Author Topic: Stopped by two gun stores today.  (Read 1762 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Stopped by two gun stores today.
« on: September 01, 2020, 07:21:50 PM »
Star Member doc03 (25,207 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214008440

Stopped by two gun stores today. One had no pistol ammunition except for a few
boxes of unpopular calibers. The other one was the same except they had just got in what looked like about 50 boxes of
50 rounds each of two brands of 9mm ammo. That would be about 5000 rounds. There was a guy buying 10 boxes while I was there.
I checked back in about two hours later and there was a total of 9 boxes left. They do have a good supply of military style weapons in stock though. People are f---g nuts.

Star Member Nevilledog (8,855 posts)

1. No ammo!! See, that's what will happen if Biden wins. Oh, wait.........

NickB79 (15,369 posts)

5. Everywhere in MN has been wiped out since the riots

Trying to find any 5.56mm for an AR-15, most handgun calibers, or even .22 rimfire for squirrel hunting is quite the trick. Lots of shotgun ammo for ducks and grouse, but no buckshot home defense loads.

7. I have noticed there are no .410 shot shells, they need those for their

Judge pistols.

StClone (8,384 posts)

16. Never addressing the Root of the problem

Just dangerous dumb ass quick solutions. Really, sometimes I wonder where this is all going and believe it is not good.

Star Member Hoyt (45,015 posts)

17. Machetes are available.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Stopped by two gun stores today.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 07:37:20 PM »
Machetes?   :whatever:

If someone shows up with a compound bow everyone should be worried until you know what side they’re on, then just half of you need to be worried.

KC
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:16:58 AM by Texacon »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 07:39:28 PM »
As I have said before, friends of mine used to scoff at my ammo supply. Well they aren't doing that anymore.  Plus my supply is 1/3-1/2 the price of today.

Also, even I thought i had enough until the democrat scamdemic and political terror. Now I think I might have 6 months worth.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »
As I have said before, friends of mine used to scoff at my ammo supply. Well they aren't doing that anymore.  Plus my supply is 1/3-1/2 the price of today.

Also, even I thought i had enough until the democrat scamdemic and political terror. Now I think I might have 6 months worth.

Yeah, I have quite a lot of ammo, but I wish I had more.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 07:46:28 PM »
I'm good.  Once the last ammo drought ended, over a couple of years I built up my supply from bulk sale bargains and gun shows, so I don't have to worry about outages.  A supply of 'Emergency War Reserve' of a certain size for every caliber (Rifle, pistol, and shotgun) that I use, and a smaller but substantial pile of 'Shooting ammo' for hunting, practice, and general screwing around.  All of it's loaded on a boat of course, I just hope I don't have to have a totally-unforeseen accident on the river... 

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 07:51:58 PM »
Think it through imbeciles.

Sane people are sick of your shit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »
Biden, Kammy, and Prog-thugs are excellent gun and ammo sales people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 09:09:41 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214008440

Stopped by two gun stores today. One had no pistol ammunition except for a few
boxes of unpopular calibers.
The other one was the same except they had just got in what looked like about 50 boxes of
50 rounds each of two brands of 9mm ammo. That would be about 5000 rounds. There was a guy buying 10 boxes while I was there.
I checked back in about two hours later and there was a total of 9 boxes left. They do have a good supply of military style weapons in stock though. People are f---g nuts.

Exactly what are the "unpopular" calibers?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 09:13:35 PM »

The ones that cannot get dates on Friday night.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »

Piker
 :-) :-) :-) :-)
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 10:03:01 AM »
I've got a pistol that takes a 9x18 Russian mac round. Never had a problem finding it. Usually hiding behind the counter under a stack of news papers discussing the 70s gas embargo
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 10:10:29 AM »
I've got a pistol that takes a 9x18 Russian mac round. Never had a problem finding it. Usually hiding behind the counter under a stack of news papers discussing the 70s gas embargo

Probably a very dirty corrosive round. I bet cleaning is critical after a few hours on the range.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 10:18:32 AM »
Probably a very dirty corrosive round. I bet cleaning is critical after a few hours on the range.
Looks like a tiny revolutionary war cannon at night. It gets cleaned as soon as I'm done with it.  The gun itself is a Hungarian police pistol. Heck of a balance with that aluminum frame

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »
Looks like a tiny revolutionary war cannon at night. It gets cleaned as soon as I'm done with it.  The gun itself is a Hungarian police pistol. Heck of a balance with that aluminum frame

I bet even Wolf ammo would be a step up!  :cheersmate:

I can honestly say I have never seen a 9X18.

Are they Berdan or Boxer primed?  Is reloading an option?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »

I honestly hadn't felt the need to reload it, ive always been able to find the rounds fairly cheap. Being Russian you could mix some gunpowder with roofing tar and still be effective. Kind of off topic, but has bersa quit exporting? That would be ideal for my wife's cc permit needs

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 12:49:13 PM »

Fiocchi ammo has a lot of odd ball rounds. 9mm Makorov is one of them.
https://fiocchiusa.com
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 03:38:30 PM »

Most of it is Berdan.  On the bright side, it was designed to be a top-end blowback pistol round, just enough lighter than 9x19 to not need a recoil system, so cleaning is easy.  I bought a box of it because it was cheaper than a chamber gauge, I inherited a Czech Frommer Stop supposedly in .380, but the chamber wa 'way too deep for real 9x17.  No idea where Pops got it, he was quite a trader and collector of obbball Euro stuff in his day, wish I still had a couple of pieces I traded on to others years ago (Nothing sexy like Lugers, though, for some reason he was not a fan of full-power autos, more of a rifle guy).

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »
Most of it is Berdan.  On the bright side, it was designed to be a top-end blowback pistol round, just enough lighter than 9x19 to not need a recoil system, so cleaning is easy.  I bought a box of it because it was cheaper than a chamber gauge, I inherited a Czech Frommer Stop supposedly in .380, but the chamber wa 'way too deep for real 9x17.  No idea where Pops got it, he was quite a trader and collector of obbball Euro stuff in his day, wish I still had a couple of pieces I traded on to others years ago (Nothing sexy like Lugers, though, for some reason he was not a fan of full-power autos, more of a rifle guy).
If you all want to see pics of this thing, I'd be happy to share. Just want to make sure its not breaking any rules

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 04:31:15 PM »
If you all want to see pics of this thing, I'd be happy to share. Just want to make sure its not breaking any rules

Gun pron?  Yea! if it is not against the rules as you say. :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »
Boom: 5M new gun owners, with 58% black and 40% women

Gun sales have exploded this year with the help of millions of first-time shooters, according to the industry’s trade group.

There are 5 million new gun owners, and many are minorities, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

The group said that its surveys of gun stores found that 58% of the firearm purchases were by black men and women, “the largest increase of any demographic group.”

What’s more, said the group, “women comprised 40% of first-time gun purchasers.”

Gun store owners this year have attributed the jump in sales to the 2020 election and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's call for a gun ban, fears related to the coronavirus crisis, and ongoing Black Lives Matter-related riots and killings in cities.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/boom-five-million-new-gun-owners-58-black-40-women

These aren't the Antifa and BLM thugs buying these guns. Quite the contrary, these are people arming themselves against the Democrat backed thugs.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 06:43:23 PM »

It's okay, I subscribe to Firearms News, so I expect I've seen them in the past when they came up as C&R/Surplus guns.  None of the other 9x18s have quite the looks as an actual Makarov, but they are all about the same size and do pretty much the same thing.  Except the Stechkin, which is a whole other entirely different thing.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 07:24:41 PM »
I'm good.  Once the last ammo drought ended, over a couple of years I built up my supply from bulk sale bargains and gun shows, so I don't have to worry about outages.  A supply of 'Emergency War Reserve' of a certain size for every caliber (Rifle, pistol, and shotgun) that I use, and a smaller but substantial pile of 'Shooting ammo' for hunting, practice, and general screwing around.  All of it's loaded on a boat of course, I just hope I don't have to have a totally-unforeseen accident on the river... 

:rotf:

same here. i had enough ammo to survive obama without issue, then re-stocked over the past few years. im real tempted right now to go on a sell-off and triple my money. it's hard not to.

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2020, 07:58:25 PM »
It's okay, I subscribe to Firearms News, so I expect I've seen them in the past when they came up as C&R/Surplus guns.  None of the other 9x18s have quite the looks as an actual Makarov, but they are all about the same size and do pretty much the same thing.  Except the Stechkin, which is a whole other entirely different thing.
Darn it, now I'm going to have to research a stechkin. Mines a FEG, its got some weird stuff with it but it does what it does

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2020, 08:45:10 PM »
Darn it, now I'm going to have to research a stechkin. Mines a FEG, its got some weird stuff with it but it does what it does

They're unobtainable, it's a selective fire (Semi/full-auto) large-frame pistol in 9x18, kinda like the HK VP70, meant to be fired with an attached holster-stock when in full auto.  Except I know you had to have the stock attached for a VP70 to fire full auto (There was a mechanical linkage the attached stock triggered), but I'm not sure the Stechkin actually had to have the stock attached to go full auto (You'd be kinda nuts not to, but Russian...).

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2020, 09:41:33 PM »
same here. i had enough ammo to survive obama without issue, then re-stocked over the past few years. im real tempted right now to go on a sell-off and triple my money. it's hard not to.

In addition to the ammo I have stockpiled I also purchased a bakers dozen of 80% lowers. They are good as gold in my state as you are no longer able to purchase them but these are grandfathered. Best part is no serial number needed.

Lowers and jigs etc. purchased here.
https://www.ar-15lowerreceivers.com/
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member