Author Topic: heard this wild story about Obama yesterday...  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Lauri

heard this wild story about Obama yesterday...
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
talk radio had a story about how Obama signed onto legislation (or sponsored it, i dont remember the exact wording) that supported the rights of a criminal to sue their victim, should they be hurt during their little crime spree..

anyone heard this story? i have no idea if its true... would love a little background if anybody knows about it..

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: heard this wild story about Obama yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »
talk radio had a story about how Obama signed onto legislation (or sponsored it, i dont remember the exact wording) that supported the rights of a criminal to sue their victim, should they be hurt during their little crime spree..

anyone heard this story? i have no idea if its true... would love a little background if anybody knows about it..

no, but I expect stuff like this to start coming out.  his record has been pretty much unexamined up until now,
and it isn't the republicans that he needs to worry about.  it's the clinton machine.  and if that guy ever so much as
patted the fanny of one of his coed law students, I would expect to see it leaked to the enquirer in the next week
or so.

(300 posts.  almost exactly 1/100 of where I was at the other place :-)  I gotta lotta work to do :p)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »
the story was in reference to a guy who is going on trial in the next few weeks who sold Obama his home.. the story was the guy got some kind of kick back and the talking head wanted to know what Obama's relationship with this guy was..

so yeah, i'm sure we're going to know a lot about Obama and his family pretty soon..

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 03:54:42 AM »
The Ten Most Corrupt Politicians in 2007

8.  Senator Barack Obama (D-IL):  A “Dishonorable Mention” last year, Senator Obama moves onto the “ten most wanted” list in 2007.  In 2006, it was discovered that Obama was involved in a suspicious real estate deal with an indicted political fundraiser, Antoin “Tony” Rezko.  In 2007, more reports surfaced of deeper and suspicious business and political connections  It was reported that just two months after he joined the Senate, Obama purchased $50,000 worth of stock in speculative companies whose major investors were his biggest campaign contributors.  One of the companies was a biotech concern that benefited from legislation Obama pushed just two weeks after the senator purchased $5,000 of the company’s shares.  Obama was also nabbed conducting campaign business in his Senate office, a violation of federal law

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/30198.html

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 09:42:50 AM »
This is one time that I won't mind the Clinton Machine trashing an opponent. Of course the flip side of that is obvious and scary....but I hope more dirt comes out.....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
Haven't heard of that, but Obama's record is appalling. The ONLY vote he EVER made that I can agree with is that he voted in the Illinois senate for cops and ex cops and military to be able to have CCW here. That's it.

If ya want something to really get Obama on, look up his vote on the BAIPA. Anybody that votes against that is a ****in' monster, IMO.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin