Author Topic: Doug's ex-wife is on to us  (Read 2856 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Doug's ex-wife is on to us
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:36:12 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2694578

Oh my.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-15-08 11:45 PM
Original message

Heads up: If they can disgust us enough, they win. 

Consider this: The Republican Party is a big steaming pile right now. They can't find even one person that can remotely unite the fragments Bush has left them with.

So, what else can they do except try to suppress our turnout and try to steal our election?

Forget about election stealing for now. (Yes, I said that!) (Or, don't forget, come to the ER forum and help us.)

If they can promote and keep playing up an ugly fight between Clinton and Obama, they know some of us will get disgusted and go away.

If they can cut Dennis out of the debates and insult him at every turn, they know some of us will get disgusted and go away.

If they can ignore or tar John Edwards early and often, they know some of us will get disgusted and go away.

Let's disappoint them. This is our year.

Well, I just don't know what to say.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:55 AM
Response to Reply #24

27. Your comment really does go to the heart of the Republican strategy which postulates a five second memory span across the board.

Maybe that's another reason they dislike us so much. We remember.

Doing "the best thing" entails understanding the bigger frame, entails remembering that context.

Let's do that and spoil their picnic.

I dunno.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:12 AM
Response to Reply #4

10. I know. Hang in there. 

This isn't an accident. It's the Republican strategy for 2008.

Now, how come Doug's ex-wife gets the Republican party memoes, and franksolich doesn't?

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:03 AM
Response to Reply #5

6. "Are you looking at me"? 

Stay close. Help each other.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:09 AM
Response to Reply #8

9. I'm talking about the opposition, without and within. 

And for that matter, WE are the party. There are people with titles and badges and all kinds of geegaws.

Maybe they need them to get through the day.

They'd look pretty silly leading an invisible crowd.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:26 AM
Response to Reply #12

15. Fair enough. Please don't let me interrupt your detesting the Republicans more. 

lol

That's how I feel most days of the week.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:25 AM
Response to Reply #11

14. Whatever small difference we can make, let's do that. 

I've gone mostly local as well. It's satisfying. You get to see results. People interact with you as if you were a person.

And, no matter how disgusted I become with national politics, I WILL NOT give the Republican Party the satisfaction of me opting out. They're messing with the wrong stubborn person. I WILL vote for the most progressive candidate I can. I WILL work election protection so they have to work to steal instead of just calling room service. I WILL check in with you all when this rope gets too short because our numbers MATTER.

Maybe they thought eight years of George Bush would take the stuffing out of us.

Maybe they're counting on that kind of exhaustion to even a playing field that is mostly now stacked against them.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 01:01 AM
Response to Reply #26

30. I don't believe change will come from a presidential election. 

And, I am unwilling to concede one more inch to the opposition quietly.

I will not allow them, any "them", to alienate me enough to walk away from this fight. It ain't gonna happen.

What you say about national politics, agreed. And, I will not allow THAT to take me off task.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:29 AM
Response to Reply #13

16. Become a comedy writer! I did. 

Put your nausea to work! Put that inside a matchbook cover!

Sure, there are daily outrages. The bigger picture is the oncoming power shift. It will go our way unless we allow ourselves to be driven off the field.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:45 AM
Response to Reply #19

22. Now you want me to give away industry secrets?! 

Solidarity is one thing but, hey!

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:56 AM
Response to Reply #28

29. One of my friends is a producer and a writer. 

He basically has to picket himself.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:32 AM
Response to Reply #17

18. I don't think I'm neutral enough to give you an even semi objective opinion. 

What I do know is any one of our three frontrunners can wipe the floor with ANY of their candidates.

Unless we go away.

I've heard all kinds of different people express admiration for Obama. He is a remarkable person.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:47 AM
Response to Reply #21

23. LOL! 

"The progress of a political foodstuff"

Oh my.  We've been exposed, all our secrets given to Doug's ex-wife.  Alas!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

Re: Doug's ex-wife is on to us
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »
You know Frank, I sometimes think you might have something for SFexPat.  :tongue:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »
sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:55 AM
Response to Reply #24

27. Your comment really does go to the heart of the Republican strategy which postulates a five second memory span across the board.

Maybe that's another reason they dislike us so much. We remember.

Doing "the best thing" entails understanding the bigger frame, entails remembering that context.

Let's do that and spoil their picnic.

This from a group that wants to deny and forget that 9/11 ever happened.  :whatever:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »
You know Frank, I sometimes think you might have something for SFexPat.  :tongue:

Actually, there is a history behind this, sir.

During the scam that wasn't a scam that rocked the internet two and three-quarters years ago, my "assignment" (never mind who "assigned") was to keep the eyeballs peeled on Doug's ex-wife and my fellow alum Skins.

Everybody else got the good ones, such as the Bostonian Drunkard.

I plumbed the depths of Doug's ex-wife's soul, as she herself revealed herself on the internet.

The more I read of Doug's ex-wife, the more I was surprised, amazed, and dismayed, at how much alike Doug's ex-wife and franksolich are.

Damn, it was uncanny.

We might as well have been Siamese twins.

When Doug's ex-wife's husband began having, uh, marital problems, I openly suggested that he contact me, because I could illuminate him about all that ailed his then-wife, putting them into malespeak, so to speak, and he could solve those problems from there.

It was just weird, really weird.

I have no idea why in real life, I'm a winner and she's a loser, though.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 07:06:54 AM »

No doubt it is due to your high-class associates, namely us, while she picks DU.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 07:16:06 AM »

If they truly believed in the 'bigger frame', they would consider broader groups then their special interest groups. In the bigger frame, sfexpat, are business owners whom DU seems to loath. Where is their place in your 'bigger frame'? Where is the place for those both fiscally and socially responsible in their lives? Etc, etc, etc. The only 'bigger frame' in sfexpat's world is the globe attached at her neck.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »
Doesn't she have a dictator to snuggle up to or something?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-16-08 12:29 AM
Response to Reply #13

16. Become a comedy writer! I did. 

Put your nausea to work! Put that inside a matchbook cover!
"All your matchbook covers are belong to us!"

Or:

Can you draw these DUmp Monkeys? Your skills may be in great demand....

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:51:59 AM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »

Actually, there is a history behind this, sir.

During the scam that wasn't a scam that rocked the internet two and three-quarters years ago, my "assignment" (never mind who "assigned") was to keep the eyeballs peeled on Doug's ex-wife and my fellow alum Skins.

Everybody else got the good ones, such as the Bostonian Drunkard.

I plumbed the depths of Doug's ex-wife's soul, as she herself revealed herself on the internet.

The more I read of Doug's ex-wife, the more I was surprised, amazed, and dismayed, at how much alike Doug's ex-wife and franksolich are.

Damn, it was uncanny.

We might as well have been Siamese twins.

When Doug's ex-wife's husband began having, uh, marital problems, I openly suggested that he contact me, because I could illuminate him about all that ailed his then-wife, putting them into malespeak, so to speak, and he could solve those problems from there.

It was just weird, really weird.

Now Frank, you're nothing like that angry, delusional moonbat. The only thing you have in common is that you both live on the same continent (and even then if not for gravity, she's so stupid she'd fall off the planet).

But hey, at least you didn't have to keep the time line. Do you know what it was like trying to make sense of all their convoluted nonsense...just trying to get through one of Beth's rah-rah fund raiser threads was a challenge. Still, you did have to keep track of the most long-winded & inebriated and the nuttiest & pathetic. And no one threatened my life.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.