Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Inspiration From Dead Ted  (Read 407 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Inspiration From Dead Ted
« on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
BuelahWitch  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 01:47 PM
Original message
Will our Ted's memorials inspire people to work to help the poor?
They have been shoved in the closet with padlocks on the door for so many years because it was "out of fashion to be poor" while those in power have pandered to the middle and upper classes. But the wake and the funeral reminded us that people like Ted Kennedy cared and worked to help them. I believe it also gave a call to service to help those "who are the least of us."
Will this inspire people to take up Ted Kennedy's legacy to help the poor and disadvantaged? Or will things go on as before? I hope the powerful in the audience were not too dense to hear...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6419305
Actually, DUmmy BeulahWitch, Dead Ted inspired me to a lifetime of alcoholism and debauchery. However, being a lot smarter than Dead Ted (I earned a college degree without a single expulsion), I realized alcoholism was really stupid, and settled instead for as much debauchery as possible.

gateley  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 01:50 PM
1. I was wondering what those who claim to be Good Christians were feeling
when the passage about "whatever you do unto the least of my brothers you do unto me" was read. But you know, they probably aren't even watching or listening. 

I cannot imagine that even a DUmmy, who watches Keef and the carpetmuncher religiously, could endure the entire Dead Tedathon.

As for the DUmmies who are actually attending in person, I must repeat this warning:
http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: DUmmies Discuss Inspiration From Dead Ted
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »
I wonder what we find if we had a database showing which side donated more to charity (and yes churches count).
I'd wager it would be the tea birthers not the primitives.
Because righties tend to reach in their own wallet and help those in need. Lefties reach into other people's wallet.
Remember Jesus said to feed the poor not to lobby Ceaser to feed them.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »
grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 01:46 PM
Dear Kennedys. Today I am inspired to be a better person.
The example of your beloved Teddy and your own witness to the power of personal sacrifice inspires me to be better than I am.

I can try harder to mend relationships.

I can try harder to "be there" early and always for anyone.

I can be more generous of spirit, more tolerant, more thoughtful.

I can coach others to be winners through optimism and strength.

And yes, I can even think about going to church.

If anyone wants to add their personal inspirations gained from Dead Ted, feel free.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »

If anyone wants to add their personal inspirations gained from Dead Ted, feel free.

Well, dead ted inspired me to be a Republican.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »
Well, dead ted inspired me to be a Republican.

My new avatar says it all for me....dead ted inspired me to improve my driving skills........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.