Author Topic: A lot of people going to see Ted - did this many show up for reagan  (Read 409 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
2Design  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-28-09 01:14 PM
Original message
A lot of people going to see Ted - did this many show up for reagan

I am just impressed with the family and how they have made the public part of this possible and how many people came last night until 2am it said and more and more people continuously - just incredible that this time period is now over - the time period of goodness and wanting for the people - that family brought that to the public when they didn't have to - they did a lot of good for this world )and yes they were human too)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6410967

onenote  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-28-09 01:18 PM
Response to Original message
2. yes they did

I couldn't stand the guy, but a lot of people loved reagan and they showed up in big numbers both in California and here in DC.

Its not a competition, by the way.

It's only not a competition because you didn't win.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: A lot of people going to see Ted - did this many show up for reagan
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
Hmmmm...considering the lack of viewership on television, and judging by the lines outside for the viewing, I'd guess not.

Then again, I was in CA when Reagan died, and to see the roads lined with people as he was transported from Pt. Hueneme to Simi Valley was nothing short of incredible.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
Crowds Force Extension of Reagan Viewing

Posted on: Tuesday, 8 June 2004, 06:00 CDT

SIMI VALLEY, Calif. - Californians by the tens of thousands paid their respects to former President Reagan, backing up traffic on a freeway and forcing surprised organizers to extend the viewing period Tuesday by four hours.

Some came in their Sunday best, while others looked ready to hit the beach in shorts and flip-flops. All fell silent at the first glimpse of Reagan's flag-draped casket.

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library announced Tuesday that it had extended the end of viewing hours from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. "due to the overwhelming response for those showing respect for President Reagan."

People must be in line for shuttle buses, which take viewers from a gathering point at a nearby college to the library itself, by 3 p.m.

"Reagan was truly the people's president and you can see it here," said Maura Ripsen of Anaheim Hills, who came to the library Monday with her husband, Steve, son Sean, 6, and daughter Katherine, 23 months.

By 6 a.m. Tuesday, more than 40,000 people had gone through the library, said Duke Blackwood, the library's executive director.

"We knew it was going to be high, but quite honestly we didn't know it was going to be this high," said Gary Foster, a Reagan family spokesman.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/general/62912/crowds_force_extension_of_reagan_viewing/

Sorry, Little Goons.  The muderer senator can't hold a candle to The Great President Ronald Reagan.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
Again, for anyone considering a trip to see Dead Ted, I feel compelled to advise that it is not without risk.

http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »
Well, good to see Reagan had such strong numbers, but I was all primed up to also state that if there were less to attend Reagan, than Ted, it may have something to do with the fact that the people that respected Reagan were WORKING, whereas the people that worshipped Ted were on the DOLE. 

Nevertheless, I would imagine that combined, Jacko still beat them both.  Crazy world.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent