Author Topic: Guns Suck!  (Read 5430 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Guns Suck!
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2873102

G_j  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Feb-15-08 06:54 PM
Original message
Guns Suck!

I know I'm just pissing in the wind,
but certainly humanity would be better off just getting rid of guns altogether.
This includes military and police, because, of course, if they can have them, it is only right that ordinary people can have them too,
but...
How I wish the human race would actually EVOLVE!

So now we have people saying students need guns to protect themselves.
I'm telling you, things are not going to get better.
We are devolving.

useless rant over..
:argh:

Refresh | 10 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

:bird:

Pavulon  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Feb-15-08 06:59 PM
Response to Original message
2. Lack of self control sucks...Mental Laziness sucks

cars suck because they ran over my doggy. No the ass on the PHONE who ran over your dog is responsible. Responsibility is tough. Worse when it comes to MENTAL health issues and skewed crime statistics that make minority youth more probable victims of gun violence.

But it is easier to blame the car than the driver. And easier to gloss over problems than to confront them.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

A moonbat talking about responsibility? wow

fascisthunter  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 11:44 AM
Response to Reply #10
27. Bullet Proof Vests May Become Mandatory...?

Cycle of shit just some people can have easy access to buy a product that kills more efficiently. That is what guns are designed for...

Guns promote paranoia, death, and violence. Why is there such a push for it? Ask the gun lobbyists who cash from manufacturers. They are the ones pushing guns on society.

Yeah, its those evil guns controlling people's minds  :whatever:

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #30
33. I shot a gun once in my life...I hit bullseyes from 50 yards with a hand gun...

Aim down the sights...squeeze, don't jerk the trigger...

Couldn't be simpler.

EstimatedProphet  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 05:04 PM
Response to Reply #33
40. That's called a rarity

I'm sorry, I don't believe that you simply picked up a handgun for the very first time and consistently shot bullseyes at 50 yards. If by some chance you did do that, you should be a professional marksman. Most people can't do that with a rifle, let alone a handgun.

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 05:17 PM
Response to Reply #40
42. It was 17 years ago...I remember shooting about 20 rounds...

I remember missing the target only a few times and hitting the bullseye several times.

I did much better than my friend who belonged to the range and whose gun I was using.

BTW: He became a *ahem* "gun enthusiast" after buying a house in a bad neighborhood.

EstimatedProphet  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 05:33 PM
Response to Reply #42
45. OK, if that happenned, you're a prodigy

The average person cannot come close to that kind of ability. And I mean average in the statistical sense too - go out about 3 standard deviations and you might find people with an ability like that, maybe 3 out of 1,000. The rest will not be able to hit a target from 10 yards with a handgun at their first shot.

Balbus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #33
41. There is something simpler..

telling bullshit stories on an internet message board.

margotb822  (139 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 04:57 AM
Response to Original message
13. How I agree with you!

Who hates another so much that they wish him dead without cause? This is not the 1700s. People do not need guns to survive. Gun laws must be strict to protect the citizens!

:mental:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:12:28 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Guns Suck!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »
What really sucks is needing a gun and not having one.

:loser:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »
Balbus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #33

Are they calling each other out on their bouncies?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 10:11:41 PM »
Balbus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #33

Are they calling each other out on their bouncies?

It is the first time I ever seen them do that.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
It doesn't matter which side of the fence a gun nut leans on.  If you start crap with him/her he/she will finish it for you.  I am surprised Mr 50yard bullseye could type that excrement with a straight face. :loser: ::)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 10:31:51 PM »
Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #30
33. I shot a gun once in my life...I hit bullseyes from 50 yards with a hand gun...

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »
*ahem* Yeah, I've never shot a gun before either soooo the other day I took one of my rifles outside just to see how I could do.  I aimed high and fired in an Eastward direction ... sure enough, when I got back inside I realized just how damn good I was.  The news was on and an Iraqi bad guy was dead.  It appears I hit him dead center.  I must be a prodigy.   :uhsure:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:38:06 PM »
Hey Dummies.....

Why don't ya grab onto the other end there........... with your mouth....

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
Oh, I just saw this...

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-16-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #30

Couldn't be simpler.

Bull-****in' shit. I'm sure the Dummy was about 10 feet away, missed completely and pissed himself and dropped the gun after the recoil.

First time shooting, I sucked. We had these targets up where it's a bullseye (10 pts) and the outer rings of that being 9, 8, 7, and 6.... Out of 6 shots, I might have got a 20. I'll have to dig 'em out if I still got them to be sure, but I know I wasn't ****in' no Pat Flanigan my first time at the range like this piss poor excuse for a human being is saying.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »
Oh, I just saw this...

Response to Reply #30

Couldn't be simpler.

Bull-****in' shit. I'm sure the Dummy was about 10 feet away, missed completely and pissed himself and dropped the gun after the recoil.

First time shooting, I sucked. We had these targets up where it's a bullseye (10 pts) and the outer rings of that being 9, 8, 7, and 6.... Out of 6 shots, I might have got a 20. I'll have to dig 'em out if I still got them to be sure, but I know I wasn't ****in' no Pat Flanigan my first time at the range like this piss poor excuse for a human being is saying.

I know the 50 yards thing is bullchips, but I did quite well my first time.  I was about 8 yrs. old.  I shot the tungsten coil out of a broken light bulb my cousin bet me I couldn't shoot.  Cousin was a country boy.  I was a city boy.  Cousin had broken the bulb with his shot.  We were about 30 feet away.  It was a very nice pellet gun.   

