Author Topic: Another "I hate my parents" thread  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Another "I hate my parents" thread
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:07:09 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2876850

JerseyGirlDem  (140 posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 04:00 PM
I Detest My Baby-Boomer, RW, Rapture-Happy, Militant Parents.
Edited on Sat Feb-16-08 04:51 PM by JerseyGirlDem
There - I said it.

If I didn't look so much like my mother and her family, I would be researching where I REALLY came from, because I don't share an ounce of my parents' habits, beliefs, ideals, traits, or passions.

I was born in 1969. The Vietnam War was in full throttle, and my very-young parents were contending with the all-too-often news of their high school classmates being killed over there. Bobby and MLK were murdered months earlier, all hell was breaking loose with Arafat's new position of power, anti-war riots were hitting the streets, the Manson murders, Woodstock, violence, drugs.....

My brother was born in 1970, and nothing had changed. My mother once told me that as she and my father watched the Kent State Massacre coverage on TV, she looked at my dad and said "What are we thinking, bringing babies into the world at a time like this?"

A little bit of background history: my mother (b. 1949) was raised by two Polish immigrants. Her parents were both Democrats, and her dad was a lifetime military man (WWII Purple Heart, followed by DoD career). They were also devout Catholics. My father (b. 1943) was raised by two German immigrants, both Democrats, and his dad was a blue-collar worker for ARCO. I would describe their religious affiliation as being agnostic. I can say, in all honesty, that both sets of my grandparents lived the epitome of the American Dream - nice houses, cars, money in the bank, never expecting more than what they worked for. I guess I would classify them as successful products of the Greatest Generation.

For reasons unknown, my father was, very early on, fascinated with the military: guns, tanks, strategy, the whole gamut. When he graduated high school in 1962, he informed his parents that he was enlisting in the Army. His parents tried to talk him out of it for about a year, but he finally went ahead with his plans in the summer of 1963. He was in basic training at Ft. Dix on November 22nd, shining his boots, when his sergeant came running into the barracks to inform him and his buddies that Kennedy was assassinated. My father LOVED Kennedy, as did his parents. Kennedy, by their terms, was a true American - a man who was making the world a better place. I've heard it opined more than once that November 22, 1963 was the official end of the innocence - and many thought that we would be going to war with Cuba. My dad's unit was one of them. Obviously, that never happened; but Vietnam did.

He never did get sent to Vietnam, although many of the men in his unit did. He was, instead, stationed in Seoul, S. Korea, for 13 months. After that tour, he was stationed in San Francisco, and then DC. It was 1966, according to my dad, that he was feeling "disillusionment" regarding our government, its corruption, and what its agenda REALLY was. He was driving home to NJ, sitting on the beltway, sifting through the radio stations, when he fell upon Billy Graham. He claims that after listening to Mr.Graham for about 20 minutes, he pulled over on the shoulder of I-95, prayed, and became a born-again Christian.

About a month later, he met my mother - and to make a long story a bit shorter, by 1969 managed to convert her, his parents, and his brothers, to born-again Christianity.
snipz
More at the link, a typical DUmmy story. Most people grow out of that stage by the time they hit adulthood. But then again they never did grow up.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Another "I hate my parents" thread
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 05:11:05 AM »
President Kennedy wouldn`t be allowed in the dem party anymore much less be loved by the lunatics on the island.

They really ought to learn a little history.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 06:54:23 AM »
Another day, another Emocrat... Time to grow up and join reality kid. Once your parents are gone you will regret choosing to hate them over something like politics and religion. Its not like you have been abused or neglected, though I'm sure in your depressed Emo world, thats exactly what you think.

Why don't you go cut yourself , and then write a poem about it instead ?

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 07:59:44 AM »
JerseyGirlDem  (140 posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 04:44 PM
Response to Reply #2
12. To a Christian zealot...
 McCain is a god
. My parents see this mess as a religious war. They don't care who fights it, as long as it is fought and we win.

:lame:

Only 140 posts, that explains a lot about this tall tale...one of the worst examples of unbelievable stories I've seen from the DUmp.  If she'd even said Huckabee, she'd make a few points.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 08:06:06 AM »
JerseyGirlDem  (140 posts)      Sat Feb-16-08 04:44 PM
Response to Reply #2
12. To a Christian zealot...
 McCain is a god. My parents see this mess as a religious war. They don't care who fights it, as long as it is fought and we win.

