Author Topic: Some good new from Sweden, we have not had a COVID-19 death for 7 days now  (Read 525 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://democraticunderground.com/100214002169

This will most likely drop like a rock ...

Celerity (13,256 posts)

Some good new from Sweden, we have not had a COVID-19 death for 7 days now

This is official government data from Folkhälsomyndigheten, our state health agency

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa/page/page_0/

We still have had zero deaths from COVID-19 amongst schoolchildren (our schools never shut down except for some high schools and most universities)

We have had one death, months ago, of a 4 year old with multiple comorbidities

Zero deaths from 5 to 19 years of age since the beginning

10 deaths total 20-29yo

16 deaths total 30-39yo

so 27 total deaths for the entire duration pandemic for the lower half, age wise, of the population (which is around 5 million people)

around 99% of the deaths were 50 years of age or older

96% of deaths were 60 years of age or older

90% were 70 years old or older

almost 70% were 80 years old or older

26% were 90 years old or older

Still no lock-downs the whole time and I still see almost zero people with masks, literally I would say 1 in 500 to 1000, and so many days I see none as I go around the city. All our friends confirm this, and that is all over Sweden, not just Stockholm. We (my wife and I) are still in the antibody and t-cell count immunity study and so far no drop in either, and it has been almost 5 months now since we were infected (with zero symptoms.)

Also, contrary to a lot of disnfo that I see pushed (especially in the US news) our economy contacted far less than the EU overall (the EU contracted 40% more, and multiple nations contracted close to, or more than double ours), and we are on track to go back to positive growth by Q1 or Q2 2021. The vast majority of our contraction came from a drop in exports, mainly from the supply chain for raw materials freezing up, and also from external demand from other countries diminishing.

Wonder what kind of witchcraft they're using in Sweden?   ::)

Just a couple of responses right now and I don't think it will be allowed to grow.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Well now, what do we have here?

Celerity (13,258 posts)

9. we completely cocked-up the elderly care homes and scattered site housing pandemic control

The vast majority of the deaths (some studies and healthcare professionals say as high as 70%, and this is another area of raging internal debate) occurred in those arenas. The reasons are complex, but we have a much less strict regime of eldercare visitation and worker inflow/outflow than the other Nordics do, plus our elderly care workers are simply of an overall lower calibre than Norway, Denmark, and Finland have. We have haemorrhaged so many nurses, doctors, and higher-level heath workers to Denmark and Norway, as they pay (especially Norway) a lot more. We are spending a shedload of extra money on other social issues, ones that the other Nordics do not have to deal with in such large degrees. It is very much a point of massive internal conflict here, and the very subject of immigration is extremely sensitive and volatile here. The other Nordics are far less welcoming, and far more draconian, especially Denmark. None of the Nordics have the right balance IMHO, but Sweden has by far the most potential damaging issues.

The virus also hit those very same immigrant/refugee areas much harder (mainly due to cultural/economic reasons such as far higher 'big family all living together under one roof' rates, etc etc) than in the other Nordics. Again, we have a far higher number (both as a % and in terms of absolute numbers) of refugees and 1st/2nd generation immigrants than the other Nordics do. In the past 20 or so years, we have taken in the US population-adjusted equivalent of over 50 million refugees. Also, our government (as delineated by our instrument of government, ie. our 'constitution') has far less sweeping powers when it comes to the healthcare system and pandemic control than any of the other Nordics do.

That's some interesting reading right there.  WHY is this poster posting at DU?  Sounds like the problem has been pointed out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Well now, what do we have here?

That's some interesting reading right there.  WHY is this poster posting at DU?  Sounds like the problem has been pointed out.

KC

Some professional grade concern trolling right there.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

By Worldometers, today, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ , Sweden had 5 "new" deaths. And while looking at that Worldometer webpage, it's noteworthy that Sweden's 574 deaths per million population is slightly higher than the US' rate of 566. UK's is 611; France 469; Italy 587; Belgium 853; Netherlands 363; Ireland 359.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
By Worldometers, today, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ , Sweden had 5 "new" deaths. And while looking at that Worldometer webpage, it's noteworthy that Sweden's 574 deaths per million population is slightly higher than the US' rate of 566. UK's is 611; France 469; Italy 587; Belgium 853; Netherlands 363; Ireland 359.

All without closing their country down.  It appears the only thing that hurt their economy was all the other countries shutting down their economies.  Sad.

KC

*Stolen