Author Topic: Senator Dodd (D-CT) Will Not Seek Re-election, Democrats Say  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Lacarnut

Re: Senator Dodd (D-CT) Will Not Seek Re-election, Democrats Say
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »
I think they see a Right controlled Congress in the future and all those that either still have investigations or have had investigations in their past that have been stopped on Capital Hill are getting out before they go to prison.There are about 10 or 15 still in play.

A Repub controlled Congress will lay down and play dead when it comes to holding hearing and investigating of past or present legislators. The Democrats have shit all over the Repubs and they turn around and wear it as a hat. Pathetic.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:53 PM »
A Repub controlled Congress will lay down and play dead when it comes to holding hearing and investigating of past or present legislators. The Democrats have shit all over the Repubs and they turn around and wear it as a hat. Pathetic.

I agree.....but you have to admit that there are a hell of a lot of Dems jumping ship right now......they see something coming down the track, and it has them scared shitless.......there will be more to come.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline sully

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
Then if your convictions are that strong then why are you posting in Conservative Cave.If we don't do something about then it is our fault isn't it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:52:41 PM by sully »
Damm the Torpedoes full speed ahead

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 04:54:59 PM »
Then if your convictions are that strong then why are you posting in Conservative Cave are you a Liberal.

He's speaking from experience......for the years that the Republicans controlled the legislative branches, they seemed to go out of their way to placate the "minority", who, when they regained power promptly stabbed them in the back.......I think that we all wonder if that scenario will be repeated, or will the current crop of "Republicans"  grow a set......also, "Republican" and "Conservative" are not necessarily synonymous......

doc
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:57:06 PM by TVDOC »

Offline sully

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »
Doc all I can say is it is our fault for putting weak livered people in office .I know very little about Politics but I am 70 years old a  converted Democrat and dammed tired of sitting back and watching my Country go to crap.I have always voted for the person I thought was right for the job.But  one thing for certain I have never been a quitter.

Offline 5412

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »
I agree.....but you have to admit that there are a hell of a lot of Dems jumping ship right now......they see something coming down the track, and it has them scared shitless.......there will be more to come.

doc

Hi,

I think Limbaugh nailed it again today.  If you are a congressman and get voted out of office you make less money than one who chooses not to run again for re-election.  It is just one more example of these assholes looking after their own pockets.

regards,

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
Heard this about 8:00AM CT time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to log in here to join the celebration. However I fear far worse things await Dudd's departure ie: Attorney General Dick Blumenthal (D-CT) is now as close a shoe-in for Dudd's spot as ever there was.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
I guess it don't matter much just so we get rid of this Buzzard.The Connecticut that already happened last Fall just might change the scope of things.Colorado Governor Bill Riter also announced he is stepping down.

What worries me is M Jodi Rell (R-CT) has already said she's done being governor and the local GOP has nobody capable of beating any one of the 11 or 12 Dems that are lining up for the job. Without a Republican (or even republican) Governor I think it's time to look at moving.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline sully

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
What worries me is M Jodi Rell (R-CT) has already said she's done being governor and the local GOP has nobody capable of beating any one of the 11 or 12 Dems that are lining up for the job. Without a Republican (or even republican) Governor I think it's time to look at moving.
We have some good GOP here but at the present with Democrat in control of Congress we don't hear from them in Colo.