Well, you stupid little gyrl-child, the ENEMY certainly sees it as one.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 08:52:20 AM »
Hey Jerseygirl.... :bird: :bird:

:censored:

Offline lizard

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
DUmmies may grow old but, they never grow up.

miskie: 'Emocrat'  :evillaugh:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »
Her father was an honorable man who served his country and then converted to Christianity, so she hates him because he is a decent, honorable man.

:bird: JerseyGirl
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
President Kennedy wouldn`t be allowed in the dem party anymore much less be loved by the lunatics on the island.

They really ought to learn a little history.

He would be considered a "far right-wing extremist" by today's 'rats.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »
Another day, another Emocrat... Time to grow up and join reality kid. Once your parents are gone you will regret choosing to hate them over something like politics and religion. Its not like you have been abused or neglected, though I'm sure in your depressed Emo world, thats exactly what you think.

That's one of the things that bothers me about these people, they have absolutely not an ounce of forgiveness or compassion in their soul. They see stereotypes instead of humans, even when someone's frailty and humanity is staring them in the face. I'm a few years older than Emogirl from Jersey but my parents were from the same generation as hers only mine were incredibly self-centered. I literally had the childhood from hell...friends that I've grown up with tell me I could never even write a book about it because no one would believe me. But I credit my experiences with helping me turn to the right (and to Christ) because I swore I would NEVER be a victim again. I learned in college that the left prides themselves on being professional victims. They try to elevated to an art form, cultivate it, wallow in it, absorb it through their skin.

Even given all I've gone through, God gave me my parents for a reason. I trust HE knows better than I (though I do have quite a list of questions to ask Him when I get there). My mother is a raging alcoholic and it's killing her. I'll be surprised if she lives through the year. I could let alcohol continue to be a wedge between us, but where would that leave me? She's the only mother I have...and in her own warped way she taught me to be a GOOD mother because I didn't want my sons to have a life like mine.

During her lucid moments I'm actually learning some things about her and what made her the way she is. Unlike your average DUmmie, I'm not my own deity and so cannot judge since I'll have my own things to answer for someday. But being able to let go and let God has allowed me the opportunity to get to know my mother better and understand why things happened the way they did. For a group of people who consider themselves masters of nuance and compassion, they seem to have little of either.

Cindie

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »

:rotf: Emocrat. I like that one, miskie!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »
The OP does have at least one point...

If her parents hadn't been so staunchly RW and christian then abortion would have been a viable alternative.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »

That's one of the things that bothers me about these people, they have absolutely not an ounce of forgiveness or compassion in their soul. They see stereotypes instead of humans, even when someone's frailty and humanity is staring them in the face. I'm a few years older than Emogirl from Jersey but my parents were from the same generation as hers only mine were incredibly self-centered. I literally had the childhood from hell...friends that I've grown up with tell me I could never even write a book about it because no one would believe me. But I credit my experiences with helping me turn to the right (and to Christ) because I swore I would NEVER be a victim again. I learned in college that the left prides themselves on being professional victims. They try to elevated to an art form, cultivate it, wallow in it, absorb it through their skin.

Even given all I've gone through, God gave me my parents for a reason. I trust HE knows better than I (though I do have quite a list of questions to ask Him when I get there). My mother is a raging alcoholic and it's killing her. I'll be surprised if she lives through the year. I could let alcohol continue to be a wedge between us, but where would that leave me? She's the only mother I have...and in her own warped way she taught me to be a GOOD mother because I didn't want my sons to have a life like mine.

During her lucid moments I'm actually learning some things about her and what made her the way she is. Unlike your average DUmmie, I'm not my own deity and so cannot judge since I'll have my own things to answer for someday. But being able to let go and let God has allowed me the opportunity to get to know my mother better and understand why things happened the way they did. For a group of people who consider themselves masters of nuance and compassion, they seem to have little of either.

Cindie
You make some excellent points, Cindie.  I often disagreed with my parents on many things, but saw no reason to disrespect them in their home.  I never stopped taking my kids there, even when we didn't always feel truly welcomed.  Now that they're both gone, I am so endlessly grateful that I didn't let our differences and hurt feelings cause a permanent rift.  And, despite those differences and hurt feelings, I miss my parents every day and would do anything to have them back...just as they were.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
This chick is almost 40 years old, grow the hell up you loser.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »

:rotf: Emocrat. I like that one, miskie!

DUmmies may grow old but, they never grow up.

miskie: 'Emocrat'  :evillaugh:

Thanks -- Im really hoping to make this stick too, because its just as funny as Emocrat Party or the Left's preferred Emocratic Party.  I want it to annoy them the way Democrat Party does.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 06:53:48 PM »
Wonder if that DUmmy got written OUT of her parents' will?    :rotf: