Author Topic: Nebraska primitives don't deserve to win  (Read 596 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Nebraska primitives don't deserve to win
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=164x1847

Oh my.

Mr. Wiggum was right; the individual state forums on Skins's island are a treasure trove.

I suggest those who wish to, to check out their own state, too.

BensMom  Donating Member  (625 posts) Mon Oct-06-08 08:37 PM
Original message

This is why they don't deserve to win

So Palin was in Omaha yesterday, and I am in Lincoln.

In Lincoln you go to Omaha for everything and anything. Shopping, concerts, it's only 45 minutes away. We just grow up knowing it's all in Omaha - 45 minutes down the road.

I work with a republican - he has a leadership position with their party, delegate, drives the huge SUV, meets with the governor, adores Adrian Smith...on and on.

And today, the first day back to work after sarah was in Omaha, I say to him 'How was it, I looked for you on tv.."

He says, "I didn't go - I didn't want to stand in line for 2 hours.."

I about dropped.

Bet he thinks campaigning is for the little people.

So we all will work and campaign and WE WILL WIN!!

firedupdem  (1000+ posts) Tue Oct-07-08 02:14 AM
Response to Original message

1. Ha! You're right! On another note he could never try and see Obama...people line up at 5 in the morning for a 3:00pm rally!

They are really comfortable here in Nebraska...feel like they have the 5 electoral votes in the bag. I think the campaign may be a little worried since they sent that idiot here to read to them for 20 minutes.

The doused fire primitive is so wrong, just so wrong.

This was nothing more than a "courtesy call" in Nebraska, which generally gets ignored during elections; there's no panic about John McCain's chances in Nebraska.  It was essentially a "Hi, how are you doing?" sort of social call, and was reported as such by the Nebraska newspapers.

Sarah Palin wanted to have a little fun, a little R&R, and Nebraska gave it to her.

The only question in Nebraska is whether or not the Big Zero is going to underperform the Incompetent One from the elections of 1976 and 1980, getting the lowest vote totals for a Democrat candidate for the presidency since 1892.  (The Incompetent One was probably, historically, the least-liked Democrat president in Nebraska.) 

The Big Zero might, or might not; it's going to be a close-run thing, to see if he can garner more votes than the Democrat candidate in 1892, when Nebraska had one-third of the population it does now.
apres moi, le deluge