Author Topic: DUmp DUngeon thread: Was Hitler real?  (Read 1733 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DUmp DUngeon thread: Was Hitler real?
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:37:35 AM »
Boojatta  (1000+ posts)      Fri Sep-26-08 12:01 PM
Original message
Did a few different German actors play the role of a non-existent Adolf Hitler?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=125&topic_id=224398&mesg_id=224398

We have heard that there might never have been a Jesus and that somebody other than Shakespeare might have written the plays allegedly written by somebody named "Shakespeare."

Now, how do we know that there was actually a real person named "Adolf Hitler"? A secret group of conspirators who are skilled in arts and design (including the arts of acting, public speaking, and advertising), can easily create a persona who doesn't exist. Once the group of conspirators acquires political power, it can be totalitarian and continue to keep information under tight control.

Bo is a loony truther who, I guess, is trying to explain something about 9/11 by pointing out Hitler wasn't real...

or something...

spooked911 (1000+ posts)       Fri Sep-26-08 12:14 PM
Response to Original message
1. No, there was a real Hitler
 but I have read he used many "dopplegangers" to impersonate him, for various reasons, including faking his death.

See Greg Hallet "Hitler Was a British Agent".

Maybe he was a lizard.

wildbilln864  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-27-08 12:37 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. great point!
 so do the official anti-truthers seem to believe what ever the established version is. Even with no real investigation.
Some of them even believe that the 9/11 commission was an investigation. 

No real investigation into the theory that Hitler wasn't real? What?

wildbilln864  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-28-08 03:11 PM
Response to Reply #11
14. that's your tale...
 Edited on Sun Sep-28-08 03:11 PM by wildbilln864
I'm sitting here on mine. Bush did not do 9/11! He just allowed it in order to have his PNAC buddies's WOT!

wildbilln864  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-28-08 03:34 PM
Response to Reply #15
16. I'm arguing for an investigation!
 I don't know the truth of what and how it happened. And I will continue to push for a real investigation. I will support all efforts to achieve that result.
No planes? I think there were at least two. Probably three but some things are suspicious.
Demolition? I think so. Buildings don't just collapse completely from damage or fire. Never have and never will!
There are reports of molten steel under all three buildings. How'd that happen? You have no answer but you evidently think it was a normal occurrence. That's ridiculous.
And who benefited is most suspicious! PNAC, Bush. War profiteers all profit. The alledged perps? Not so much.
You think they were smart enough to pull 9/11 off but not smart enough to see the outcome? The war against their allies?
I can't buy that. Sell it elsewhere.

rayofreason (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-27-08 01:50 PM
Response to Reply #8
12. The super-rich did not bankrupt the country...
 ...what did it was a huge number of bad loans.

10% of mortgages were lent out to people with no credit, or for houses too expensive, or on adjustable terms that that could not be sustained, with no money down, interest only, etc.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac bought all the bad paper and recycled it into the economy. Since they were taking it up, many banks said "what the hell - offer more interest only ARMs". Sure, some people were sucked in by predatory lenders, but not all, and not most. Most of these folks made a bad decision based on the expectation that houses, like tulip bulbs, would continue to skyrocket in price. I know several people who bought houses in 2004 and 2005 just to flip them. Now, the boom has gone bust, as they always do. But this time, the numbers are big, and because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac covered it up, and injected all this bad stuff into the financial bloodstream, the credit markets have seized up. Each lost dollar of assets means 10 dollars of lost liquidity - money that cannot be lent or circulated in the economy. So something has to be done.

So it remains to the 90% of homeowners, like me, who paid their bills on time and have reasonable mortgages, to bail out the other 10% in some way. What I want to make sure is that however it is done, it does not encourage bad, irresponsible behavior in the future.

Want to read something funny that captures the whole mess? Check this out.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2007/12/please-don...

And note that it was posted in December 2007. Funny and prescient.

I think ray is a mole.

Redstone  (1000+ posts)      Tue Sep-30-08 03:42 PM
20. Oh, **** me.This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on DU, or anywhere else.
 Redstone

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: DUmp DUngeon thread: Was Hitler real?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:57:19 AM »
20. Oh, **** me.This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on DU, or anywhere else.
 Redstone
I was afraid Redstone might be setting the bar quite high, but on reflection he may very well be right.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:04:03 AM »
 Redstone
I was afraid Redstone might be setting the bar quite high, but on reflection he may very well be right.

It's a contender, but it would take a blue-ribbon commission a year to select the true "Dumbest" in that miasma of stupidity.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:14:22 AM »
I'd walk in front of a bus if my only choice in life was to not believe anything and everything I see.

This DUmmie is taking the old 60's "Question Everything" mantra wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too far.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:00:50 AM »
Oh FFS .This is what happen es when babies get dropped on their heads They grow up to be DUmpmonkies.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:41:39 AM »
Hitler was really an actor hired by Karl Rove so we could go to war with Germany so he and his buddies could make gazillions of dollars.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:47:11 AM »
Hitler was really an actor hired by Karl Rove so we could go to war with Germany so he and his buddies could make gazillions of dollars.  :mental:

So Teh Rove and W's grand daddy's were in cahoots back then?

Who knew!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:14:39 PM »

NO WAY!  DADDY BOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH  DID IT!   :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
 Redstone

It's a contender, but it would take a blue-ribbon commission a year to select the true "Dumbest" in that miasma of stupidity.
Every time I think I have seen the stupidest thing ever at DU, they somehow manage to come up with something even more detached from reality.  It's a bottomless barrel over there.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 12:37:02 PM »

So Teh Rove and W's grand daddy's were in cahoots back then?

Who knew!

Teh Rove is ETERNAL.  Teh Rove is ALL POWERFUL.

ALL HAIL TEH ROVE!!!  :bow: :bow:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 01:40:53 PM »
Even the most creative can't come up with the stoopid of the average DUmmy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 03:19:38 PM »
Boojatta  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-27-08 11:35 AM
Original message
Does anything actually connect modern Israel and the year 1948? 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Sat Sep-27-08 11:36 AM by Boojatta
Isn't it possible that there is no connection?

I'm not suggesting that Israel doesn't exist now. I'm suggesting that it might have been founded earlier. For example, is it possible that there was a secret provision in the Treaty of Versailles that was implemented before 1948? Alternatively, is it possible that modern Israel was established before the Treaty of Versailles?
Boojatta  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-27-08 12:06 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. My question is whether the government of modern Israel existed 
 before 1948.

Also, the discovery of previously secret provisions in the Treaty of Versailles would be a big deal to many historians.
William Seger  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-27-08 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. Do you mean, like...
 Edited on Sat Sep-27-08 03:16 PM by William Seger
... in another dimension or alternate universe? What would this "actual government" have actually governed before 1948?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x224444

I thought I'd try and corral Boojatta's st00pid in one thread so that it doesn't contaminate the whole DUmpster.  :-)

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »
 Redstone

I'm not so sure with only five words, chicken wire and cinder clocks.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »
You know it's bad when the bird smacker is the beacon of sanity in a thread.

AMEN brother
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.