Author Topic: I know I'm going to get into a fistfight at the grocery store  (Read 1386 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I know I'm going to get into a fistfight at the grocery store
« on: January 18, 2021, 02:36:02 PM »
bif (18,742 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214953328

I know I'm going to get into a fistfight at the grocery store one of these days for speaking my mind.

Today I encountered a guy who wasn't wearing a mask. I said, "No mask?" He gave me this stupid, condescending grin and said "No".

I really wanted to smack him but I just shook my head and walked away. Plus he was walking the wrong way down a clearly marked one way aisle. What do you do when you encounter assholes like this?

:mental:

Star Member MiniMe (19,297 posts)

3. I've been an asshole about walking the wrong way, not about the mask

I don't go to the grocery very often, always wear a mask. But one time I accidentally didn't pay attention to the one way marker at the end of the aisle. As soon as I realized, I turned my cart around and exited the aisle. I was just so excited that there was Charmin TP in that aisle. Oops. Felt bad, but the store wasn't crowded at all.

Star Member LuckyCharms (9,949 posts)

7. Body slam them until they are a pile a human pulp.

I'm kidding of course.

What I do is to get far away from them as soon as possible.

If I'm in a situation where I'm trapped with them and have to get by them in an aisle or something, I do a big drama filled move where I give them a side- eye and say something like "WTF man" as I slink by them holding my breath.

Best thing is to just get away from them.

Star Member Irish_Dem (8,574 posts)

10. I go to security or a clerk and report the person. Or I say something.

I tell the person: You are going to get sick if you don't wear a mask. Do you want to die? I know I don't.

If they don't have their nose covered, I tell them to pull up their mask over their nose.
One man told me it fogs up his glasses.
I told him if fogs up EVERYBODY'S glasses, we are all struggling, but we have to do the right thing.

If they are wearing the mask as a chin diaper, I tell them to pull up their mask.

I am a small older female, no male has so far wanted to get into fisticuffs with me.
But I am willing to fight if I have to. I get so mad when I see people not wearing masks.

The leftists are always so ready to snitch to the Gestapo... yet they always wonder how Hitler and Stalin go away with doing what they did...

Star Member sinkingfeeling (43,540 posts)

16. I pull out my purse-sized spray Lysol and spray it towards them. They will walk away quickly.

:thatsright:

former9thward (23,305 posts)

29. That is assualt legally.

That person has no idea what you are spraying on them. What if they pull out pepper spray and spray it towards you?

You pull something rapidly out of your purse and point it at me you are likely to get two rounds through your chest cavity...

Star Member Ms. Toad (25,438 posts)

20. i report the store to the bureau of employment services

Stores in Ohio are obligated to enforce the mask order, and a unit out of the BES is the entity charged with enforcement.

If there are more than a couple, or they are repeat offenders, I stop shopping there and tell them why (and report them).

I comply with one-way aisles - but it doesn't really bother me if others don't. The real risk is the aerosolized cloud that lingers in the space the breather occupied. That cloud really doesn't become worse because they are walking toward me rather than away.

Star Member roamer65 (24,467 posts)

28. I figure a good chunk of the anti-maskers are also anti-vaxxers.

So let’s see how they behave when a good chunk of the vaccinated majority start taking off their masks and these morons still catch the virus.

Vaccinated folks still can be asymptomatic carriers.

I bet these freaks flip flop and want mask mandates.

Midnight Writer (9,768 posts)

37. I'm worried, too. I'm usually pretty cool, but my temper tends to build until it escapes.

People are dying, and an errant breath could be a lethal weapon.

Not wearing a mask is as irresponsible as pointing a loaded gun at people. Sure, you may not intend to hurt anyone, but you know how dangerous it is.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I know I'm going to get into a fistfight at the grocery store
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »
Having been locked up since late January 2020, I have no idea what the outside world has been like recently.

Just how serious are local authorities, about enforcing masks?

Around here, in a deep red area, it seems like nobody really cares; if one wants to wear one, fine, and if one doesn't want to wear one, fine.

If the Pretender tries to enforce a vigorous mandate, my guess it will have the same effect as when the Pretender tries to enforce control over privately-owned firearms.  He'll have to just go and pound sand, as nobody's going to pay attention to either.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:40:09 PM »
Having been locked up since late January 2020, I have no idea what the outside world has been like recently.

Just how serious are local authorities, about enforcing masks?

The city here issued several fines to local businesses the very first day their mask ordinance went into effect.  They also revoked liquor licenses for restaurants that didn't follow their edicts.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:16:59 PM »
Around here not many wear masks and 90% of businesses don’t care or even ask. They post the necessary signage but if you just walk in it’s no big deal.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
What a major bunch of assholes on that thread!  Entertaining, though.  These idiots still believe this is an instant death sentence, not 99.8% recoverable.  They must be so disappointed that there's not deplorables stacked in the streets. 

