Author Topic: Poll question: Martial Law Before G.E.?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Poll question: Martial Law Before G.E.?
« on: February 20, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2895567

Paranoia/BDS abounds

balantz  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 01:36 PM
Original message
Poll question: Martial Law Before G.E.?    Updated at 1:26 PM

Will shrub and zany enact the next stage of the coup?

Poll result (121 votes)
Yes, I think there is a good chance of it.   (64 votes, 53%)   Vote
No, I don't think they will go there.   (57 votes, 47%)   Vote

Refresh | 1 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

:tinfoil2:  :mental:

GreenPartyVoter  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 01:45 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Then again, he could screw McCain once more by causing a massive attack, declaring martial law and

installing himself as dictator for life. (My dad's theory.)
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

:tinfoil2:

warren pease  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 02:51 PM
Response to Reply #38
52. Read up on what they're up to lately; private armies, complete with intel ops, are all the rage n/t

And those "people" who work there are well-paid to do what they're told. If that includes taking their weaponry from the practice range to the streets to help the company fulfill a government contract, you'll damn well bet that they'll either do so or be out of a job immediately.

And we're not talking about guys who are very employable or have a bunch of marketable skill sets. Mercs tend to be really good at killing as many as possible as quickly as possible and surviving to do it again the next day.

So although these private armies are springing up like toadstools, there are still a limited number of jobs out there for people with those skills. They tend to want to keep drawing a paycheck for a reliable employer and don't look to rock the boat.

So yeah, they'll be out there if they're so ordered. Doesn't matter if they hate or love Bush. It's just business, as they say.

wp

NeedleCast  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 01:58 PM
Response to Original message
12. No

This sillyness again?

baldguy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 02:04 PM
17. If Obama wins, I don't think the neocons will give up power.

Bush or one of his surrogates will dissolve Congress & dig in.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Poll question: Martial Law Before G.E.?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »
The delusion and derangement is strong on the island.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
Stronger than usual.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
I've seen the same poll since 2002.  Dumpmonkeys never get tired of being wrong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
balantz  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 01:36 PM
Original message
Poll question: Martial Law Before G.E.?

Breaking news from 2004  :whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 07:34:50 PM »
so, in a country where everyone is armed to the teeth... this is where Bush is going to 'make a stand' and declare himself Dictator for Life? Wouldnt he have a better chance of that in oh.. say.. Canada, where NO one is armed?

what is the statistic about how many guns and gun owners there are in this country?

I will make a prediction; that if GW were to try something like that, most conservatives would have no problem taking up arms to protect themselves against their own government.

I just dont think he wants that job... and I dont believe for a minute that GW Bush wants to harm this country.

I think history is actually going to be pretty kind to this president..

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »
so, in a country where everyone is armed to the teeth... this is where Bush is going to 'make a stand' and declare himself Dictator for Life? Wouldnt he have a better chance of that in oh.. say.. Canada, where NO one is armed?

what is the statistic about how many guns and gun owners there are in this country?

I will make a prediction; that if GW were to try something like that, most conservatives would have no problem taking up arms to protect themselves against their own government.

I just dont think he wants that job... and I dont believe for a minute that GW Bush wants to harm this country.

Look at how President Reagan makes their heads spin and spit fly.
Imagine how it will be in 20 years when people realize President Bush began the fight to undo the scourge of islamofacisim.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
Bwahahaha! Their quoting Truthout as a reliable source for substantiating their delusions!
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »

Look at how President Reagan makes their heads spin and spit fly.
Imagine how it will be in 20 years when people realize President Bush began the fight to undo the scourge of islamofacisim.

I think its because Clinton got them so used to appeasement, they just simply dont understand that a president's number one job IS to defend the country (remember that oath, Dummies??) .. for some reason, they believe its the president's job to micro manage their everyday lives instead..

I blame public education..

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »
They're afraid Pres. Bush will pull a Chavez??? 

:-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »
They're afraid Pres. Bush will pull a Chavez??? 

:-)

Or a Putin.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:48:10 AM »
baldguy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-20-08 02:04 PM
17. If Obama wins, I don't think the neocons will give up power.

Bush or one of his surrogates will dissolve Congress & dig in.

Silly DUmmie.

We own the voting machines...remember?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline djones520

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »
Is martial law even a legal power given to the President by the Constitution?  Because if not, then it'll never happen.  The US Military is bound to defend the Constitution before following the orders of the President.  If his orders attack the Constitution, we are not bound to obey them.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."