Current Events > Politics

AOC Suggests Checking Juvenile Criminal Records To Be Able To Buy A Gun Could Be

(1/1)

Ptarmigan:
AOC Suggests Checking Juvenile Criminal Records To Be Able To Buy A Gun Could Be Racist
https://www.dailywire.com/news/aoc-suggests-checking-juvenile-criminal-records-to-be-able-to-buy-a-gun-could-be-racist

--- Quote ---Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) suggested Monday that looking into juvenile criminal background records as part of a background check before a person can purchase a firearm could be racist.

Ocasio-Cortez’s remarks come after an 18-year-old Hispanic male opened fire at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, late last month, killing 19 children.

Her remarks were in response to a bipartisan group of U.S. senators who released a framework of solutions that they were going to try to pass that included an enhanced review process for people under 21-years-old. “For buyers under 21 years of age, requires an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement,” the agreement said.

“AOC tells me she is worried about the criminalization in the gun framework: ‘particularly, the juvenile criminalization, the expansion of background checks into juvenile records, I want to explore the implications of that and how specifically i’s designed and tailored,’” reporter Eric Michael Garcia tweeted. “‘After columbine, we hired thousands of police officers into schools and while it didn’t prevent many of the mass shootings that we’ve seen now, it has increased the criminalization of teens in communities like mine.’”
--- End quote ---

AOC states juvenile criminal background check could be racist.

Ralph Wiggum:
These days, I just assume everything is either deemed racist or Putin's fault. That's what keeps being parroted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version