Author Topic: Mega Bouncy: Republican Running for State Rep. Screams "White Trash" at me  (Read 6678 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4169833

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 03:45 PM
Original message
Republican Running for State Rep. Screams "White Trash" at me today....
 Advertisements [?]This is the dude running for State Rep...

http://www.kernaghan2008.com/site /

I was getting ready to out this a.m and some dude sticks something on my front door and then goes over my railing to the next door.

Expecting to tell another pizza dude to quit loosening my railing, I instead find a guy putting up doorhangers for Kernaghan2008. So I ask the guy what affiliation is kernaghan, cause it's not on there.

This dude then stares hard at the Obama pin on my chest. "Republican," he tells me with a snarl.

I laugh and tell him good luck in this neighborhood...no wonder the guy didn't put Republican on his stuff.

That's when the dude starts sputtering. I'm still chuckling, and I turn around because my 5 year old daughter came out of my house. When I turn my back that's when dude starts speaking in an aggressive tone-he wants to know what I do in this neighborhood what 'associations' I belong to. When he started getting louder and more profane, I told him to get out of my neighborhood.

That's when he really lost it. He called me white trash. I put my kid behind me and told him again to get out. He went yelling down the street to his companions.

That's when I decided to treat the doorhangers like trash--I took 'em down on my street. No one gets to call me trash and then litter in my block. Dude comes back with a woman. He starts screaming at me and my kid, then decides to lunge at me, hitting me right above my Obama pin.

He seemed very shocked, as did the woman with him. "You touched me," I said.

He didn't deny it. Instead he decided to start screaming even more. The woman with him threatened to call the police....on me.

Go ahead I told her. My husband seeing all this came up to dude and told him to back off....dude asked if he was my husband and then told him to get control of his wife.

Then dude called me a bitch, and tried to express sympathy to my husband for having such a difficult woman. Speaking to hubby, again calling me a bitch and white trash. He tried goading hubby into a physical altercation, but hubby held his temper in check and convinced the woman with him to take dude away. She dragged him away, embarrassed and eyes downcast, saying Jim, come on, please. He left, still shouting. Only now he was shouting about how I didn't want to talk about real issues, and that I didn't want real change.

I picked up a doorhanger, intending to call the campaign and complain. No phone #. But then I looked at the candidate's pic. It was dude!!! Holy crap!

My 5 year old was very calm and asked me what white trash was. I told her that the color of people's skin was never an insult and that people aren't trash. I explained that dude was a Republican. Like Sarah Palin she asked?? Yep.

I read an article by Greenwald this week describing the rage and self-pity permeating the right. Yeah, got that.....

article from Glen Greenwald---

"The right's two-pronged religion of rage and self-pity

(updated below)
The Right in this country -- meaning the faction that followed George Bush for the last eight years -- long ago ceased being a movement of political ideas and is driven by two, and only two, extreme emotions: (1) intense, aggressive rage towards their revolving door of enemies, and (2) bottomless self-pity over how unfairly they're being treated. As their imminent defeat looks increasingly likely (potentially on a humiliating scale), these two impulses are in maximum overdrive, feeding off one another in endless self-perpetuation (the more they lose, the more victimized they feel, the more they rage against their enemies who oppress them, etc.)."

more at link
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...ion/index.html

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 03:50 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. I was sick to my stomach--shaking afterwards, but determined
 to post this on both a local, and a national blog---

People, it's gonna get even uglier as they realize they are losing!!!!!!!

The Joker Approves of Your Bouncy Attempt.

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 03:49 PM
Response to Original message
3. Wow, pacoyogi, that is intolerable. Dude sure does sound
 frustrated. I sort of wish you had called the cops, but then it would have been a he said/she said situation. Maybe you can call the rethug chair in your state. He shouldn't be treating anyone like that. I'm glad you stood your ground.

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 03:57 PM
Response to Reply #3
14. Philly cops--I love 'em, but they couldn't have done a thing since they 
 weren't there. I could file a private citizen complaint, but when I thought about it, I felt that I wasn't hurt physically--but emotionally....to be called such degrading and sexist crap in front of my daughter reminded me wy the GOP are SUCH failures to women.....

A friend suggested filing a complaint with the state's Human Rights Commission. I think they've got their hands full.

Instead, I've decided to post, and post, and post.....this guy is running for public office. He can have his actions publicly aired...
TRANSLATION: I would have LOVED to have called them but since I pulled this out of my ass i figured it would be better to slander him on the Internet to my fellow chucklewits than risk getting hooked up for filing a false report.   :whatever:

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 04:00 PM
Response to Reply #14
17. JAMES KERNAGHAN is this prick's name, from PHILLY?
 I have to laugh: saw this on his website...
* Being VISIBLE to the community.

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 04:01 PM
Response to Reply #11
20. Oh, yeah--I didn't even realize it until he was walking away and 
 I took a good look at the pic on the doorhanger--

I was gonna call the campaign and tell them to not send such hothead volunteers to the streets....then I realized that "Jim" was the dude.....

You know, I've met perfectly nice Republican canvassers--one convinced me to vote Katz over Street two elections back. (Only republican I've ever voted for....trust me, Street needed to leave....)

I've never felt a moment's fear wearing my Obama stuff, 'til today.....

But I'm gonna keep on. Wonder if I can donate to Obama in KEraghan's name....
MAN this DUmmy is like... Ghandi or something!!!

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #13
26. Assault and battery, actually..... 
 I saw him coming at me (apprehension) and there was voluntary, deliberate touching. He also didn't deny it...I think that's why he was trying to goad my husband into a physical fight....

But in Philly, if the cops didn't see it, it becomes a he-said, she-said. Of course, I could always file a private criminal complaint. I'm still debating it, but part of me doesn't want to subject myself and my daughter to the court process....my daughter is special needs, and she was shook up enough, and will still have to process this in her own way.

I will have to think about this, about what is best for me and her--what brings the most emotional closure, because in dealing with a Republican like this, I'm sure NOT gonna get justice......

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
Most likely she saw some campaign worker putting out doorhangers and made up the entire incident in her itty bitty brain.  :whatever:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
...and the DUmpmonkies lap it up like bisquits and gravy. :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
So, this is really spooky, because nearly the same thing happened to me. Michelle Obama was going down our street, putting refrigerator magnets in everyone's mailbox. If I said it, you can take it to the bank, hot rod.

Anyway, I don't want to dignify her screaming rant with a post here, and I was so shocked I probably can't quote it verbatim. But it was just like that guy in Philly.

By the way...I don't want to offend anyone. Forget I called it spooky.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Putting out campaign fliers with no party identification.......yeah right. :whatever:

The sad thing is that these people seem to almost believe their little stories themselves.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Husband saw another man touhing his wife in a threatening manner and did nothing................... :whatever:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 05:31 PM
68. I CALLED THE COPS-----
 Okay, I read your posts. ANd I realized that the reason I didn't want to call was because I was embarassed at what he called me.....

I also felt violated for being touched, but knew that since it wasn't 'serious', it would have little chance of being acted on.....

But I called. And I told the cops what happened. And I got a report #. And I feel so much better.

They wrote it down as a 'prior disturbance' and that he 'pushed' me....and maybe that isn't a perfect characterization of what happened, but I am GLAD that I wrote it down...

Will the Philly police do anything further? No--but if HE comes back, I've got my prior record....and I feel safer.....

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
My 5 year old was very calm and asked me what white trash was. I told her that the color of people's skin was never an insult and that people aren't trash. I explained that dude was a Republican. Like Sarah Palin she asked?? Yep.

I had gone brain numb the first time reading the stupid thing  but caught this little bouncy within the bouncy this time.  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
That one didn't even bounce, it just went into the basement. Any more it might've hit the sub-basement.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

http://www.kernaghan2008.com/site/

Who wants to send Kernaghan a link to the DU thread?

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
Sent his campaign an email along with links.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline formerlurker

:popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Oh, this oughta be a hoot.  And frankly, if this were even half true, the media would be all over this like rabid pit bulls on raw meat.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

She isn't that bright.  If you google her user name, you get links to a Philadelphia blog she posts on where she pretty much indicates where she lives and even what school her daughter attends.

It won't be difficult for Kernaghan to determine if anyone was in her neighborhood at all when she alleges this happens....   

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator

Thank you, sir; you're admirable.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Putting out campaign fliers with no party identification.......yeah right. :whatever:

The sad thing is that these people seem to almost believe their little stories themselves.

The only time in all the election cycles since 2000 that I don't see party affiliation on a campaign flier...it's a Democrat.

They are the only ones who purposely go out of the way to NOT let people know their party affiliation.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true

Please be sure and let us know of any follow up by his campaign. I would love to hear the outcome.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline formerlurker

Check out the thread now:

Is this your side of the story? It's convenient that we all forget the true side of the story when it's our turn to tell the story. I have to say that you have forgotten some key points in your story and you have added some things to your story for appeal to your readers I would imagine.

Did you forget that you came out of your house screaming up the street at me to ask me what he was? Did you forget that I told you that he was a neighbor and Fairmounter that lives in the neighborhood? Did you forget to tell your readers that you chased me up the street to ask me what the party affiliation was for the guy on the card? Did you forget to tell the forum that when I told you that he was a Republican you ripped up the card in front of the guy and then told me to get out of your neighborhood. This is the same guy that is out in his neighborhood trying to provide his neighborhood with a choice for State Representative rather than the 32 year incumbent who has not been active in the community since me moving to and living in the district?

Did you tell the forum that when I walked away from you the first time after ripping up the door knocker in my face that you then turned to the other doors on the block and began pulling them from the doors of other residents. This is when I turned back and approached you and asked you why you were so disrespectful and that you shouldn't be doing that and that you should consider the personal time and energy that one of your neighbors is putting into a campaign to provide a choice to the district. Did you tell the forum that after approaching you that you continued to pull them off of other residences doors and were still ripping them up in front of me.

Did you tell the forum that I asked if this was appropriate behavior to show your daughter who was there the entire time watching her angry mom ripping down door knockers off of other doors.

Did you tell the forum that your husband agreed that this wasn't appropriate behavior for his daughter see coming from his mother? Did you tell that you husband was appalled with your behavior and he was going to shake my hand but you yelled at him and belittled him in front of me so that he would say nothing in your defense.

As for name calling I would never call any women a BITCH to them or in front of their children or in front of their husband. Can it get any more disrespectful than that besides your behavior that was displayed today. That is not how I was raised and nor is it something that I would want my daughter to hear so that is a very offensive, slanderous, defamatory, thing to say on this forum. At no point did I assault you or had any attention to assault you for pulling door knockers off of the doors. That is ridiculous. I have never hit a women and do not plan on doing it anytime soon. This is why politicians have handlers. Some people just get upset and loose all control and bearing and for what "A DOOR KNOCKER"

As for your sticker for Obama I could care less who you support. This is a democracy and you can support whom ever you like. I have a roommate that is an Obama supporter and i'm not assaulting him because of it. He has an opinion and he is entitled to it. And where does anyone get of on thinking that because I'm a Republican that I

I have no idea why you were so angry that I was a Republican and why you felt this sense of duty to begin ripping door knockers off of the doors of other private residences. I have no idea why you are so angry that you then continued to rip them off of the doors after being asked not to and if anyone thinks that I wouldn't have asked you not to do that is foolish. It's hard work to get out there to do what I am doing and then to have such disrespectful people out there doing the things that you did today is amazing and then to broadcast these lies on your underground website that I am glad that someone that I know who is a blogger informed of such and told me to respond before it gets out of hand.

I live in a democracy and everyone has a right to have choices and all I was doing today was providing a choice to my neighbors who I have fought for with Drug Dealers on the corner of our block, unruly PHA tenants on our block, developers just taking advantage of the block when they were rehabbing homes on my block as you can see I'm an assistant block captain on my block and very active with my neighbors and neighborhood and to see you lies based on your anger at the Republican party at the National Level is unbelievable.

If any of those that wrote offensive emails to me should first get the facts before sending emails that are offensive and against the rules of this forum and will be forwarded to the appropriate contact. What you should have done before sending those emails was to first get the second side of the story before basing your one side opinion.

You can now decide if i acted out of line or your fellow one sided fellow blogger is.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Reading that thread made my head hurt.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Check out the thread now:

They all put their fingers in their ears and scream liar liar!.

They are a delusional cult.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
It amazes me really, that these folks can even function in society at any level without totally melting down.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
It amazes me really, that these folks can even function in society at any level without totally melting down.

One way or another, there will be a lot of meltdowns in the next four years.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 05:31 PM
68. I CALLED THE COPS-----
 Okay, I read your posts. ANd I realized that the reason I didn't want to call was because I was embarassed at what he called me.....

I also felt violated for being touched, but knew that since it wasn't 'serious', it would have little chance of being acted on.....

But I called. And I told the cops what happened. And I got a report #. And I feel so much better.

They wrote it down as a 'prior disturbance' and that he 'pushed' me....and maybe that isn't a perfect characterization of what happened, but I am GLAD that I wrote it down...

Will the Philly police do anything further? No--but if HE comes back, I've got my prior record....and I feel safer.....

What a total victim!  "Ohhhhhhhhhh Mr. Popo big bad Republithug touched me!!!!!!!"  I wanna touch her with my fist right about now.

BlooInBloo  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 07:36 PM
89. hahaha! In case it's not obvious, what he really meant was "******-lover"...
 They've just gotten more cowardly over the years.

Oh FFS!!!!!! :thatsright: :thatsright:

pacoyogi  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 08:06 PM
Response to Reply #91
92. There was something about him--something in the way he looked at
 us--he wanted us to hit him---I think he would have used it as an excuse to pound us. I wasn't surprised when I learned he was an ex-wrestler and an ex-cop (after only three years.)

No, I'm glad my husband backed off--he's older, and he doesn't fight with his fists. He fights with paper.

Me?? My Sicilian background made my hands itch. But there has to be a better way. My family of origin won't agree with me, but I am committed to non-violence.

He acted like an ass, and he won't win this election. 

I would imagine everyone around you wants you to hit them first.

hfojvt  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 09:59 PM
Response to Reply #105
116. apparently you did not put in the part in about tearing up his flier
 a move which was based on nothing more than party affiliation, and was the first volley in this altercation. Also, if somebody calls you something like 'white trash' you don't exactly prove them wrong by vandalizing their work.

You started out treating his first doorhanger like trash. Apparently, you are gonna vote against him without knowing anything about him. You don't think Republicans should run? And if they run, they shouldn't campaign?

Thanks going to leave a HUGE mark. :rotf:

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
They are ****ing delusional.

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
They are ****ing delusional.

To put it mildly, sir.
apres moi, le deluge