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 03:48:29 PM »
for decades these morons have looked the other way as illegal aliens flooded across our borders and argued for no legal action to be taken against them, yet now they are hollering at the top of their lungs to get the authorities involved if they see someone not wearing a mask or going the wrong way in a supermarket.

I'm curious how they react when I wear my "biden is not my president" mask in their presence once the commander in thief decrees his mask mandate in federal places.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 04:47:30 PM »
My 80 year old mother with post polio syndrome got covid...and kicked it's ass, she said it was "nothing"

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »
What a major bunch of assholes on that thread!  Entertaining, though.  These idiots still believe this is an instant death sentence, not 99.8% recoverable.  They must be so disappointed that there's not deplorables stacked in the streets.

Not only is it 99.8% recoverable, 40% of those who test positive have no symptoms at all. How do I know? I'm one of those 40% and currently on a 10 day vacation.....err, isolating myself from the world.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:18:19 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »
Here in WA state the one way aisles only lasted maybe a month.  Then they were gone because not many people obeyed them.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 03:47:42 AM »
I have seen at least two independent, not-quoting-each-other pieces which state unironically that the writer or the writer's friend/relative "did everything right*" and got the Chinese Death Boogers anyway...

With not even a small acknowledgement that there are people in this country, a heckuva lot of them actually, who due to the essentialness of their labor and general disdain for edicts and ukases, have been living their lives as nearly mask-free as possible and haven't got so much as a sniffle...

...who might, just maybe, have been the ones who actually did everything correctly.

*Translation: did everything the Government said to do, which is always the best choice, isn't it?
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 08:03:38 AM »
If they’re that scared they need to simply stay home. According to their own “experts”, they have on a mask so they’re safe regardless of whether the other person doesn’t. These dolts don’t even know their own rules.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 09:20:31 AM »
If they’re that scared they need to simply stay home. According to their own “experts”, they have on a mask so they’re safe regardless of whether the other person doesn’t. These dolts don’t even know their own rules.

it's more about controlling the behavior of others than it is fighting a virus.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 09:57:00 AM »
it's more about controlling the behavior of others than it is fighting a virus.

Yes sir.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »
I have seen at least two independent, not-quoting-each-other pieces which state unironically that the writer or the writer's friend/relative "did everything right*" and got the Chinese Death Boogers anyway...

With not even a small acknowledgement that there are people in this country, a heckuva lot of them actually, who due to the essentialness of their labor and general disdain for edicts and ukases, have been living their lives as nearly mask-free as possible and haven't got so much as a sniffle...

...who might, just maybe, have been the ones who actually did everything correctly.

*Translation: did everything the Government said to do, which is always the best choice, isn't it?

Same here. As an essential worker I played by the rules (wash my hands, sanitize often, wear a mask and social distance) and still caught the ChiFlu. All of the proscribed prevention methods did squat for me. But at least I'm asymptomatic with the strain of the ChiFlu I tested for and will be out of my vacation....err, quarantine, this Friday.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 02:39:55 PM »
Essential worker here as well. No mask, no sanitation beyond the norm. Perfectly healthy. In fact, if I did have it, I'd be a major carrier in 4 states.

Side note: don't shop at family dollar/ dollar tree
.they are forcing vendors to sign a form that says they are healthy and require a mask. George Orwell has signed a bunch of stuff here lately.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 06:31:15 PM »
Star Member Ms. Toad (25,438 posts)

20. i report the store to the bureau of employment services

Stores in Ohio are obligated to enforce the mask order, and a unit out of the BES is the entity charged with enforcement.

If there are more than a couple, or they are repeat offenders, I stop shopping there and tell them why (and report them).

I comply with one-way aisles - but it doesn't really bother me if others don't. The real risk is the aerosolized cloud that lingers in the space the breather occupied. That cloud really doesn't become worse because they are walking toward me rather than away.

That's the ticket!!!  Put the locally owned store out of business and ruin their lively hood!!!  That will make them want to vote dem!!!

I bet you was the kid that ratted out all the other kids in school. The tattle tale.  What's the popular saying from the folks in your base?  Snitches get stitches I believe it is?

I bet you ain't gonna be too popular in your neighborhood once word gets out, snitchy tattle tale.  And it will get out. Nobody likes a rat.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 08:44:12 PM »
That's the ticket!!!  Put the locally owned store out of business and ruin their lively hood!!!  That will make them want to vote dem!!!

I bet you was the kid that ratted out all the other kids in school. The tattle tale.  What's the popular saying from the folks in your base?  Snitches get stitches I believe it is?

I bet you ain't gonna be too popular in your neighborhood once word gets out, snitchy tattle tale.  And it will get out. Nobody likes a rat.

I believe the term for someone like Ms. Toad(ie) would be a good little Nazi.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 08:01:39 AM »
   The title of this thread could be : "I do not have the mental faculties to control my emotions and violent actions in public spaces."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 03:01:15 PM »
Hey bif,

Your mom is a super spreader.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 03:07:34 PM »

Offline FaC

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »
George Orwell has signed a bunch of stuff here lately.

I see what you did there  :cheersmate: