Author Topic: Carpet in new house  (Read 1991 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Carpet in new house
« on: August 27, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
Our first year walk thru on our house is due in about two months.  The carpet we picked is a cable shag/frieze that had a great rating for wear. I have hated it since the day we moved in. I vacuum several times a week yet all of the pathways look matted and the fibers are fraying. It looks like shit. To get the fibers to stnd backup I have to get on my hands and knees and use my fingers or the edge of a spoon and even doing that it still looks crappy. I do not want to live with this carpet.  After my husband replaces the carpet in the upstairs hallway with wood the only rooms with carpet will be the bedrooms and the game room upstairs.  Do you think the builder would replace it on the one year warranty?  It definitely isn't wearing well.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Carpet in new house
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:35:08 AM »
never hurts to ask, just make sure you don't try to "fluff" it up for several days ahead of time.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:33 AM »
never hurts to ask, just make sure you don't try to "fluff" it up for several days ahead of time.

I fluffed it up yesterday. It doesn't look too bad now but man what a pain in the ass it is to fluff. I looked up how to unmat carpet like this and it is a lot of work.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
It's sounds like a lot of hard work for carpet that is only a year old.

I would also suggest asking to have it replaced.

No one should be expected to get on their hands and knees to make their carpet look nice after only a year. That is crazy!