Author Topic: Attorneys representing Kyle Rittenhouse say he was wrongfully charged after 'act  (Read 594 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
sl8 (5,985 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213991428

Attorneys representing Kyle Rittenhouse say he was wrongfully charged after 'acting in self-defense'

just a link to the article in the OP... really just for the responses...

Star Member StarfishSaver (10,229 posts)

1. Funny how white men with guns are so often terrified that unarmed people will hurt them

that they end up shooting and killing them "in self-defense."

These guys seem to be too fragile, even with their big guns, to function in normal society.

Maybe they should just stay at home in their mothers' basements where they'll be safe from harm.

Unarmed?  :bs:

Star Member 5X (3,320 posts)

2. I'll bet they will get away with this.

They will eventually get the charges dropped to the illegal weapon.

How is it an illegal weapon? Oh, I forgot... DUmpmonkiez don't need facts and reality... it's how they feel...

Star Member Generic Other (26,349 posts)

3. He was wildly discharging his gun

He shot randomly. That's what I saw.

You obviously did watch the video. He engages targets that were a threat. He hit them all.

:whatever:

Amishman (2,785 posts)

8. I disagree

He fired seven shots (there are other gunshots on the videos that aren't his).

Four were at his first victim at extremely close range. The first victim had been chasing him and had tried throwing something at him. Not random.

There is a gap of the second pursuit

The fifth shot was at the man who was leaping to disarm him. He missed.

The sixth was at the skateboarder who was also attempting to disarm him. He fatally shot this victim in the chest.

The seventh shot was at a man who as also attempting to stop him. He took off a significant part of the man's arm.

There will be a ton of debate on if these were self defense, or if his presence there even allows a self defense argument - but the shots were not random.

We are headed towards a Martin / Zimmerman esque mess over who is the aggressor, who is allowed to use lethal force, and when. This is going to be extremely ugly and muddled.

Star Member Yavin4 (30,129 posts)

13. Using your logic, a mass shooter at a school is just defending himself from being subdued.

Right? Why can't a kid walk into a school with an automatic weapon and when people try to take it away from him, oh, I was just defending myself.

:thatsright:

Star Member Yavin4 (30,129 posts)

21. "In the school shooter scenario they is zero chance their first attack is considered self defense."

How so? Go to the :27 time mark of the Kenosha shooter below. The people in the crowd have no idea that he's an "honest" citizen or a mass shooter. How would anyone know? They instruct people to try and subdue a mass shooter.

:bs:

beachbumbob (5,669 posts)

4. lol, the kid had no legal right to even have the AR in his possenssion in Wisconsin OR Illinois

- there are weapons charges need to be filed
- need to have charges against his parents as well
- WTF is Gov Evers doing here? I would have all this turned over to State Police and STate AG office with charges against the Kenosha police chief and police dept coming, especially IF and coordination between police and the "militia" as in conspiracy to commit murder

Star Member Baitball Blogger (35,777 posts)

12. This is what happens when conservatives control the police

and criminal justice system. They can set the facts at the beginning, making it sound innocuous. While minorities get the full force of their ire and prejudices.

Buckeyeblue (2,396 posts)

6. I think they are making a big mistake with this defense

It appeals to the moment. Not to the long term reality of the national situation. I would argue that he was manipulated by a lifetime of racist dogma and extreme far right conspiracy theories. Essentially he was brainwashed. Given his age. If he struggled in school it would even be better.

I think in a year to a year in a half such a defense would find sympathy.

SO, you feel he should get the death penalty because the people are mad rather than to what the law says?

Amishman (2,785 posts)

9. He is receiving massive legal assistance from right-wingers

That assistance would vanish if they took that strategy.

Plus that angle might be a better months from now at either sentencing or appeal, when this plan fails. More convincing that way, doing a 180 in political philosophy in only a few days and claiming you were brainwashed will not sound sincere.

because people are ****ing sick and tired of all the bullshit from the left when you try to railroad some one with your 'feelz' rather than the facts of the case.

GusBob (5,987 posts)

10. Not a legal expert but I think it boils down to this

Is it self defense to disarm someone who is shooting at you or who has shot other people to death?

Aka: self defense of whom? The survivor will testify he was trying to stop the suspect

The suspect was also a criminal illegally armed

If the survivor testifies to such, it seems to me the only way to counter that testimony is to have the kid take the stand to claim he was in fear of his life

I dont think his lawyer wants that little shit on the stand

the survivor put out on social media he wanted to kill the kid.

the 'victim' pointed a handgun at the 'murderer'... and got shot for it.

