Author Topic: OK so why are we still in Afghanistan  (Read 560 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
OK so why are we still in Afghanistan
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »
katmondoo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 07:59 AM
Original message
OK so why are we still in Afghanistan

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6425428

hobbit709  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 08:02 AM
Response to Original message
1. Because Unocal-now Chevron wants a pipeline

Isn't that an impeachable frogmarch offense? Oh wait that only applies to repukes.

Louisiana1976  (61 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 09:36 AM
4. We're spending too much money and manpower in Afghan......   Updated at 2:24 PM

and in Iraq. What we really need to do is have a Marshall Plan in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Region.

Oh noes marshall law. I know the DUmmy really meant the Marshall plan to rebuild Germany after ww2 but how many dummies will look at that and think martial law?
 :lmao:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: OK so why are we still in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »
obbit709  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Aug-30-09 08:02 AM
1. Because Unocal-now Chevron wants a pipeline

Wrong again idiot.  As the link below shows...the driving forces behind a pipeline across Afghanistan are Turkey and Pakistan.  They look at it as the most cost effective way to transport valuable LNG without having to deal with India.

http://www.dawn.com/2007/02/26/ebr1.htm

But again...teh DUmmies won't let the truth interfere with a good conspiracy theory
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
Wrong again idiot.  As the link below shows...the driving forces behind a pipeline across Afghanistan are Turkey and Pakistan.  They look at it as the most cost effective way to transport valuable LNG without having to deal with India.

http://www.dawn.com/2007/02/26/ebr1.htm

But again...teh DUmmies won't let the truth interfere with a good conspiracy theory

The biggest mistake our Idiots in DC have made, I dare say, is that we abandoned the Afghani's after helping them destroy the Soviets!

If we would have put forth the energy and funds in order for them to get back on their feet back then, we would not be in this situation we have ourselves in now!

Guess who pulled the funding???????????
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »
The biggest mistake our Idiots in DC have made, I dare say, is that we abandoned the Afghani's after helping them destroy the Soviets!

If we would have put forth the energy and funds in order for them to get back on their feet back then, we would not be in this situation we have ourselves in now!

Rove?  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
With an dilletante Democrat in the Whitehouse being stroked daily by the MSM about his infallible genius, an unbelievably venal and/or incompetent crew of Democrats running both Houses of Congress, and the Justice Department busily conducting a witch hunt to cripple our foreign intelligence and expand the Attorney General's empire, it is extremely difficult to envision it ending well at this point.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
Rove?  :lmao:

Best laugh I had today.  Thanks.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

If the US had not left the Afghanis o their own back then, the drug trade would have been sharply curtailed way back when.