Author Topic: BREAKING: Beware of the peculiar new apparatus called this Electoral College  (Read 732 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat Aug 29, 2020, 10:24 PM
EndlessWire (1,077 posts)

The Electoral College

We are called upon to multitask like crazy this year. We don't dare to neglect anything that even might hint at getting rid of Donald Trump.

First, we have to turn out and vote. Every. last. one. of. us. If we don't make a massive effort, we will not see the picture that we need to clarify what is happening to us.

But, it's not enough. Even though we might prevail to the tune of millions and millions of popular votes, the only thing that matters is the Electoral College. Those selected members of the EC are who really elect our next President. So, while all this maelstrom of events, verbiage, violence, and general nastiness is happening to us, the only thing that matters is this Electoral College, and what they are going to do.

Some states made laws that will now prevent the Electors from changing how they vote from the will of the people to their own beliefs. There are penalties that they can suffer. Sure. But, I have heard that the States, might consider replacing all the Electors with people that will vote for Trump. So, even though we might have literally millions and millions of votes over and above for Joe Biden, the EC can still deliver the election to Trump. Those EC votes are crucial.

A lot depends on their will for bravery and duty. I remember praying that some of them would deliver us from Trump, but they didn't. There were only one or two "faithless" Electors. The rest fell in line, and there is not a deep argument that they should not have voted how their population wanted them to, only that they held the election in their hands.

I do not think that Trump will leave, certainly not in a straight forward "I lost" kind of way. He's gonna do a scam. We have to be ready with Plan B.

This could get ugly. Don't be distracted by all this sh*t happening. Plan A is to vote with all your heart and soul. Plan B is going to end up being marching in the streets. Get ready.

If we wake up the day after with Biden as President, it will all be a big joke. But, so far what we've seen is not. This is not normal. Donald Trump is a dictator who is not going to give up unless we make him.

That's why it's awfully useful to have the General making the statement to Trump that they are NOT going to help him. It's a statement to us, as well. Why would a military chief feel it necessary to inform the public that the military will not participate? We can't be the only ones worried about this?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213995322

The primitive prayed that the electors would deliver us from Trump...but they didn't.  Sad.

It's like they believe that Putin snuck the language creating the electoral college into our constitution.

Referring to it as "this Electoral College" like it's some kind of strange, alien thing.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Dear "EndlessWire " retard, beware of the real American that will not tolerate your BS.  Coming soon if you insist.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Dear "EndlessWire " retard, beware of the real American that will not tolerate your BS.  Coming soon if you insist.

I'm afraid "coming soon" is already here..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I seem to remember a lot of wailing and gnashing off teeth in DUmmieland when there were a few faithless electors when Obama was elected. Now, evidently, it’s the right thing to do.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

The Electoral College is who actually elect a President? No shit, Sherlock! You should have learned that no later than the 8th Grade in elementary school. The question the Dems and other fellow-traveler Progs should have been screaming at HilLIARy is how and why a lawyer could ignore a fact that basic in her campaign travel strategy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

There were only one or two "faithless" Electors. The rest fell in line, and there is not a deep argument that they should not have voted how their population wanted them to, only that they held the election in their hands.

There were seven faithless electors. The Bitch that was schlonged, lost 5 votes, while President Trump lost 2. Even when trying to cheat, Democrats often fail.

Offline Rufus2010

Sat Aug 29, 2020, 10:24 PM
EndlessWire (1,077 posts)

The Electoral College

We are called upon to multitask like crazy this year. We don't dare to neglect anything that even might hint at getting rid of Donald Trump.

First, we have to turn out and vote. Every. last. one. of. us. If we don't make a massive effort, we will not see the picture that we need to clarify what is happening to us.

But, it's not enough. Even though we might prevail to the tune of millions and millions of popular votes, the only thing that matters is the Electoral College. Those selected members of the EC are who really elect our next President. So, while all this maelstrom of events, verbiage, violence, and general nastiness is happening to us, the only thing that matters is this Electoral College, and what they are going to do.

Some states made laws that will now prevent the Electors from changing how they vote from the will of the people to their own beliefs. There are penalties that they can suffer. Sure. But, I have heard that the States, might consider replacing all the Electors with people that will vote for Trump. So, even though we might have literally millions and millions of votes over and above for Joe Biden, the EC can still deliver the election to Trump. Those EC votes are crucial.

A lot depends on their will for bravery and duty. I remember praying that some of them would deliver us from Trump, but they didn't. There were only one or two "faithless" Electors. The rest fell in line, and there is not a deep argument that they should not have voted how their population wanted them to, only that they held the election in their hands.

I do not think that Trump will leave, certainly not in a straight forward "I lost" kind of way. He's gonna do a scam. We have to be ready with Plan B.

This could get ugly. Don't be distracted by all this sh*t happening. Plan A is to vote with all your heart and soul. Plan B is going to end up being marching in the streets. Get ready.

If we wake up the day after with Biden as President, it will all be a big joke. But, so far what we've seen is not. This is not normal. Donald Trump is a dictator who is not going to give up unless we make him.

That's why it's awfully useful to have the General making the statement to Trump that they are NOT going to help him. It's a statement to us, as well. Why would a military chief feel it necessary to inform the public that the military will not participate? We can't be the only ones worried about this?

:yawn:

Offline hillneck

Funny how the supposedly smartest people on the interweb still don’t understand basic civics.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Some states made laws that will now prevent the Electors from changing how they vote from the will of the people to their own beliefs.
Are these the laws that say that the state's electoral votes must going to the winner of the national popular vote?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: BREAKING: Beware of the peculiar new apparatus called this Electoral College
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »
The primitives fail to remember the concept of "tyranny of the majority".....unless it affects them.
apres moi, le deluge