The Bar > Sports

In "honor" of Tiger Woods' return to golf at The Masters

<< < (2/2)

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on April 09, 2022, 08:46:20 AM ---Had the ESPN+ (more on that in a minute) feed on my laptop and glanced over out of curiosity on occasion Thursday and Friday. Was dubious about his health and walking ability on that hilly course. He was a bit gimpy like some of the 60-70 year old's I often play with, but clearly his golf skills haven't diminished.

Scheffler is on quite a roll, rocketing to world #1 with three wins in recent months. But Augusta National can play tricks on the mind and still has 36 holes to navigate.

As for ESPN+, it is the only subscription service that I have (no Netflix/Apple+/Hulu, etc.).  While I'm feeding the Disney mouse, the ESPN+ package provides tons of college basketball/baseball and the PGA tour that is unavailable elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

The days of a cadre of great golfers that EVERYONE knew like Palmer, Hogan, Ballasteros, Norman, etc. are gone forever. Woods was the last one. For the last 5 or 10 years it has been a bunch of faceless names.

The same is true in tennis.

FlaGator:
Makes me think of the original version of Rollerball from back in the seventies. "No man is bigger than the game."

freedumb2003b:

--- Quote from: FlaGator on April 09, 2022, 11:36:50 AM ---Makes me think of the original version of Rollerball from back in the seventies. "No man is bigger than the game."

--- End quote ---
Except James Caan.  He was a badass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version