Author Topic: primitives discuss abuse  (Read 521 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss abuse
« on: August 29, 2009, 10:02:47 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6416889

Oh my.

pepperbear (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 03:22 AM
Original message

It's not use, it's ABUSE of the 1st Amendment

Pull the plug on grandma? Use political affiliation to determine who gets medical care? Put private insurance out of business? Obama's not a citizen? Government control over personal medical decisions? Rationing of health care? Obama is a Muslim communist?

I'm all for first Amendment rights. Who isn't? But these are lies and they are designed to create hysteria. Isn't that why the proverbial "Yelling fire in a crowded theater" is the one exception to "Free Speech"?

Where in the hell is the justice?

Seriously.

So.....when are the primitives going to stop abusing the First Amendment by accusing George Bush of "stealing" Florida in 2000?

Never mind.

OffWithTheirHeads  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 03:35 AM
Response to Original message

1. Welcome to the corporate fiefdom

We the people have the same rights as corporations. One dollar, one vote. Guess who wins.

The Gloria Swanson primitive:

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 03:37 AM

2. One of the very difficult things about the rights that come with being an American citizen is that you have to work at it, and that means it's every American's duty to stay informed.

If some people choose stupidity, laziness, and the lies that pander to their particular bigotries, there's nothing anyone can do about it. Nor should there be.

It's part of what makes this country so great, and, sadly, it's part of what's hurting it so badly.

Some want to believe the lies.

Mythbuster (42 posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 03:38 AM

3. What pisses me off about these claims

Is that repeating them over and over again in the media is acceptable because it is more sensational than repeating over and over that these claims have been proven to be LIES and are merely propaganda being spewed by the Right. But we all know about the "liberal biased" MSM, huh... yeah, whatever.

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 06:20 AM

4. When elected officials say the lies they should be censured.

And when the media does it repeatedly and without retractions/corrections they should be heavily fined.

If elected officials were censured for lying, there'd be no uncensured Democrats in office, and if the media were fined for lying, the media would be bankrupt.

ProgressiveProfessor (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 09:51 AM
Response to Reply #4

8. By what authority?

Fining the media? Helen Thomas would have been in debtor prison years ago if prior administrations had that power.

Who will censure pols? Their own? Not fracking likely. Even if its done, they just turn their back on it (literally in some cases). It has no effect.

ayeshahaqqiqa  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 09:20 AM

5. It's a giant con and the conmen behind it are hiding behind the First Amendment.

The mountain man primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 09:21 AM

6. It is impossible to abuse a Right, they can only be used.

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 09:34 AM

7. once the thugs realized the 1st amendment protects lies, they lied all the time

ProgressiveProfessor (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-29-09 09:52 AM
Response to Reply #7

9. All pols lie...

Euromutt  (784 posts)      Sat Aug-29-09 10:42 AM

10. I sympathize, but I have to disagree

As the saying goes, the only remedy to bad speech is good speech. Once you open the door to censorship--no matter how justified--it's just a matter of time before it comes round and bites you in the ass.

And besides, you'd only create the next hysterical story, "How Obama is suppressing The Truth!"
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: primitives discuss abuse
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:20 AM »
Oh, so disagreeing with a DUmmie is now akin to yelling fire in a theater or incitement to riot. 

Got it.

And they wonder why we're so angry.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »
Oh, so disagreeing with a DUmmie is now akin to yelling fire in a theater or incitement to riot. 

Got it.

And they wonder why we're so angry.

Well its about darn time you caught the clue train. :lmao: 

Intercepting cell phone calls from terrorists: BAD.

Using voter lists to ferret out opponents: GOOD.

Liberals have always enjoyed the double standard of do as I say not as I do.  It should be the official motto of the democrat party. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
If elected officials were censured for lying, there'd be no uncensured Democrats in office, and if the media were fined for lying, the media would be bankrupt.

You won't be worried about that after you see who's appointed to the Truth Commission.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 12:21:11 PM »
HEY DUchebags!

Truth is still a complete defense in the USA.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »
Funny all the claims from the tea birthers (I invented that term  :-) ) about health care have come straight out of the text of the bill. How many of you dump monkeys have read any of it?
So tell me who's lying then.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.