Grosskreutz is part of the People’s Revolution Movement of Milwaukee, a social justice group.

Gaige Grosskreutz has a criminal record a mile long. He’s a convicted felon, multiple violent offenses & not allowed to possess a weapon yet had a firearm pointed at Kyle Rittenhouse when he was shot in the arm.

Rosenbaum was convicted of sexual conduct with a minor in 2002, according to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections sex offender registry.
Rosenbaum also had two open cases in Kenosha: one on bail jumping and another on battery, two counts of domestic abuse and disorderly conduct, according to court records.

Anthony Huber, 26, then leaps onto Rittenhouse and strikes him with a skateboard with one hand and reaches out with another, the video shows.

“Huber appears to be trying to grab the gun,” the complaint states. “The defendant then fires one round which can be heard on the video.”

Huber was shot in the chest, killing him, according to the complaint.

In 2012, Huber was found guilty of felonious strangulation, two counts of domestic abuse, false imprisonment and use of a dangerous weapon, records show. Huber was again found guilty in 2018, this time of disorderly conduct, domestic abuse and repeat offender charges, according to online documents.

Grosskreutz was found guilty in 2016 of carrying a firearm while intoxicated

After Rosenbaum was shot, a mob chased Rittenhouse down a street. One of the pursuers was Anthony Huber, who hit Rittenhouse with his skateboard and, police say, tried taking Rittenhouse's rifle away — at which point Rittenhouse fired a fatal shot at Huber's chest.

Also in the thick of the chase was Grosskreutz who was seen in video screenshots and photographs seeming to point a handgun at Rittenhouse

The screenshot of the comment reads, "I just talked to Gaige Grosskreutz too" and "his only regret is not killing the kid and hesitating to pull the gun before emptying the entire mag into him." The alleged comment also reads that "the kid shot Gaige as he drew his weapon and Gaige retreated with his gun in hand."

11. I don't know if that's the true story. Sounds like they're

trying to white-wash facts that will show his culpability in other offenses. Where did Rittenhouse live? They say that it was in Antioch, Illinois, south of the border. Does he have another address for the AK-47?

How did he get to Wisconsin? Does he have his own car?

Star Member yardwork (51,155 posts)

20. If he was black he would have been shot dead at the scene by police.

This is fundamental. Don't forget it.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

12. This is what happens when conservatives control the police

and criminal justice system. They can set the facts at the beginning, making it sound innocuous.
Good job, idiot. You managed to get the analysis exactly backwards. This increasingly appears to be a case of charges being filed because of the (unjustified) outrage. One of the key witnesses wasn't even in the area.

11. I don't know if that's the true story. Sounds like they're

trying to white-wash facts that will show his culpability in other offenses. Where did Rittenhouse live? They say that it was in Antioch, Illinois, south of the border. Does he have another address for the AK-47?

How did he get to Wisconsin? Does he have his own car?
He works in Kenosha. The facts coming out are destroying the let's narrative.

Star Member StarfishSaver (10,229 posts)

1. Funny how white men with guns are so often terrified that unarmed people will hurt them

that they end up shooting and killing them "in self-defense."

These guys seem to be too fragile, even with their big guns, to function in normal society.

Maybe they should just stay at home in their mothers' basements where they'll be safe from harm.
1. Some of Rittenhouse's assailants were armed.

2. The people who side with arsonists, looters, and vandals have no business criticizing others for feeling intimidated. Intimidation is in fact the goal of people like the ones Rittenhouse shot.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:49:26 AM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
'Shoot me, n*****': White BLM protester shot dead by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha was filmed moments before taunting armed men with the N-word
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8676665/Man-shot-dead-BLM-protests-seen-video-taunting-armed-men-saying-Shoot-n.html

One of the two protesters fatally shot in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday night by a 17-year-old vigilante gunman from Illinois was filmed taunting a group of armed individuals moments before he was killed.

‘Shoot me, n*****,’ 36-year-old Kenosha resident Joseph Rosenbaum is heard saying in the video in which he is seen confronting several armed men during the unrest that followed last Sunday's police shooting of 29-year-old black man Jacob Blake.

One of the armed men wearing a black baseball cap and what appears to be tactical gear on his body then turns around and takes a few steps toward Rosenbaum. He then walks past Rosenbaum without incident.

