Author Topic: primitives squibble-squabble about nature's most perfect food  (Read 1231 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives squibble-squabble about nature's most perfect food
« on: August 29, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x68193

Oh my.

jasi2006 (192 posts)      Fri Aug-28-09 07:39 AM
Original message

My theory on Swine Flu: MILK

I think the reason it is harder on kids and old people is because these are the people who drink the most pastuerized milk. This is just a hunch based on looking at the data presented so far. I could be way out in left field here. But consider that pregnant women, young children, and the elderly are the ones who seemed to fare the worst after being infected. What is their common link? High levels of lactose. Seniors drink a lot of milk because they feel it helps them with their aging bones. Children drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of other dairy producs because we make them. And lactating women are just a result of nature.

Ok. flame away or come up with a better theory.

As incredible as it might seem, it's a very large bonfire.

trotsky  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-28-09 07:43 AM
Response to Original message

1. Hahahahaha

Milk. Is there anything it *isn't* responsible for?

Actually, today's elderly are LESS at risk for H1N1. From

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/200... :

While most seasonal flu viruses hit children and the elderly the hardest, swine flu is atypical in that its most virulent cases appear to occur amongst otherwise healthy adults, according to a study by the Canadian Critical Care Trial Group.

Why?

It is believed that patients 65 and over have some immunity to H1N1, as a result of prior exposure to a flu virus which circulated in the 1950s.

Milk has absolutely nothing to do with it. Find something else to blame.

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Aug-28-09 07:47 AM
Response to Reply #1

3. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

Name removed (0 posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 11:55 AM
Response to Reply #5

49. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

jasi2006 (192 posts)      Fri Aug-28-09 07:59 AM
Response to Reply #1

9. "absolutely nothing to do wiwth it."

Can you prove this? I only expressed my opinion and no absolutes. One thing I do know as an absolute is that my children and I suffer from major sinus problems after eating any dairy products. So we stopped eating anything dairy that is not combined with flour and baked. If we eat anything that has diary but not labeled we can tell immediately. There is one brand of "non-diary" product on the market that I believe really contains some diary product because when I ate it on several occassions, my sinuses became inflammed. It could just be our metabolic problem but I just put this forth as an opinion...not an absolute. And it is not a matter of blame. Now go back to your diary industry job.

trotsky  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-28-09 08:05 AM
Response to Reply #9

13. No, that's not how science works.

You have a theory, you have to prove it. You don't get to put it up there and demand others prove you wrong.

One thing I do know as an absolute is that my children and I suffer from major sinus problems after eating any dairy products.

Well obviously your family's purported sensitivity to milk products means milk is bad for everyone, huh?

Now go back to your diary industry job.

Ooh, that foul diary industry and their insidious products! Those cute locking ones for pre-teen girls, all the way to journals for adults. Naw, I just shill for the DAIRY industry on the side. (BTW, I love the totally predictable reaction - anyone who disagrees with you is obviously on the payroll of BIG DAIRY.

You know, despite my better instincts, I'm starting to like the Leon primitive.

EvolveOrConvolve  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-28-09 06:21 PM
Response to Reply #13

37. I'm also a shill for BIG DAIRY

And I didn't get my check this week. Who do I call to complain?

Maine-ah  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-28-09 09:03 AM
Response to Reply #9

32. why don't you try fresh milk?

I was raised on unpasturized fresh from the cow milk. We were never sick, and there were four of us. We always had fresh veggies during the summers, and froze and canned everything for the winter. We got a fresh pig every year too. This was all from a group of teachers in a small town that had farms or gardens and they would swap stuff. The pig we got for free since dad would go and help catch them for slaughter.

Okay, here we come:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-28-09 10:30 PM
Response to Reply #42

43. I'm lactose intolerant and must avoid dairy products

Please explain why I've gotten the flu, colds, and allergic rhinitis.

I can't wait for this one.

This is a big bonfire, in which the name removed primitive is an enthusiastic participant, but really, I need to come to a screeching halt here.

The defrocked warped primitive is allegedly "allergic" to milk.

The unfrocked warped primitive at various times has itemized lists of foods to which she's allegedly allergic.

It's pretty odd, those lists.  It appears the defrocked warped primitive is "allergic" to things good for her, and not allergic to things bad for her.

The unfrocked warped primitive used to be a registered nurse.

The defrocked warped primitive is aware of the phenomenon of hypochondria.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Re: primitives squibble-squabble about nature's most perfect food
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »
Maine-ah  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-28-09 09:03 AM
Response to Reply #9

32. why don't you try fresh milk?

I was raised on unpasturized fresh from the cow milk. We were never sick, and there were four of us. We always had fresh veggies during the summers, and froze and canned everything for the winter. We got a fresh pig every year too. This was all from a group of teachers in a small town that had farms or gardens and they would swap stuff. The pig we got for free since dad would go and help catch them for slaughter.

You V-word using pig-that's-yummy-for-your-tummy murderer!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »
One thing I do know as an absolute is that my children and I suffer from major sinus problems

The DUmp settled that years ago. That affliction is without question due to chemtrails.

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »
We got a fresh pig every year too

As opposed to say, an UNfresh pig? What, did others find a leftover pig from the year before, or what?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:57:25 PM »

The DUmp settled that years ago. That affliction is without question due to chemtrails.

For the parents , it could be a certain white powder, or it could be all the incense/pot smoke in the air.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 01:42:41 AM »
For the parents , it could be a certain white powder, or it could be all the incense/pot smoke in the air.

I think a recent study has linked burning candles to asthma and other health problems.

It could be that they were burning candles while drinking their milk....   :naughty:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 06:06:43 AM »
How dare you try to refute my baseless conjecture with a news article that cites facts!

Can you disprove my totally fanciful diatribe without resorting to news articles ot factual data?

I will defend my baseless conjecture until 4, cuz I gotta clean my room like Mom said

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 06:52:41 AM »
jasi2006 (192 posts)      Fri Aug-28-09 07:39 AM
Original message

My theory on Swine Flu: MILK

I think the reason it is harder on kids and old people is because these are the people who drink the most pastuerized milk. This is just a hunch based on looking at the data presented so far. I could be way out in left field here. But consider that pregnant women, young children, and the elderly are the ones who seemed to fare the worst after being infected. What is their common link? High levels of lactose. Seniors drink a lot of milk because they feel it helps them with their aging bones. Children drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of other dairy producs because we make them. And lactating women are just a result of nature.

Ok. flame away or come up with a better theory.

Uhmm...couldn`t that be said on average about most ailments?
A person in a weakend (elderly) developing (children) and physically stressed (pregnant) condition will be susceptible to many ills that wouldn`t affect others

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »
Oh for ****'s sake! It all has to do with the immune system! Figure it out DUmbasses! When you're young, your immune system is still developing. When you are past your prime, your immune system is diminishing. Pregnant women's immune system protects the womb at the expense of the host. Get a ****in' clue!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!