Author Topic: Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies After Accident  (Read 1807 times)

Offline thundley4

Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies After Accident
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »

Former boxing champ Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter has died, according to police. The little girl, Exodus Tyson, was hospitalized Monday after a "tragic accident" involving an exercise machine at her Arizona home.

Phoenix police spokesman Andy Hill said Exodus was pronounced dead in a hospital just before noon Tuesday.

The incident involved a treadmill machine, police said. Exodus either slipped or put her head in the loop of a cord hanging under the console. Her 7-year-old brother found her and told their mother. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR on Exodus as they rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she had been in "extremely critical condition" and on life support, Hill said.
Link

I still don't like him, but I do feel sorry for him and his family.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Re: Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies After Accident
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »
Link

I still don't like him, but I do feel sorry for him and his family.
A four year-old? Hmm...who is watching the kids?
Apparently no one.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
Apparently no one.

You can't keep your eyes on your kids 100% of the day.

This is a really sad case.  Whatever wrongs Mike Tyson did in his past, he didn't deserve this.   :(
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:57:38 PM »

This is a really sad case.  Whatever wrongs Mike Tyson did in his past, he didn't deserve this.   :(

Yep, something like this takes no time at all to happen, and I see no blame whatsoever to be placed on the family .  Their loss is more than enough of a burden.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »
Apparently no one.

A tragic and strange accident indeed.  She shouldn't have been playing with this equipment.

Poor family, I feel really sad for their loss :(

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »
Just a sad accident. To bad a child died like that.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »
Damn.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 11:57:22 PM »
RIP...poor little girl...

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
Yes, very sad.

I wonder if someone tried CPR? Maybe it was just too late.

These types of strangulation cases are too common. Many of them involve playground equipment. Always sad.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 01:54:43 AM »
Unplug the mother****er when you"re not using it!

Sorry, but I do place some blame here!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 04:21:52 AM »

Thing is, what if the machine wasn't plugged in, and she just had her footing wrong on the thing?  As in, what if she was climbing up on the front of the machine, and slipped? 

RIP to the little girl.  "Iron Mike" got his start in my area.  When he left Cus D'Amato and went with Don King is when all sorts of shit started to happen, as Cus was a pretty strict guy and made Tyson pretty much toe the line.  Prayers for the family.  No one deserves to go through this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:10 AM »

Exactly. Apparently, the mother was cleaning in another room and ran to her aid as soon as her older brother said she was caught. Nobody can keep their eyes on their children 100% of the time, especially when you have more then 1 child and I doubt anyone here over the age of 30 had parents who followed them around like a hovercraft all day long. Agree with you, djones. I can't imagine losing a child and being the one to find them like that :(

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:19:33 AM »

Oh fer crissakes. They lost their daughter. What if it was unplugged and the little girl plugged it in? My just turned 5 year old tries to mimic stuff the 'big people' do all the time and sometimes they are dangerous things for a 5 year old, but he wants to try and be 'big'. She may have been told dozens of time not to play on this, plug it in, etc. Unfortunately, to their own demise sometimes, kids don't listen. Just a terrible accident.

Offline cottondress

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 07:02:50 AM »
 So sad...prayers for the family...can not imagine what they must be going through :(
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 08:59:08 AM »
I have a four-year-old girl. This kind of story just makes my insides just knot up.

I can't imagine the family's pain. Prayers go out for them.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »
Unplug the mother****** when you"re not using it!

I can't place blame here at all...the only place I can say there is some form of negligence is pool deaths...it's VERY dangerous to leave kids in the pool (or bathtub for that matter) without supervision..in Florida, the biggest killer of kids are pools.  Then there are "dry drownings" which is different.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »
Tyson has 6 kids, I just don't know by how many diff mothers. I think there is some small blame here, parents need to keep kids away from things that can cause them to hang themselves, or otherwise get severely injured on, but unfortunately people just don't see or think of everything. How terribly sad. I cannot imagine what this poor woman is going thru, or the 7 y old brother who found the little girl. I saw a story on Breitbart where a toddler killed her sibling with a loaded gun yesterday. That should have never happened.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.