, the day after the Barackopolis speech, words like these in the crawler at the bottom of the screen in it:  "New name--Sarah Palin," I had had a bout of back spasms that left me standing up to be quite difficult.  Suddenly, the back spasms were gone.  I got my wife out of the shower with the words, "Honey--it's Palin!!  It's PALIN!!"  She wasn't as enthusiastic as I was at that moment--she had some drying off to do first--but she's seeing things my way now.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
I have prayed for a conservative leader to emerge from the ranks and that prayer I believe was answered. I can see why the liberals are soiling themselves.  :-)

This is playing out so well for the GOP, I really hope to see a McCain/Palin whitehouse. But, even if they do not win, what they have accomplished in a few short weeks I think has changed the political landscape for the foreseeable (<- word?) future. Palin has showed politicians that there is glory in reform. She has star power, baby!

How does this sound?

McCain/Palin - 08
Palin/Jindal - 12
Palin/Jindal - 16
Jindal/Steele - 20
Jindal/Steele - 24
Steele/??? - 28

We would have the first Woman VP, the first Woman POTUS, the first Indian VP, then POTUS, the first Black VP (one with real quals BTW), the first black POTUS. 

All  Republicans -- mostly Conservative.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:36:28 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »
Steele should go with Palin in '12 and '16 as he is older.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
Steele should go with Palin in '12 and '16 as he is older.

Let's see -- Steele is 49, so he would be 58 -- still pretty young by Presidential standards.  But you might be right about reversing Jindal and Steele.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.