Joseph Rosenbaum called some armed men the n-word. The armed men are a diverse group from the video. Talk about racism running rampant on the left!  :mad: :censored: :mental:

Attorneys representing Rittenhouse have said he acted to defend himself.

Kenosha County prosecutors said in court records this week that Rosenbaum was the first person Rittenhouse shot at around 11:45pm on Tuesday.

Prosecutors said Rosenbaum followed Rittenhouse into a used car lot, where he threw a plastic bag at the gunman and attempted to take the weapon from him.

The medical examiner found that Rosenbaum was shot in the groin, back and left hand.

Joseph Rosenbaum was later killed by Kyle Rittenhouse.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:56:51 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 67 Rover

just a link to the article in the OP... really just for the responses...

Unarmed?  :bs:

How is it an illegal weapon? Oh, I forgot... DUmpmonkiez don't need facts and reality... it's how they feel...

You obviously did watch the video. He engages targets that were a threat. He hit them all.

SO, you feel he should get the death penalty because the people are mad rather than to what the law says?

because people are ****ing sick and tired of all the bullshit from the left when you try to railroad some one with your 'feelz' rather than the facts of the case.

the survivor put out on social media he wanted to kill the kid.

the 'victim' pointed a handgun at the 'murderer'... and got shot for it.

Grosskreutz is part of the People’s Revolution Movement of Milwaukee, a social justice group.

Gaige Grosskreutz has a criminal record a mile long. He’s a convicted felon, multiple violent offenses & not allowed to possess a weapon yet had a firearm pointed at Kyle Rittenhouse when he was shot in the arm.

Rosenbaum was convicted of sexual conduct with a minor in 2002, according to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections sex offender registry.
Rosenbaum also had two open cases in Kenosha: one on bail jumping and another on battery, two counts of domestic abuse and disorderly conduct, according to court records.

Anthony Huber, 26, then leaps onto Rittenhouse and strikes him with a skateboard with one hand and reaches out with another, the video shows.

“Huber appears to be trying to grab the gun,” the complaint states. “The defendant then fires one round which can be heard on the video.”

Huber was shot in the chest, killing him, according to the complaint.

In 2012, Huber was found guilty of felonious strangulation, two counts of domestic abuse, false imprisonment and use of a dangerous weapon, records show. Huber was again found guilty in 2018, this time of disorderly conduct, domestic abuse and repeat offender charges, according to online documents.

Grosskreutz was found guilty in 2016 of carrying a firearm while intoxicated

After Rosenbaum was shot, a mob chased Rittenhouse down a street. One of the pursuers was Anthony Huber, who hit Rittenhouse with his skateboard and, police say, tried taking Rittenhouse's rifle away — at which point Rittenhouse fired a fatal shot at Huber's chest.

Also in the thick of the chase was Grosskreutz who was seen in video screenshots and photographs seeming to point a handgun at Rittenhouse

The screenshot of the comment reads, "I just talked to Gaige Grosskreutz too" and "his only regret is not killing the kid and hesitating to pull the gun before emptying the entire mag into him." The alleged comment also reads that "the kid shot Gaige as he drew his weapon and Gaige retreated with his gun in hand."

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Rittenhose should have given Gaige Grosskreutz a deserved second and third round as he Grosskreutz retreated with his gun still in hand and still a threat. Very lucky to be alive.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

Since DUpipo are so devoted to the Rittenhouse-is a-Murderer narrative, it should worry them that Rittenhouse and his lawyers will be defending him based on well established law and the facts of what happened that night.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
beachbumbob (5,669 posts)

4. lol, the kid had no legal right to even have the AR in his possenssion in Wisconsin OR Illinois

- there are weapons charges need to be filed
- need to have charges against his parents as well
- WTF is Gov Evers doing here? I would have all this turned over to State Police and STate AG office with charges against the Kenosha police chief and police dept coming, especially IF and coordination between police and the "militia" as in conspiracy to commit murder
WI does not have a State Police force, it has a State Patrol and it is mainly concerned with traffic enforcement.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Uh oh...
Will this statement get this DUmmie tombstoned?
DetroitLegalBeagle (588 posts)

35. An acquittal or dropped charges would not surprise me

Based on what is seen in the publicly available videos, the witness statement found in the criminal complaint, and Wisconsin law.

Ballsy for a DUmmie with such a relatively low post count.