Author Topic: Zimbabwe: Lion Mauls Woman to Death as She has Sex with Lover  (Read 1277 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Yes, I found it on Drudge.

Zimbabwe: Lion Mauls Woman to Death as She has Sex with Lover

Lion stalks courting couple and kills woman as boyfriend runs for help wearing nothing but a condom

By Hannah Osborne: Subscribe to Hannah's RSS feed

March 6, 2013 2:06 PM GMT

A lion killed a woman while she was having sex in the bush with her boyfriend, reports have emerged. He managed to escape wearing nothing but a condom.

The woman, identified as Sharai Mawera,  was mauled to death in the attack in Mahombekombe, Kariba in Zimbabwe. She was severely injured in her neck and stomach.

Her boyfriend, a fisherman who was not identified, heard the lion roar, MyZimbabwe reported. They had been having sex in a sideways position and he managed to escape wearing nothing but a condom.

He turned back to see Mawera being mauled and rushed to a nearby road for help.

Motorists refused to stop, however. As he was naked, it is presumed that many thought  he was suffering from mental health problems.

In other words, they thought he was a DUmb****.  The rest of the story is here:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/442888/20130306/lion-mauls-woman-death-zimbabwe-having-sex.htm

I could run with a whole bunch of jokes here . . . but I won't.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Zimbabwe: Lion Mauls Woman to Death as She has Sex with Lover
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
Well, there's no crime in getting laid out in the open - especially in a third world hellhole like Zimbabwe.

I can't imagine a worse way to die than be mauled by an animal.  :o
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
At least he was wearing a condom.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:12:16 PM »
The lion must not like people making out on his territory.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »
The lion must not like people making out on his territory.

And here I woulda thought you'd have said the lion was under orders from the evil bunny empire.  :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »
And here I woulda thought you'd have said the lion was under orders from the evil bunny empire.  :fuelfire:

The Evil Bunny Empire would massacre humans.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:15 PM »
I don't know about evil bunny empires, but I do know that lions like to eat people---do it a lot in Africa. Over 10 years ago I had taken a deeply discounted low fare trip to Africa with a group from the St Louis Zoo. We didn't exactly stay in the higher end places, but did manage to stay in one nice looking lodge. One of the employees started talking about how many people were "taken out" by the lions that stalked the workman while constructing the lodge. So it might have been a coincidence with the activities of the couple making out in the bush. The lion probably thought that it would be easy to prey on them while they were otherwise occupied.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »
I don't know about evil bunny empires, but I do know that lions like to eat people---do it a lot in Africa. Over 10 years ago I had taken a deeply discounted low fare trip to Africa with a group from the St Louis Zoo. We didn't exactly stay in the higher end places, but did manage to stay in one nice looking lodge. One of the employees started talking about how many people were "taken out" by the lions that stalked the workman while constructing the lodge. So it might have been a coincidence with the activities of the couple making out in the bush. The lion probably thought that it would be easy to prey on them while they were otherwise occupied.

OH how lucky you are to have seen Africa.  Unfortunately you may have been safer out in the bush then you would have been in a town of size where the dangerous animals walk on two feet.

BTW------There is no place in the world where it is safe to have sex with a fisherman, or any man of the sea.

You know the OLD catch and release, unless one is hungry, few are keepers.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
OH how lucky you are to have seen Africa.  Unfortunately you may have been safer out in the bush then you would have been in a town of size where the dangerous animals walk on two feet.

BTW------There is no place in the world where it is safe to have sex with a fisherman, or any man of the sea.

You know the OLD catch and release, unless one is hungry, few are keepers.

I did feel safer in the bush than going to some of my accounts (job for many years selling to the federal and city governments in the St Louis area). I went into some really scary places on the job. At least in Tanzania there was a guide with a gun.