Author Topic: primitives discuss Atlanta airport  (Read 1629 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: primitives discuss Atlanta airport
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »
Agreed.  I know it isn't similar to any other airport, and that is why I hear so much grief from people who travel into it.  But, they really had their locals in mind when they built it, and that is much appreciated.  With the addition of the new trams and trains, they have made getting from terminal to terminal much better from what I gather as well.

except for giving the airport higher zoning authority than the cities next to it, yeah

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »
well, I never said it was perfect, just better.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »
Agreed.  I know it isn't similar to any other airport, and that is why I hear so much grief from people who travel into it.  But, they really had their locals in mind when they built it, and that is much appreciated.  With the addition of the new trams and trains, they have made getting from terminal to terminal much better from what I gather as well.

DFW is a cluster-F if you have to connect between terminals.   I fly in/out of Atlanta 2x a week.  Its easy to miss connections, but mainly because of ATC delays.

Too bad Southwest didn't buy Frontier out of Bankruptcy Court.   That would have provided a foothold in Atlanta, and would have shaken up both Airtran and Delta.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 08:51:54 PM »
As I understand it, Atlanta is the largest air hub in North America, so chances are, if the DUmmy doesn't fly OUT of Atlanta, he will end up connecting THROUGH it. I changed planes there once, but I was only a kid, and hardly remember it.

I have connected through Chicago several times in recent history. It always seems that your layover is extremely short, and your connecting flights are at opposite ends of the airport. Not once have I not found myself huffing and puffing to catch my connection, while hearing my name being called over the PA, because the flight was about to leave.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »
As I understand it, Atlanta is the largest air hub in North America, so chances are, if the DUmmy doesn't fly OUT of Atlanta, he will end up connecting THROUGH it. I changed planes there once, but I was only a kid, and hardly remember it.

Hell, it's the busiest airport in the world.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
I have connected through Chicago several times in recent history. It always seems that your layover is extremely short, and your connecting flights are at opposite ends of the airport. Not once have I not found myself huffing and puffing to catch my connection, while hearing my name being called over the PA, because the flight was about to leave.

Ah, another American frequent flyer, I see.  Yeah, Mr. Murphy really had us in mind.  Come in at Gate H-19, leaving out of K-21.  If you've ever been to O'Hare, you'll know.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford