Author Topic: Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad’s regime: U.N. official  (Read 4233 times)

Offline TXJohnny

• Probationary (Probie)
Y'all are missing the most important issue in all of this...what card game will Dear Leader be playing when the bombs start falling?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Y'all are missing the most important issue in all of this...what card game will Dear Leader be playing when the bombs start falling?
Solitaire.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Syria isn't just going to sit there and let it happen.  They will fight back. 

I'm not sure how they fight back against tomahawk missiles.

How do you picture this going down?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad’s regime: U.N. official
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
Russia and China Walk Out of UN Security Council meeting on Syria

Sky News Arabia: Russian and Chinese representatives withdraw from UN Security Council on Syrian crisis
link

Of course.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Hezbollah terrorists bringing some of that fun nerve gas shit across our unmanned southern border, and setting 'em off in shopping malls, football stadiums, occu-tard rallies and the like ringing any bells yet?

The difference is that O'Dumbass will theoretically be aiming for "strategically important targets": the Syrian response teams will be going for civilian body counts.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

Hezbollah terrorists bringing some of that fun nerve gas shit across our unmanned southern border, and setting 'em off in shopping malls, football stadiums, occu-tard rallies and the like ringing any bells yet?

The difference is that O'Dumbass will theoretically be aiming for "strategically important targets": the Syrian response teams will be going for civilian body counts.

This might also be the time for some sleeper cells in the US to strike. 

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Well, isn't this interesting?  I wonder if John McCain will shut his ****in' yap about arming al queda in Syria?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Dori

Syria has the support of Iran, Russia, China and Hezbollah. I don't believe they are just going to let all their air assets just sit there and get bombed.

Israel has called up all their reserves and are passing out gas masks to their people.

Too many rogue actors in Syria for nothing to happen in the way of retaliation.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad’s regime: U.N. official
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
Syria has the support of Iran, Russia, China and Hezbollah. I don't believe they are just going to let all their air assets just sit there and get bombed.

Israel has called up all their reserves and are passing out gas masks to their people.

Too many rogue actors in Syria for nothing to happen in the way of retaliation.

Syria has a strong air defense system courtesy of Russia.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Syria has a strong air defense system courtesy of Russia.

Ptarmy... is this the same "strong air defense system" that the Israeli Air Force routinely flies through to knock down nuclear reactors, chemical weapons plants, command and control nodes and the like? :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
From what I've read and heard, the Iraqi chemical weapons were garbage and would have degraded to the point of uselessness by now.

As for who used chemical weapons in Syria, I've always thought that the rebels were more likely to use them over the Assad's forces. It doesn't make sense to me that Assad would use them as it would become a lose/lose situation for Syria with world hatred descending upon them if they did. Assad may be a ruthless dictator but he isn't stupid. The rebels, on the other hand, have many members of Al Qaeda and Islamic fundamentalists in their ranks and would love it if a chemical attack perpetrated by them would be blamed on Assad's forces. They also would have no compunction in killing innocent civilians....just look at the many terrorist actions in the past. They would consider it getting rid of more infidels or allowing them to become martyrs for Islam. As to where they would get the weapons and knowledge use them? They do control Aleppo, a rather large base for the Syrian army at the time this war started. I would imagine that there would have been a stockpile of the weapons, with manuals to use them, stored there.....hell, the rebels found a cache of 5000 Czechoslovakian made copies of the WW2 German MP44 Sturmgewehr, the grandfather of all assault rifles (would love to get my hands on one of those) in Aleppo. Also, many of the Syrian army have defected and joined the other side. I'm sure that some of those probably have the knowledge as well.

Have you ever heard of binary weapons ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.