Author Topic: Males--The New White Meat  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Gern

Males--The New White Meat
« on: January 08, 2013, 06:40:27 PM »

WilliamPitt (53,198 posts)

The staggering, flatly embarrassing ignorance of unconscious privilege.

The old saying - "He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple" - never had more purchase than it does in this absurd push-back over the appalling concept of male privilege.

How dare anyone claim men have it better? How dare anyone claim that even well-meaning non-abusing good-hearted liberal progressive men enjoy an elevated status in society thanks entirely to their gender, and to the 2,000 years of history that have established the advantage so thoroughly as to make it - somehow - invisible to anyone other than some angry women who apparently just have a hate-on for the boys.

Hm.

But but but I'm a feminist, too!

No. No, you're not. You never have been, and you never will be. You can be an ally if you try, but a man claiming to be a feminist is the equivalent of a hammer claiming to be a nail. You might be made of the same materials, but the differences in experience are a gulf too vast to traverse.

Fact.

Psst...

It's me. I've been wrapped in the warm embrace of the privilege since my arrival on the planet.

It's you, too, brother.

Maybe stop harshing on those who point it out. Maybe recognizing the glaring existence of the privilege in your own life is the outside edge of the beginnings of wisdom.

Y'know...just maybe.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022155252

Of all the….What a pathetic, sniveling, OP. 

Does this guy have any self respect whatsoever?  I swear to God he posts this crap and masturbates while he watches his fan club stack up the "Attaboy, Will!" replies.  Ugh….Groveling at the feet of the DU Feminazis, shameless pandering to curry favor by self neutering.

Ok, Pitt.  So I acknowledge it.  Now what?  Is it liberal chic to hate myself for it?  Am I supposed to subjugate myself and pander to women in my life--letting them know that "hey, I'm cool, don't worry, as a White Male, I sufficiently self hate, so please like me." 

Race, gender, class, all things that convey advantages and disadvantages.  Its all in what you do with the hand you are dealt. 

DUers are such $%@* idiots.  If they only spent half the time taking care of the own crap in their crummy lives vs. worrying about what status, money, and other supposed advantages other people have.  Everything is always VICTIM VICTIM VICTIM. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Males--The New White Meat
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »
I'm offended by his comparison of womyn to nails.

Chump. :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
Maybe if the Feminists stopped whining about "male privilege" they could accomplish something worthwhile with their lives  :hammer:

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »
The soon-to-calve Mrs. Pitt must have told Will the baby's not his, probably isn't white, and may not be 100% human, genetically speaking.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:05 PM »
Speaking of "Male Privilege"... my son, when applying for a federal job, was told by his first interviewer that "he'd be better off being some minority...ANY minority."  And in fact, since he did get a job, he's been passed over consistently in favor of any minority coworker.

I could see it if he were a DUmmy, but he is a bright, hard-working, reliable, former-Army (honorable discharge) conservative.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
This is the bastard twin of critical Marxism's "white privilege."
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »
Feminism is nothing more than a vehicle for liberal propaganda.  You won't run into many "feminists" espousing conservative values, whether they're economic, political, or social. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »
I'm offended by his comparison of womyn to nails.

Give 'em a good bang and they're set for life.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
As someone once said, "I love the women's movement. Especially when I'm walking behind it."
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
Want to know something Pitt?

Most women want a man with balls,not some whiny,drunken wimp...too bad you lost yours decades ago.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »
We gotta give Will some rights... the right to shut the hell up. Heyyoooo!

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
Will, no one respects a wining, alcohol soaked sot who tries to suck up to his wife by saying things like this.  Not even the wife he is trying to suck up to.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
I wonder how he was able to distinguish his inborn advantage of male privilege from his inborn advantage of trust-fund privilege...

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 10:27:15 PM »
If he wasn't married, I would say he's borrowing a page from Taverner's Big Book of Dating and trying to score some DUmmy chicks.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
I wonder how he was able to distinguish his inborn advantage of male privilege from his inborn advantage of trust-fund privilege...

I would say the trust fund helped avoid his legal problems more than being white did.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »
If he wasn't married, I would say he's borrowing a page from Taverner's Big Book of Dating and trying to score some DUmmy chicks.
Everyone knows the proper way to a woman's heart is some COlt 45, a bear skin rug infront of the fireplace and some James Brown.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »
Everyone knows the proper way to a woman's heart is some COlt 45, a bear skin rug infront of the fireplace and some James Brown.
The fireplace is ecologically insensitive, the bear would still be alive if it hadn't been killed by some bloodthirsty hunter, and DUmmy womyn prefer a bowl of locally-harvested, organically-grown weed and Phish to James Brown and malt liquor.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:23 PM »
Maybe if the Feminists stopped whining about "male privilege" they could accomplish something worthwhile with their lives  :hammer:

H5

I'm so glad you overcame this patriarchal society to become a successful woman. How did you do it?  :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »

And look what a loser he became. He had two "privileges" I never had and still turned out to be an "author" who wrote a "book" with a child molester.

Offline Gern

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »
Will, no one respects a wining, alcohol soaked sot who tries to suck up to his wife by saying things like this.  Not even the wife he is trying to suck up to.

Exactly.

His whole post is a repugnant screed of self aggrandizement and pandering to all the females at DU.

It's always, Who Can Be The Better Beta Male over there.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
Trying to get laid...........FAIL.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »
bettyellen (18,385 posts)
78. Eggsactly The comparisons are outrageously stupid. One said that his two sons were making less money

than their wives. No shit, that's every guy I know.
They feel fortunate enough to have a woman who is really successful so they can take it easy and spend more time on their art or music. And there's nothing wrong with that.

::)  DUmmies, moochers, parasites, leeches, fleas and democraticks. 

The rest of the thread is extreeeeeeemely tiresome.  Lots of pseudo-intellectualism, squabbles for their own sake, and blah-blah-blahing. 

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »
::)  DUmmies, moochers, parasites, leeches, fleas and democraticks. 

The rest of the thread is extreeeeeeemely tiresome.  Lots of pseudo-intellectualism, squabbles for their own sake, and blah-blah-blahing. 

I can tell you right now that I would be pissed if my husband expected me to bring home a paycheck so he could focus on "art." 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
I can tell you right now that I would be pissed if my husband expected me to bring home a paycheck so he could focus on "art." 
That's the same excuse Pelosi used when she said Congress should pass Obamacare.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »
My guess is that Scott Ritter made him wear Dorothy's little blue from the wizard of Oz dress. a ball gag, and then played Gangster Rap for hours while they had their "Playtime".
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"