Author Topic: the subway cat explains work to us  (Read 1848 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the subway cat explains work to us
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4168207

Oh my.

HughBeaumont  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sat Oct-04-08 10:26 AM
Original message

It's funny how the term "Suck It Up" only applies to the Middle/Working/Poor classes.

Ever notice that?

"Suck it up!" "Life's not easy. Did anyone ever TELL you it was?" "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps." "Don't worry, you'll bounce back!" or this recent gem from a wingnut (middle class who refuses to accept he's a serf, BTW) e-mail: "It's called capitalism. Don't like your lot in life, work harder."

I always resented the implication that all of us are poor simply because we "don't work hard enough". Many of us spend half to 3/4 of our day doing something work related; whether it's commuting, the job itself, added work blahblahblahblahblah

undergroundpanther  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sun Oct-05-08 01:21 AM
Response to Reply #22

24. Work makes you free

On the Iron Gates going into the place where prisoners of Nazi's once entered slaved and died says : “Arbeit Macht Frei” or work makes you free. Who does your work make free? The rich ones who oppress, use or own YOU.

Nazis and Puritans both adore and exploit the "work ethic".

Both cultures were totalitarian and classist.

Truth is...Work makes NO ONE free.

According to the priests of work, everything can become a job. The monetizing of all activity disguises work as leisure (and vice versa) and creates a society of impoverished servants, many of whom are still without work.
(From a commercial)..Do we just let the sun shine and the wind blow? No! this is America and we put them to WORK! It's disgusting how the puritan work ethic LIE has spread..

The culture of productivism employees work for social discipline and control - in a word, domination.

undergroundpanther  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sun Oct-05-08 01:09 AM
Response to Original message

23. and the onerous double standard called EARNING it

Like Americans are good dogs and if they work hard for the owner they might "earn" a treat from the privileged.

**** this earn everything bullshit.It IS bullshit especially from rich people who do not earn it most of the time,living off their robber baron great grandfathers heists.

There is nothing to Earn, if we didn't have wage slavery or accept the"ownership" crap, that creates classes and class wars.

Oh my.

What can one say, really, other than "Oh my"?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: the subway cat explains work to us
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:03:34 PM »
I wonder what kind of place would even employ a delusional schizo tard like the Subway cat.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
No stupid freak,you think you are free?
You are not,you make up a website of the deluded and foolish that are serfs to Skins as he sucks the money from you and treats you as dogs.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »
I wonder what kind of place would even employ a delusional schizo tard like the Subway cat.

The subway cat doesn't want to work.

Apparently the subway cat forgets Vladmir Lenin's comment, "He who does not work, does not eat."

By the way, I've been studying the subway cat's situation, and am curious.

The subway cat is the beneficiary of other people's labor; on all sorts of welfare programs.

The subway cat's maternal ancestress has some money.

The subway cat is approaching her mid-40s, which would make her mother not young.

And so when the maternal ancestress kicks off, what happens?

I'm assuming the subway cat is the sole heiress.

Does welfare then compel the subway cat to pay some of her own expenses out of her inheritance, or is her inheritance all free money to her, no demands made upon it?

And given that the subway cat is obviously on some sort of "disability" because of "mental illness," could she be deemed incompetent to handle such a large amount of money, and so it goes into some sort of trust (as dictated by the mother or by the social services agencies), to be doled out to her in nickels and dimes?

I've been sort of curious about this ever since I found out the Bostonian Drunkard, who is middle-aged, can't touch the money in the trust fund left him by his Republican grandfather without permission of the trustor.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »
Jhn 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Work has absolutely nothing to do with it.  

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »
On the Iron Gates going into the place where prisoners of Nazi's once entered slaved and died says : “Arbeit Macht Frei” or work makes you free. Who does your work make free? The rich ones who oppress, use or own YOU.
So, since it was a NAZI phrase, obviously no one but NAZI's should or could want you to work, ever.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »
She will never acknowledge that it is someone's labor, not hers, of course, that has paid for every can of Puss 'n Boots she consumes.

Also, how does this DUmmy HughBeaumont get away with it?
Original message
It's funny how the term "Suck It Up" only applies to the Middle/Working/Poor classes.
Why has no one called him on his disgusting homophobia?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »
Original message

Why has no one called him on his disgusting homophobia?

You ain't right.  :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »
The subway cat doesn't want to work.

Apparently the subway cat forgets Vladmir Lenin's comment, "He who does not work, does not eat."

By the way, I've been studying the subway cat's situation, and am curious.

The subway cat is the beneficiary of other people's labor; on all sorts of welfare programs.

The subway cat's maternal ancestress has some money.

The subway cat is approaching her mid-40s, which would make her mother not young.

And so when the maternal ancestress kicks off, what happens?

I'm assuming the subway cat is the sole heiress.

Does welfare then compel the subway cat to pay some of her own expenses out of her inheritance, or is her inheritance all free money to her, no demands made upon it?

And given that the subway cat is obviously on some sort of "disability" because of "mental illness," could she be deemed incompetent to handle such a large amount of money, and so it goes into some sort of trust (as dictated by the mother or by the social services agencies), to be doled out to her in nickels and dimes?

I've been sort of curious about this ever since I found out the Bostonian Drunkard, who is middle-aged, can't touch the money in the trust fund left him by his Republican grandfather without permission of the trustor.

It would depend on the laws of the state I would say.

I may be wrong in some details so someone please correct me where so.

Here in NY the only direct right to inheritance without a will is spousal,after that it goes to probate and the state distributes the estate and takes a chunk for their efforts.

If one is receiving public assistance via the county then the county will place a lien on all properties or assets.
How often they go after them I don`t know but a person on Medicaid here will eventually "own" nothing and upon their death the lien can be collected.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
Truth is...Work makes NO ONE free.

Apparently you don't work; however, you seem to have some money. I would guess that the money you have (at least in part) comes from the government. The money that the government has comes from those of us who work so apparently OUR work makes YOU fairly free. At least free enough to pound out complaints on the internet.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 05:33:33 AM »
Any person that thinks they are "free" when they're entirely dependent on the charity of others, be it the forced charity of government or other forms of charity like family assistance, cannot be taken seriously.

Part of freedom is independence and self sufficiency. UGP has neither attribute and works hard to avoid ever becoming acquainted with both of them.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »
Damn. Just damn.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »
Any person that thinks they are "free" when they're entirely dependent on the charity of others, be it the forced charity of government or other forms of charity like family assistance, cannot be taken seriously.

Part of freedom is independence and self sufficiency. UGP has neither attribute and works hard to avoid ever becoming acquainted with both of them.

Obama:  Supported by Hamas
McCain:  Supported by the Pope
Really not that hard to figure out the right side in this one.

:banghead:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.