Author Topic: President Will Veto Fiscal Cliff Bill Unless Rich Get Tax Hikes  (Read 3831 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: President Will Veto Fiscal Cliff Bill Unless Rich Get Tax Hikes
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
Go for it, douchenozzle.  I agree with Gina, I think you're bluffing.

I think if he loses...when he loses...he'd purposely not sign the bill just as one final Eff You to America for sending him back to Chicago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »
I think if he loses...when he loses...he'd purposely not sign the bill just as one final Eff You to America for sending him back to Chicago.

Then Boehner needs to keep the HOR in session for at least 10 days after it's sent to him. Don't give him the pocket veto.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »
Then Boehner needs to keep the HOR in session for at least 10 days after it's sent to him. Don't give him the pocket veto.

I agree...but the problem is that Obama's already shown that he'll randomly declare Congress in recess to get what he wants.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
I agree...but the problem is that Obama's already shown that he'll randomly declare Congress in recess to get what he wants.

Problem is, he can't.  At least problem for him.  Senate, OTOH, will still be under Reid's control until at least January 3rd.

But if he does, it'll show the Dems for the bitter hacks and sore losers they are, like we knew different.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »
Yeah...the consequences are all on him if he does pull a veto, either real or pocket.  Basically this would mean he would have to knowingly take responsibility for the consequences if he did that, and we all know he has done absolutely everything he could to avoid that in every other thing he's done so far.  The closest he's come is swooping in to take credit when some things went right in spite of him, once it was clear they actually worked, but other than that, nothing.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
If you think you are poor now, just wait until Jan, not only will the tax rate go up, but the payroll tax is set to return to its normal rate.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »
Larry Kudlow said today that if Obama doesn't get the tax hikes for the rich all taxes will go up, and the Democrats will blame the Republicans even though they secretly want to raise everyones taxes and are glad Republicans are going to obstruct.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline tbone0106

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »
Larry Kudlow said today that if Obama doesn't get the tax hikes for the rich all taxes will go up, and the Democrats will blame the Republicans even though they secretly want to raise everyones taxes and are glad Republicans are going to obstruct.
Gee, that sounds like... politics.  :hyper:

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
Taxes go up in 2013 for 163 million workers...
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121021/DA221AF00.html

A temporary reduction in Social Security payroll taxes is due to expire at the end of the year and hardly anyone in Washington is pushing to extend it. Neither Obama nor Romney has proposed an extension, and it probably wouldn't get through Congress anyway, with lawmakers in both parties down on the idea.

A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 05:47:10 AM »
After the Magic Negro loses this election, I look for him to f..k up things as much as possible just for spite. Plus, you have retards like slow Joe, Reid and Pisslosi as willing partners.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
The worst part is, no one is talking about this. So in Jan when we all get that first paycheck there is going to be a case of massive shock throughout the country. If 0bama loses then the dems will crow and say, "See Romney raised your taxes".

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »
Frankly, the whole SS "tax cut" witholding reduction was a vote-buying scheme anyway, and never should have been allowed.

Just means SS goes broke that much faster.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 01:08:59 PM »
Frankly, the whole SS "tax cut" witholding reduction was a vote-buying scheme anyway, and never should have been allowed.

Just means SS goes broke that much faster.

Oh it was nothing more than another gimmick. The funny thing is not that long ago that $40 was the most important thing in the world, now 0bama is strangely silent on the matter.