Current Events > Breaking News

U.N. Forecasters: Global Temperatures to Decrease

(1/4) > >>

bijou:

--- Quote ---Average global temperatures in 2008 are forecast to be lower than in previous years, thanks to the cooling effect of the ocean current in the Pacific, U.N. meteorologists say.

The World Meteorological Organisation's secretary-general, Michel Jarraud, said it was likely that La Nina, an abnormal cooling of sea surface temperatures in the Pacific Ocean, would continue into the summer.

If the forecast holds true, global temperatures will not have risen since 1998, prompting some to question climate change theory.

A small number of scientists doubt whether this means global warming has peaked and the Earth has proved more resilient to greenhouse gases than predicted, but Jarraud insists this is not the case and notes that 1998 temperatures would still be well above average for the century.

"When you look at climate change you should not look at any particular year," he told the BBC. "You should look at trends over a pretty long period and the trend of temperature globally is still very much indicative of warming."
...more...

--- End quote ---
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346310,00.html

OMG we are all going to freeze to death.

:ohnoes:

Chris_:
Yeah, but was it peer reviewed?  [/TNO mode]
  :fuelfire:

bijou:

--- Quote from: lug-nut on April 04, 2008, 04:48:18 PM ---Yeah, but was it peer reviewed?  [/TNO mode]
  :fuelfire:

--- End quote ---
It's the UN, they don't need no steenking peer reviewing.  The UN is the font of all truth.  :whatever:

BEG:
I am so sick of "Global Warming" errr umm I mean "Global Climate Change".  Everywhere I turn, it's "Green" this, "Global Climate Change" that.  Even my friggen magazines have gone "green".  Woman's Day is the worst.  Their last issue was totally about living the "Green Life Style".  I would gladly live a more "green" life if they weren't cramming it down my throat 24/7.

Lord Undies:

--- Quote from: BEG on April 04, 2008, 04:58:04 PM ---I am so sick of "Global Warming" errr umm I mean "Global Climate Change".  Everywhere I turn, it's "Green" this, "Global Climate Change" that.  Even my friggen magazines have gone "green".  Woman's Day is the worst.  Their last issue was totally about living the "Green Life Style".  I would gladly live a more "green" life if they weren't cramming it down my throat 24/7.

--- End quote ---

I can beat that.  My U-Verse TV magazine was all about Green TV this month.  I almost puked.  Green.

This is not a coincidence, folks.  This is coordinated propaganda.  It is dangerous and, above all, anti-USA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version