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »
One of the DUmies claims that the average person isn't a good shot and implies that that is dangerous in and of itself. BS!
As I tell my wife, who has never fired a weapon in her life (I'm trying to rectify that): "You don't have to shoot the person for a weapon to be effective. You can shoot the floor, walls or ceiling. The sound of shots may be enough to scare that person away".

You can defend yourself with a weapon without actually shooting anyone.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
Oh, I just saw this...

Response to Reply #30

Couldn't be simpler.

Bull-******' shit. I'm sure the Dummy was about 10 feet away, missed completely and pissed himself and dropped the gun after the recoil.

First time shooting, I sucked. We had these targets up where it's a bullseye (10 pts) and the outer rings of that being 9, 8, 7, and 6.... Out of 6 shots, I might have got a 20. I'll have to dig 'em out if I still got them to be sure, but I know I wasn't ******' no Pat Flanigan my first time at the range like this piss poor excuse for a human being is saying.

Oh, my poor husband trying to teach me. He's been shooting all his life...even has some awards from shooting competitions he was in when he was a kid. I'm left-eye dominate and shoot with my right hand. Poor guy. I thought he'd pull out what little hair he has left (I never really got into it until we moved to the country and I discovered I'd be out here by myself most of the time and 911 was at least 15 minutes away). My oldest son is that way too.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »
We all know the DUmmies are ignorant but speak as if they are experts in any and all fields but where their ignorance seems to shine the most is in the firearm realm.  They will jump on anything that is anti-gun and usually will proclaim their expertise/proficiency at the very beginning of any argument.  Usually when they do that, as in the case of the poster above who claims to be knocking bullseyes out at 50 yards with a handgun on its first time of ever shooting a gun, they prove their ignorance right out of the chute but you can not dissuade them.

I think that is what pisses me off most about DUmmies, the fact they usually know nothing about a subject but will be experts on the internet even though you can, and do, prove them wrong over and over and over.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 01:56:40 PM »
For the lurking DUmpmonkies.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7736/scan0005vt0.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7717/scan0004wl8.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1299/scan0003rv7.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3720/scan0002cw1.jpg?s=1

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7424/scan0001ds6.jpg?s=1

I could care less if you think guns are the bane of all thats good or not. I have no intention of being a victim of any crime just to make you jackholes happy. If the press in this country were truely honest you would see just how much more often guns are used to stop violent crimes then to commit them. Most gun owners rarely use thier guns for anything more dangerous then target shooting or hunting but there have been more then enough used for self defense that as others here have said ,"It's better to have one and not need it then to need one and not have it".
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »
It's these kind of people who REALLY set me off.    :bird: They remind me a lot of my political history professor, who was going on and on today about how the 2nd amendment does not apply to these times, and that gun laws need to be further restricted.  She did admit that banning them all would not solve the problem, as she brought up Prohibition as an example, but that guns, even in self-defense, are not necessary.   :mental:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »
It's these kind of people who REALLY set me off.    :bird: They remind me a lot of my political history professor, who was going on and on today about how the 2nd amendment does not apply to these times, and that gun laws need to be further restricted.  She did admit that banning them all would not solve the problem, as she brought up Prohibition as an example, but that guns, even in self-defense, are not necessary.   :mental:

I wonder if she would have the guts to tell that to any recent victim of a serious crime were someones family member was either raped or murdered.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »

I wonder if she would have the guts to tell that to any recent victim of a serious crime were someones family member was either raped or murdered.

The prof seems to be of the opinion that people are capable of talking their way out of being killed/raped, based on what she has said in the past.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »

Oh man, I would LOVE to be sitting in a class when this happened.  People who say these kinds of things simply are not educated about the issues and it is very easy to *ahem* hand them their ass.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »

Oh man, I would LOVE to be sitting in a class when this happened.  People who say these kinds of things simply are not educated about the issues and it is very easy to *ahem* hand them their ass.

KC

Yep.   Since they can't really win in the self-defense arena, liberals have to resort to the "we need to consider the time period of when the Bill of Rights was created" BS.   :mental:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 04:10:08 PM »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 05:30:22 PM »

KC

Yep.   Since they can't really win in the self-defense arena, liberals have to resort to the "we need to consider the time period of when the Bill of Rights was created" BS.   :mental:

Next time this prof. brings this up ask if the same thought process should be applied to freedom of the press or speech.  I don't think the founding fathers envisioned the Internets .....

Ask why 'the people' in the 2nd is any different than it is in any other protected right.

Ask the prof. why we should sacrifice 2,000,000 to save 30,000.  Doesn't sound like a very good trade to me.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

KC

Next time this prof. brings this up ask if the same thought process should be applied to freedom of the press or speech.  I don't think the founding fathers envisioned the Internets .....

Ask why 'the people' in the 2nd is any different than it is in any other protected right.

Ask the prof. why we should sacrifice 2,000,000 to save 30,000.  Doesn't sound like a very good trade to me.

KC

I'll give that a shot.

She basically said you cannot separate the two parts in the 2nd amendment.    :mental:   And she also talked about how we Americans are too afraid to change the Constitution. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 05:45:44 PM »
That is a bunch of crap!  If the founders had wanted to limit the reach of the 2nd amendment they were smart enough to word it to just a militia.

The 2nd says a well regulated militia AND the right of the people. 

The BOR was not to limit the powers of the PEOPLE but the GOVERNMENT and any prof. who doesn't understand that needs to take History 101.

KC

*Stolen