Author Topic: Kenf*ck tries to equate VN vets with Iraq vets...  (Read 745 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Kenf*ck tries to equate VN vets with Iraq vets...
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »
Not going well...

kentuck (76,518 posts)

Vietnam veterans and Iraq veterans have a lot in common.

Neither war was popular with the public. The soldiers were not to blame for either war. It was the political leadership of this country that decided we should be in both of those wars. Mostly, the people respected the troops that fought in both wars. However, they lost a lot of respect for our leaders.

Neither was perceived to be a just or necessary war. Each of them tore at the fabric or our being as a nation. If a country gets three strikes before they are out, we now have two strikes against us. We must be very careful about getting into another land war.

Democrat or Republican, the decision to vote for the Commander in Chief may be the most important vote of our lifetimes? We should put the lives of our troops at risk as a last resort. That is the position that our Commander in Chief should hold. That is the position that shows who really cares about the welfare of our troops.

Those that are too quick to send our troops into a land war should be avoided like the plague.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028150554

tonyt53 (3,501 posts)
1. As a Vietnam vet, I have to disagree. Never heard a "thank you for your service" until 1991.

That was after the first Gulf War. That "thank you" was pushed as a way to score by politicians. I never wanted to be thanked and neither did most that served in Vietnam, or Korea, or WWII. Most people did not, and still do not respect Vietnam vets. It is like PTSD just started with the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Nobody lost a limb either, evidently. Nobody screamed about the way the VA treated us. Yeah, it is the same now as it was 45 years ago - regardless of what you might hear on the news. I'm not bitter, just feel the need to remind people that there are many forgotten veterans.

Your fellow travelers, idiot, and I couldn't care less where you allegedly served.  You're a f*cking idiot.

Travis_0004 (5,104 posts)
2. Since Hillary voted to invade iraq, I dont think your post makes sense.

Hillary was too quick to send our troops into a land war.

Not going to go over too well at the Romper Room.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

Re: Kenf*ck tries to equate VN vets with Iraq vets...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:28:03 PM »
Vietnam veterans and Iraq veterans have a lot in common.

... Mostly, the people respected the troops that fought in both wars.

That would come as a surprise to many Vietnam veterans! They were demonized as "baby killers" by the "Peace Movement". They were demonized as dangerous crazies by the "news" and entertainment media.

kt isn't posting political insight, he's just parroting one of the current Hate-Trump narratives. Just as I'm sure he parroted in 1980 the line that Reagan was a warmonger who would cause WW3. With the same accuracy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: Kenf*ck tries to equate VN vets with Iraq vets...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 06:40:00 PM »
Didn't Billy "bentwilly" Clinton send a bunch of US soldiers to Kosovo?
Somalia?
Bosnia?
Iraq?
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.