Author Topic: Are Mass Shootings Another Form of Domestic Terrorism?  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Are Mass Shootings Another Form of Domestic Terrorism?
« on: October 30, 2023, 05:42:40 AM »
My vote is yes. What do you think?

When the leftist media decides to report on a single mass shooting (think Lewiston) and ignores others, why is that? Are the media complicit in domestic terrorism on that basis? Perhaps indirectly, but what do you think?

Kevin Downey, Jr., of PJ Media reports on the issue of mass shootings and how "selective" the media are in reporting same. We know that blacks are disproportionately involved in gangland shootings, and it's been mentioned on these pages - correctly, I believe - that despite the demographics, the issue is largely a matter of "culture" -- to wit, the strutting, posturing, and bad-ass imagery you're likely to see on Tik-Tok (not that i go there) reflects this culture.

But by the definition that Downey provides of what a mass shooting is -- 4 or more people shot, not including the gunman -- there are a whole bunch more mass shootings that aren't reported at all.

Why is that? Is it the race of the shooter? Is it the weapon of choice, meaning if an AR-style rifle is used, does it automatically hit the leftist hit parade? Again, what do you think?

Please take a moment and read Downey's article. I think it's very revealing.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2023/10/29/the-10-mass-shootings-since-lewiston-you-didnt-hear-about-n1738971
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Are Mass Shootings Another Form of Domestic Terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 09:46:10 AM »
Just focusing on the most recent, specific mass casualty event up in Maine for a moment, there are "loose ends" on that event (see video link below) that really make me question the official narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/live/hlgsEmILrZI?si=N21iEGfb6HxzfWVN

I've spotted a couple of points where the channel owner/curator/whatever's story isn't jiving properly, but the points he's raising need to be factored into our thinking.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 10:24:29 AM »
My vote is yes. What do you think?

Logically, it makes sense.  But logic is not utilized that much across our society, our media, our legal system, ect.

The stats would change drastically if such a decision was made, cause the anti gun nutters would have to avoid the "racism" and "profiling" of how many mass shootings, depending on who's definition you're using, are committed by non-white, non-right wing people. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 06:12:38 PM »
Just focusing on the most recent, specific mass casualty event up in Maine for a moment, there are "loose ends" on that event (see video link below) that really make me question the official narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/live/hlgsEmILrZI?si=N21iEGfb6HxzfWVN

I've spotted a couple of points where the channel owner/curator/whatever's story isn't jiving properly, but the points he's raising need to be factored into our thinking.

I don't believe there's been a mass shooting event in the past decade that hasn't changed from initial reports to whatever "final" report came out. The upshot is, I believe very, very little of what comes out of those reports to begin with. There are too many people interested in twisting the narrative to their POV. The Uvalde and Nashville school shootings come to mind.

Truth be told,  I couldn't watch but a few minutes of this channel owner's presentation. His whining about his f'n nose was too much. STFU, buddy, and tell the story -- or GTFO out from behind that microphone. Not interested in your problem.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.