Author Topic: mopinko primitive wants her space back  (Read 457 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
mopinko primitive wants her space back
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=403x3034

Okay, we all know the mopinko primitive, the "artist" who has every intestinary affliction in the medical directory, and is not shy boasting about it; the one with the messed-up kids, and is not shy boasting about it; the one who demands Old World Craftsmanship at illegal-alien-under-the-table wages.

mopinko  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-24-09 09:29 PM
Original message

anybody here know toys? i have some that i have saved from my kids, now in their 20's, as well as some that i collected. i have a lot of the fisher price little people toys, including some of the old aqua and brown ones. not complete, definitely played with.

also have a couple of boxfuls of mcdonalds toys. i know that some are worth more because they were crossovers with movies, esp disney. i have some dalmatians that are still in the bag. others, too.

and needless to say, i have a bunch of beenie babies, including the teenies.

is any of this stuff worth anything, or should i just donate it and get my space back?

franksolich thinks she should give them to the poor, but we all know how that idea's going to fly with a primitive.

InvisibleTouch  (1000+ posts)     Tue Aug-25-09 12:04 PM
Response to Original message

1. Give them a try.

I'm more up on sci-fi toys, but even those have dropped in value in recent years. I don't know the Fisher Price and McD stuff that well, but a few years ago there was a big market for the fast food collectibles. Some of it is very common, but if you happen to have a rare piece, you'll still attract the collectors. Do a search for what your particular pieces are selling for, and if you have a rare one, put it up by itself. Otherwise you'll get better results by grouping them.

The wired gassy primitive, from the farmette up there in Wisconsin:

grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-25-09 07:00 PM
Response to Original message

2. do you have wooden headed little people?

I love them.

The best way to find value is to browse ebay for a few days to see what sort of prices are being asked and gotten.

Be sure to click on "completed" auctions to see the final values.

mopinko  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-25-09 11:31 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. i have a couple. personally, i love the chickens. cows are good, too.

my kids had so much fun with these toys. the new fat ones just strike me as dumb personified.

we are white sox fans, and they have a kinda crazy lighted display thingie that is about 2' high, and about 30' long. i really admire the things the designers have found to do with this odd shaped little space. one of my favorites is to fill it with bouncing little people who are decorated with the sox logo. cracks me up every time.

grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-25-09 11:46 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. oh the fat FP people are really ugly

In fact, the whole FP line is awful, I think, these days.

mopinko  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-26-09 09:13 AM
Response to Reply #4

5. safety rears it's ugly head.

how did we all survive?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: mopinko primitive wants her space back
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:23 AM »
Take them down to the local homeless shelter and donate them.

Why does everything seem to be so hard for a DUmpmonkie?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »
is any of this stuff worth anything

That was the only question.

Donation was never a consideration.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
With the assinine bill the donks passed for toys, those need to be destroyed.  Older toys and books must be destroyed.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:47 PM »
Those are the kind of toys they put into gallon-sized plastic bags and hang on a wall listed for $1 for the whole bag.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
You're right, Jukin.  She could face huge fines.  One Henry Waxman championed this bill.