Author Topic: Pedro Picasso needs to make sure  (Read 745 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso needs to make sure
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5911554

Oh my.

Pedro Picasso getting his political news from the boob-tube, rather than reading a newspaper or newsmagazine or book on the subject.

It's pretty shallow, when all one knows, comes from the boob-tube.

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jun-24-09 09:26 AM
Original message

Grassley: "We need to make sure there is NO public option."

Just quoted live on MSNBC -- which then allowed him to go on a screed about the Government making all your health care decisions. ANOTHER big-media pro-insurance company marketing piece, with no Democrat or public-option spokesman to counter it.

There's a few primitives at the bonfire, all of them marching in lock-step as suggested by Pedro Picasso a few days ago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Pedro Picasso needs to make sure
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
Complaining to the wrong party again, Pedro.  Grassley is in the minority party, you Dems run the show.  If you don't get your "free" healthcare system, you've got no one to blame but your own party.  Time for you and your fellow primitives to grow up and admit that's the facts.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »
Complaining to the wrong party again, Pedro.  Grassley is in the minority party, you Dems run the show.  If you don't get your "free" healthcare system, you've got no one to blame but your own party.  Time for you and your fellow primitives to grow up and admit that's the facts.

You know, I can't figure that out.

The Republicans are the minority in Congress.

The minority, which is less than the majority.

The party who is the majority in Congress runs things, and there isn't excresence the party with the minority in Congress can do about it.

Such a simple thing to understand, but the primitives don't seem to get it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:08:34 AM »
Who sits around watching MSNBC all day?  Or any TV for that matter?

Pedro seems to have a daily thread about the latest outrage that he sees on MSNBC.

I thought he had a high-paying job as a Democrat operative stuffing envelopes?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »
Who sits around watching MSNBC all day?  Or any TV for that matter?

Pedro seems to have a daily thread about the latest outrage that he sees on MSNBC.

I thought he had a high-paying job as a Democrat operative stuffing envelopes?

The job's something like "art director," but it DOES involve spending much time in the menial task of stuffing envelopes for a political "action" group.

In political "action" groups, when envelopes need stuffed, everybody has to pitch in, from the "executive" "director" down to the janitor.

Pedro Picasso's being a boob-tube addict has concerned me for some time, as it betrays a shallowness of understanding.

I suspect he prefers the boob-tube for all of his information, because it's much easier to simply sit and watch something, than to read something.  More brain-cells are involved with reading, and it's possible Pedro Picasso doesn't have any spare ones.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »
You know, I can't figure that out.

The Republicans are the minority in Congress.

The minority, which is less than the majority.

The party who is the majority in Congress runs things, and there isn't excresence the party with the minority in Congress can do about it.

Such a simple thing to understand, but the primitives don't seem to get it.

Oh they get it - they just don't want to take the blame when it all falls apart.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
In political "action" groups, when envelopes need stuffed, everybody has to pitch in, from the "executive" "director" down to the janitor.

Coach, my job is that of real estate appraiser.  When our office needs envelopes to be stuffed (once a year), everyone helps out, from the accountants to the appraisers to the few remaining engineers.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.