Author Topic: Favorite Burger Chain  (Read 9563 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: Favorite Burger Chain
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
5 guys...

but when I lived in NY, nothing beat Jackson Hole on 5th ave.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »
I've never been to a 5 Guys, although they seem to be springing up everywhere around me now.

I'll say Wendy's for the fast food burger chain.  I'll also agree that Steak n' Shake have lousy fries.

For regular chains though, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Red Robin.

The absolute worst, for a chain trying to sell over priced burgers though would have to be Cheeseburgers' in Paradise

Offline debk

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »
I've never been to a 5 Guys, although they seem to be springing up everywhere around me now.

I'll say Wendy's for the fast food burger chain.  I'll also agree that Steak n' Shake have lousy fries.

For regular chains though, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Red Robin.

The absolute worst, for a chain trying to sell over priced burgers though would have to be Cheeseburgers' in Paradise

A Red Robin just went in here a month or so ago. I haven't been to it yet, but I went to one in Everett WA when I was out visiting my son. His carrier had just come in, and that's where he and the 2 shipmates he had with him wanted to go. It was pretty good.

I've only been to the Cheeseburgers in Paradise in Key West....vastly overrated. Very expensive, food's not that good and the drinks are weak and more expensive than most of the bars on Duval Street.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 10:30:38 PM »
Red Robin is very good.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:13 PM »

I used to work at a restaurant that served the same nasty fries that Steak n' Shake serves.  They switched over to a different style of french fry, more like a thicker Wendy's or Bojangles-style fry.  Our orders went through the roof... sandwich orders, side orders of fries, entrees with fries.  They were pretty damn good.

If you plan on opening a restaurant, pay attention to the kind of fries you serve.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
Red Robin's fries ARE bomb. Their burgers are too tall, though. I like a flat burger.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
http://www.redrobin.com/

That is a big-ass burger, and it looks like they have the same fries as Bojangles.  Bojangles puts cajun seasoning on theirs.  I would go there just for an order of fries and a soda.  They were awesome.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
I voted Steak N Shake, because we are voting on burgers.  Their fries are BAD, though.  I like Red Robins, but we have quite a few good local places here that I would go to first, before I would go to Red Robins.  Burger Island, Griffs, Fat Daddys, to name a few. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Flame

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
I used to like Fuddrucker's, but there are none around here.  (I like being able to doctor my burger any way I want!)

Offline debk

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »
I used to like Fuddrucker's, but there are none around here.  (I like being able to doctor my burger any way I want!)

We have a Fuddrucker's, but since the kids have been grown, I think we've only been once. LOTS of kids running around in there....

They do have great hotdogs!

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
In And Out--double-double, grilled onions and spread only.  Heaven on a bun.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 01:55:46 PM »
In And Out--double-double, grilled onions and spread only.  Heaven on a bun.

100% agreed Sparky
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »
Red Robin's fries ARE bomb. Their burgers are too tall, though. I like a flat burger.

Next time you go ask for the camp-fire sauce, I think it's what they give with the onion rings but on their fries...you'll NEVER use catsup again.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »
Next time you go ask for the camp-fire sauce, I think it's what they give with the onion rings but on their fries...you'll NEVER use catsup again.

Damn it! I went there yesterday.  :-)

BTW, the Guacamole Bacon Burger is excellent.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
Five Guys is good. I love In N Out but I don't really care for the fries much. Yes, I know you can see them make them in the drive thru but meh, I like Mickey D's fries better.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 10:44:05 PM »
Red Robin is an 8.6 out of 10 from the East German judge.

The perfect 10 is Fuddruckers.  I've been to stores in Mesa and up here in Aurora, CO.  Everything is fresh as you could ask for - buns made daily in the store - you get your burger served open face so you can pile on as much or as little of whatever toppings/garnish/condiments you like.  Their fries rock.  Their hand made ice cream shakes are to die for.  It's every thing the ***** little bitch In-&-Out Burger wishes it could be.

Oh, did I mention that In-&-Out has to have been the NASTIEST burger I've ever mistakenly put in my mouth since the last time I ate at McDonalds?

My wife is a BIIIG fan of WhataBurger, as well.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
Red Robin is an 8.6 out of 10 from the East German judge.

The perfect 10 is Fuddruckers.  I've been to stores in Mesa and up here in Aurora, CO.  Everything is fresh as you could ask for - buns made daily in the store - you get your burger served open face so you can pile on as much or as little of whatever toppings/garnish/condiments you like.  Their fries rock.  Their hand made ice cream shakes are to die for.  It's every thing the ***** little bitch In-&-Out Burger wishes it could be.

Oh, did I mention that In-&-Out has to have been the NASTIEST burger I've ever mistakenly put in my mouth since the last time I ate at McDonalds?

My wife is a BIIIG fan of WhataBurger, as well.

I've eaten there and Sonic and thought the same thing. I don't get it.

I ate at Red Robin, I had the original burger and fries, and have to say it was good, but not all that. I'd say 6.5 on a 10 scale. What I noticed is they use sweet relish on the burger not dill.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline debk

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »
I've eaten there and Sonic and thought the same thing. I don't get it.

I ate at Red Robin, I had the original burger and fries, and have to say it was good, but not all that. I'd say 6.5 on a 10 scale. What I noticed is they use sweet relish on the burger not dill.

Sonic hamburgers aren't very good. (I know this from the only person who liked MickeyD's  :-) ) Sometimes their pattymelts are good, but they aren't consistent. We have several Sonics here, and they vary from one to the other.

I do love their lemon creme slushes in the summer.  :drool:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:04 AM »
I voted 'other' for Backyard Burgers.  They are excellent.

Wow, that looks good. I agree about Steak and Shake

I'm still partial to this Midwest chain:

http://www.culvers.com/

Here in Nevada I enjoy In n Out or Jack in the Box, both are 40 minutes away...so I don't eat there often. My city is getting a Carl's Jr and we have the other usual suspects...McD's, BK & Sonic.  A single from McD's is good once in a while.

Not really a chain, but very good burgers:

Offline kenth

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »

Sonic hamburgers aren't very good. (I know this from the only person who liked MickeyD's  :-) ) Sometimes their pattymelts are good, but they aren't consistent. We have several Sonics here, and they vary from one to the other.

I do love their lemon creme slushes in the summer.  :drool:

It must be Sonic's expansion east. I grew up with them in Oklahoma, where they started and they are fantastic. There's a couple here now, in far north Georgia and western NC, and they aren't the same as back home. Especially the one in Murphy, NC. I think it has even closed now, as the quality was so far under par. But a lot of Murphy stores and restaurants are like that. I'm not sure why.

Offline debk

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:13 AM »
It must be Sonic's expansion east. I grew up with them in Oklahoma, where they started and they are fantastic. There's a couple here now, in far north Georgia and western NC, and they aren't the same as back home. Especially the one in Murphy, NC. I think it has even closed now, as the quality was so far under par. But a lot of Murphy stores and restaurants are like that. I'm not sure why.

Like Steak and Shake....in Illinois ...it's really good. In East Tn....it's isn't.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 10:17:07 AM »
Like Steak and Shake....in Illinois ...it's really good. In East Tn....it's isn't.

The Steak 'n Shakes around here are pretty good.  Well, there's only one that I know of but I used to go there when I lived in that neighborhood.

Offline debk

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
The Steak 'n Shakes around here are pretty good.  Well, there's only one that I know of but I used to go there when I lived in that neighborhood.

I've only been to the one that used to be closest to us, near the mall. Their hamburgers made MickeyD's singles look like quarter pounders!!! It was shut down, so the land could be taken for a new interstate exchange.

I haven't been to any of the others...that one was enough to make me not bother to go to one.

The one in Illinois where my dad lived was great....

Offline SVPete

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
Another In N Out fan here - burgers and fries. I think they're mostly or entirely west of the Rockies. Whataburger is more SW US. I liked them when I lived in AZ, but that was 30+ years ago. Wendy's is very decent for a national chain; M is acceptable and consistent mediocrity (you can go into one pretty much anywhere and know what you're going to get). CJ ads make me ill; I don't think I've been to CJ 3 times in the past 20 years. I think Hardees is mostly/entirely east of the Rockies. My family tried Sonic when we were driving through NE: "Quoth the raven ...".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.