Author Topic: From our friend, Chris Cillizza.........but it's a problem isn't it?? Nancy's ha  (Read 912 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100214011981

a kennedy (20,412 posts)

From our friend, Chris Cillizza.........but it's a problem isn't it?? Nancy's hair appt??

Nancy Pelosi is one of the -- if not the -- smartest political strategists in the Democratic Party. As such, she knows that appearances matter in politics. A lot. Which is why her decision to have her hair done indoors at a shop in San Francisco makes so little sense.

In security footage obtained by Fox News, Pelosi is shown inside the salon without a mask. Fox also reported that the owner of the salon, Erica Kious, was angry that Pelosi had been allowed to violate the rules put in place during the coronavirus pandemic that mandates haircuts can only be given outside. Kious said it was "a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can't work.“

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/politics/nancy-pelosi-donald-trump-hairdresser/index.html

JI7 (78,585 posts)

1. **** him

50 Shades Of Blue (5,451 posts)

3. I don't get why it's the owner of the salon who's complaining. Who let Nancy in then?

Either they didn't read the article, or CNN isn't reporting the whole thing as to WHY Nancy could get let in and the owner not know it.  Either option is highly probable, but I'll let the DUmmies figure that out on their own.

Well, it looks like Brooklynite found the answer for them ...

brooklynite (63,298 posts)

26. Answer: The owner makes space available to independent contractors...

One of them (perhaps not knowing the rules) invites Pelosi into the salon.

The owner is responsible for the violation and is fined/closed down.

He's one of the VERY few over there who realizes what a problem this is going to be.

6. Yes, it IS a problem...

If Democrats are going to advocate for responsible, science-based rules on dealing with COVID, then they need to abide by them. The City of San Francisco allows salons to operate only outdoors.

jayfish (8,336 posts)

14. Agree.

This incident will be in the RW "whataboutism" lexicon for all time and they would be right.

Raine (25,254 posts)

21. Totally agree

when you tell others to follow rules you need to follow them too otherwise it looks like you're a hypocrite who thinks you're better then others.

USALiberal (5,792 posts)

22. I 100% agree, if GOPer did this we would have 10 posts about it. nt

DFW (38,943 posts)

8. Cillizza is a paid Republican hack

He has been for many years. He isn‘t about to change now, since the DNC isn‘t going to offer him money to get suddenly reasonable or objective.

jayfish (8,336 posts)

20. Did Nancy Pelosi Break The Rules or Not?

If it had been Rachel Maddow who reported on it, would it have made it better?

NoMoreRepugs (3,995 posts)

9. Security for the HIGHEST ranking female legislator in the USA may have had something to do with it.

Bullshit excuse.   The DUmmies all claim those who don't want to wear a mask should be given curb service at a HIGHER RATE for punishment.

17. ...in which case, have the stylist come to HER office or home...

...or have the work done in a city that allows it.

Boom!

GusBob (6,019 posts)

12. Never fails, it must be an election coming up

we must, must eat our own

jayfish (8,336 posts)

18. How About If "Our Own" Stop Putting Us...

in a position that forces us, if we're being sincere, to "eat" them. It's really no different than Trump saying he's always been an advocate for wearing masks then consistently not wearing one and not forcing those around him to wear one.

Boom!!

Hekate (62,829 posts)

25. The plot thickens, but the salon owner sure won't have to worry about the Speaker of the House ...

...darkening her door ever again. So much for keeping her business local — there are plenty of hairdressers in DC.

As Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi is next in line to the POTUS, and she gets an equivalent federal security detail, iirc. What do you want to bet her security guys said it probably would not be all that safe for her to have her hair done in the parking lot, sidewalk, or other outdoor location? That certainly might have had something to do with it being indoors.

My gods.

So DU, what was YOUR favorite part of the Nancy Pelosi interview after this all came out?  Mine was when she sprinted to her car and had no comment!   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Hekate (62,829 posts)

25. The plot thickens, but the salon owner sure won't have to worry about the Speaker of the House ...

...darkening her door ever again. So much for keeping her business local — there are plenty of hairdressers in DC.

As Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi is next in line to the POTUS, and she gets an equivalent federal security detail, iirc. What do you want to bet her security guys said it probably would not be all that safe for her to have her hair done in the parking lot, sidewalk, or other outdoor location? That certainly might have had something to do with it being indoors.

My gods.

After reading this post again, it pisses me off!  Here this person is saying that she should just take her business to DC and screw spending local. Talk about completely missing the POINT!  Dammit, that's all these people (the business owners) are asking for.  Give them the right to open THEIR business to earn their living and this DUmbass is talking about how she could just take her business elsewhere.  I'm sure all of the people who live in SF have the ability to just hop a jet to DC to get their hair cut!

The more I read that post the madder it makes me.  Queen Nancy has a RIGHT to get her hair cut, but screw the rest of the population and the business owners, that's what I'm reading.

Buncha losers.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Nevilledog (8,953 posts)

29. How true this is

Eric Boehlert
@EricBoehlert

when you look around the state of the country today and think a hair salon visit is the day’s top story

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry
Quote Tweet

CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics
 · 1h
Nancy Pelosi just handed Trump a campaign gift | Analysis by CNN's Chris Cillizza https://cnn.it/2EXYUDe
12:21 PM · Sep 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Ok, here's another one full of bullshit.  It hasn't been that long ago the woman here in Texas opened her beauty shop and the DUmmies were calling for her HEAD!  She was arrested and finally let loose by order of the Governor.  The DUmmies bemoaned that decision for a few weeks.  Now, it's no big deal?!

KC

*Stolen

Offline Karin

All of the Dem Diktators are doing it.  Michelle Grisham of NM had a jewelry store opened for her.  Gretchen Whitmer attempted to have her husband launch a boat.  Ugly Lori Lightfoot had her hair done.  I know there's more. 

Offline Delmar

Response to 50 Shades Of Blue (Reply #3)Wed Sep 2, 2020, 01:35 PM
The empressof all (28,761 posts)
11. Sounds like she should have her licensed looked at

Or perhaps a fine? I don't know what the parameters of the Covid rules are in California.

Erica Kious, the salon owner, had better brace herself for the Joe the plumber treatment.

The rules that the proletariat have to follow don't apply to important people like Pelosi.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

JI7 (78,585 posts)

1. **** him
Greybnk48 (8,431 posts)

41. Friend? **** Cillizza and anyone else who disses speaker Pelosi.

She’s one of the people saving our country! **** him and his gossip rag reporting.
BannonsLiver (9,828 posts)

27. A couple of things

1. Chris Cillizza is a pig.
That's it.  Shoot the messenger

GusBob (6,019 posts)

12. Never fails, it must be an election coming up

we must, must eat our own

how does it taste?

Midnight Writer (7,451 posts)

37. 180,000 dead Americans? Let's find a picture of a Democrat being careless and blame them!

It's exposing the hypocrisy of the left and fallacies of the dempanic they are politicizing this election year

The empressof all (28,761 posts)

11. Sounds like she should have her licensed looked at

Or perhaps a fine? I don't know what the parameters of the Covid rules are in California.

That's quite a nice hair salon you have there.  It would be a shame if something happened to it especially if the owner doesn't know how to keep her big mouth shut about the pelosi incident...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:48:43 PM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
All of the Dem Diktators are doing it.  Michelle Grisham of NM had a jewelry store opened for her.  Gretchen Whitmer attempted to have her husband launch a boat.  Ugly Lori Lightfoot had her hair done.  I know there's more.

The mayor of Philadelphia (where indoor dinning is not allowed) went to a restaurant in Maryland, ate indoors without a mask. Got busted
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
The primitives have spend the last 20 years on the island complaining about how the rich and privileged make rules and then don't follow them (be it individuals or corporations), yet expect the serfs to do so. And now Nancy comes along and does exactly the very type of thing they've complained about for so long and they defend her. Point it out to them and they deny what's right in front of their face.

Liberals have always been vengeful when things don't go their way. The modern-day left very well could surpass the slaughter caused by Hitler, Stalin, Mao. and Pol Pot combined, and all in the name of making the world a better place and peaceful. Groups like antifa and blm have made it very clear they have no issues killing anyone who disagrees with them. By supporting them either directly or by not completely distancing themselves from them, the Dems demonstrate they are more than willing to go down that road. I keep hoping history won't repeat itself when it comes to the evil the liberals embrace, and that it can be stopped without blood shed, but it seems that destiny is meant to play out over and over again.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
The pathetic piece of shit is now claiming it was "clearly a setup"

**** you scrunt.

Offline Delmar

**** you scrunt.

Nancy Pelosi Mounts Marion Barry Defense: The Bitch Set Me Up
Claim: NANCY PELOSI PAINTS TARGET ON SALON OWNER'S HEAD, AND LEFTISTS BEGIN SENDING DEATH-THREATS
WaPo "Fact" Checker... Blames Trump
—Ace
http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=389972
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

**** you scrunt.

1. Pelosi called the hairdresser and set up the appointment, not the salon owner.

2. The hair dresser who did Pelosi's hair is not the salon owner nor an employee of the salon owner. The hairdresser rents space from the salon.

3. Indoor professional hair cutting and care has been against Goobernor Nuisance's and the regional shutdown since mid March. Pelosi cannot truthfully or credibly claim she did not know she was violating the shutdown.

4. Businesses have had security cameras monitoring their premises 24x7x52 for decades. Pelosi cannot truthfully or credibly claim she did not know she was recorded by one or more cameras.

Add it all together, and it's clear that Miss Nancy played her Elite Card, got called out for it, and now is whining, "I shouldn't have got caught and exposed!"

Just like Michigan Goobernor Whitmer got caught and called out.

Just like Chicago Mayor Lightfoot got caught and called out.

Just like :doh: Mayor of Philadelphia got caught and called out.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:15:42 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

1. Pelosi called the hairdresser and set up the appointment, not the salon owner.

2. The hair dresser who did Pelosi's hair is not the salon owner nor an employee of the salon owner. The hairdresser rents space from the salon.

3. Indoor professional hair cutting and care has been against Goobernor Nuisance's and the regional shutdown since mid March. Pelosi cannot truthfully or credibly claim she did not know she was violating the shutdown.

4. Businesses have had security cameras monitoring their premises 24x7x52 for decades. Pelosi cannot truthfully or credibly claim she did not know she was recorded by one or more cameras.

Add it all together, and it's clear that Miss Nancy played her Elite Card, got called out for it, and now is whining, "I shouldn't have got caught and exposed!"

Just like Michigan Goobernor Whiymer got caught and called out.

Just like Chicago Mayor Lightfoot got caught and called out.

Just like :doh: Mayor of Philadelphia got caught and called out.

Chris Christie as well so it is the elite on both sides.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

Chris Christie as well so it is the elite on both sides.

Hadn't heard of that. Leets gotta leet, I guess. What elitist idiocy did he do?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

Hadn't heard of that. Leets gotta leet, I guess. What elitist idiocy did he do?

Closed all the beaches but he and his family went anyway and were photographed being the only folks on the beach.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer