Author Topic: North Korea Expels Nuclear Inspectors After Leaving Six-Party Talks  (Read 1230 times)

Offline thundley4

"North Korea ordered International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors out of the country Tuesday. The decision ends international monitoring of a research reactor at Yongbyon and in theory could allow reprocessing of fuel rods to produce plutonium.

The on-again, off-again inspections at the 5-megawatt Experimental Nuclear Reactor Plant and the Nuclear Fuel Fabrication Plant at Yongbyon resumed in October, soon after the U.S. announced it would remove North Korea from the State Department list of countries that sponsor terrorism.

In a statement an IAEA spokesman said North Korea informed IAEA inspectors at Yongbyon that it will immediately cease cooperation with the IAEA and asked the IAEA to remove its containment and surveillance equipment. North Korea announced a plan to reactivate all its nuclear facilities and resume reprocessing of nuclear fuel, the IAEA statement said. The IAEA inspectors have been asked to leave North Korea at the earliest possible time.

Diplomatic tensions with North Korea increased in March with the arrest of two U.S. journalists. Relations worsened again earlier this month following a North Korean rocket launch. North Korea said the launch was for peaceful purposes. North Korea said Tuesday it will boycott the six-party talks with the U.S., China, Russia, Japan and South Korea discussing the future of its nuclear program.

North Korea announced the move just a few hours after the United Nations Security Council in New York voted to criticize the launch with a statement. That penalty carries less diplomatic weight than resolutions the council passed after North Korea separately tested a long-range missile and a nuclear device in 2006." WSJ

Mr. 0Bama, were patiently waiting for your non-response.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: North Korea Expels Nuclear Inspectors After Leaving Six-Party Talks
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »
Don't hold your breath.

They fired the missile and the world did nothing to stop it.  Now, the world is doing nothing to stop this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
Don't hold your breath.

They fired the missile and the world did nothing to stop it.  Now, the world is doing nothing to stop this.

You know...I had no idea that when I shut my alarm off this morning that I'd travelled back in time to 1996.   :thatsright:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »
You know...I had no idea that when I shut my alarm off this morning that I'd travelled back in time to 1996.   :thatsright:

1996 with added pirate goodness - It's amazing the love and peace Barry brought to us. HailBama!  :fuelfire:

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 08:12:46 AM »

Next time hit the snooze button instead of the time travel button.

I know the new VRWC alarm clocks are tricky when you first get them. I had a problem with mine the first couple weeks too.

Does anyone know how to get a Sleestak out of your garage?