Author Topic: Health care reform may not happen because  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Health care reform may not happen because
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
salinen  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 12:43 PM
Original message
Health care reform may not happen because

"our" representatives want to win another term. Some are willing to sacrifice the health of millions for the sake of their job. I know who the terrorists are.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6387211

But, wait I thought you DUmp monkeys were yammering that most of the people want this. If that is the case they would be voting for it to save their jobs.
A person in congress should always ask 2 questions and only if the answer to both is yes should they vote yes.
Question one is this constitutional?
Question two do the people that put me in office want this?

I would argue that question one is a big no, and question two is also more than likely no.

dana_b  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 12:48 PM
Response to Original message
2. but what is so amazing...

is their constituents, who will vote these people back into office even though they vote against their interests!!  :banghead:

Ohh I get it, we aren't smart enough to figure out that this really is best for us.  :banghead:

madokie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 12:50 PM
3. Fill me in please

How in the hell can voting for a national healthcare bill that includes an option for us cause anyone to loose their seats? I don't get it

You at least are thinking with some logic. You believe the crap spewed at DU that most Americans want this so you realize if that was true that their jobs would be safer voting for this.

bvar22  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 04:32 PM
6. If The Democrats DON"T perform on Health Care.....

...they will lose support.

There are NO more EXCUSES.

The voters elected Democrats because they want CHANGE.
The MAJORITY of ALL Americans support a STRONG Public Option.

If the Democrats deliver a weak option that is not open to the Public, or worse, MANDATED coverage with NO Public Option, there will be a lot of ANGRY voters who won't support them in 2010.
I will be ONE.

The Democrats own The Presidency.
The Democrats own the Senate.
The Democrats own the House.
The Democrats OWN Health Care Reform.
They MUST produce an EFFECTIVE plan that does NOT channel BILLIONS to the Health Insurance Industry.

NO More Excuses.

No you will fall in line and vote for them again or be banned from DU.  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Health care reform may not happen because
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:22:02 PM »
Ohh I get it, we aren't smart enough to figure out that this really is best for us.
Your interests are what the DUmmies tell you they are.  Facist little bastards.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:23:30 PM »
Your interests are what the DUmmies tell you they are.  Facist little bastards.

Yeah cuz they are nuanced and so much smarter than me.  :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
madokie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Aug-25-09 12:50 PM
3. Fill me in please

How in the hell can voting for a national healthcare bill that includes an option for us cause anyone to loose their seats? I don't get it

You don`t get it because you are an idiot that has never once in your life considered there is a world beyond what you want for yourself.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »
The Democrats own The Presidency.
The Democrats own the Senate.
The Democrats own the House.
The Democrats OWN Health Care Reform.
They MUST produce an EFFECTIVE plan that does NOT channel BILLIONS to the Health Insurance Industry.

NO More Excuses.
And yet you idiots keep blaming the republicans. Explain that one.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 04:58:13 PM »
representative government?

What were we thinking?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
Some are willing to sacrifice the health of millions for the sake of their job.

What is so amazing is that none of this is about health.  It is 100% about making someone else pay for your healthcare.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »
What is so amazing is that none of this is about health.  It is 100% about making someone else pay for your healthcare.
Exactly,has anyone seen a primitive say that they are so well off they should be paying a lot more in taxes to provide this candy store.
My bet is none,they are all the takers.

Worthless and useless scum.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »
The voters elected Democrats because they want CHANGE.
The MAJORITY of ALL Americans support a STRONG Public Option.

What the hell are you SMOKIN"? Show me a poll, a single poll, that has Americans wanting this version of healthcare reform, IDIOT! You can't, because it does not EXIST!

You have to be completely blind to think this is some sort of truth! How 'bout you come over here to our side of the street and defend that ridiculous statement, DUmbass!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 12:13:55 AM »
I'll go with the fact that 81% of Americans are satisfied with their health care and the actual 6 million, or 2%, want to get a free ride.  It just does not make sense.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 04:46:08 AM »
What the hell are you SMOKIN"? Show me a poll, a single poll, that has Americans wanting this version of healthcare reform, IDIOT! You can't, because it does not EXIST!

You have to be completely blind to think this is some sort of truth! How 'bout you come over here to our side of the street and defend that ridiculous statement, DUmbass!

There was some poor, deluded idiot Dem strategist on Fox & Friends yesterday morning that said, "75% of Americans want health care reform."  The Republican strategist they had on with her challenged the Dem (who was better-looking, IMO, but both were pretty hot) on those numbers, and the Dem never backed them up.

Typical.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 05:40:07 AM »

Isn't is amazing though?  It's just like them claiming social security will be around in one hundred years when everyone knows that mess is going to collapse.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 09:52:16 AM »
Isn't is amazing though?  It's just like them claiming social security will be around in one hundred years when everyone knows that mess is going to collapse.

Everyone loves to predict the collapse of social security, but it's really a bit of intellectual dishonesty.  It's a dynamic process, the FICA rates that fund it can be changed in a day if Congress sees collapse be really imminent, and ugly as is would be, jacking the FICA tax up pushes the projected failure date down the road to become a problem of a future Congress.  The idea that social security is like some sort of retirement savings account, investing and then returning principal and earinings on them to the individual contributor, is a complete misapprehension of how it works.  To anyone drawing benefits and living a full life span, it has always paid out much more than the total of that person's contributions and earnings on them, all on the backs of FICA payroll taxes flowing in from younger workers.  Always.  It has NEVER been solvent in the way that a commercial employer's retirement plan would have to be.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »
Everyone loves to predict the collapse of social security, but it's really a bit of intellectual dishonesty.  It's a dynamic process, the FICA rates that fund it can be changed in a day if Congress sees collapse be really imminent, and ugly as is would be, jacking the FICA tax up pushes the projected failure date down the road to become a problem of a future Congress.  The idea that social security is like some sort of retirement savings account, investing and then returning principal and earinings on them to the individual contributor, is a complete misapprehension of how it works.  To anyone drawing benefits and living a full life span, it has always paid out much more than the total of that person's contributions and earnings on them, all on the backs of FICA payroll taxes flowing in from younger workers.  Always.  It has NEVER been solvent in the way that a commercial employer's retirement plan would have to be.

Back in the late 70s it was teetering so peanut and the dem congress "fixed" it for a few years.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa082100a.htm

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »
  It has NEVER been solvent in the way that a commercial employer's retirement plan would have to be.

It's the largest Ponzi scheme in the world.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:37:08 AM »
It's the largest Ponzi scheme in the world.

That is exactly what it is, to think of it in the same way as a private sector retirement fund is to completely and fundamentally misunderstand (Or puprosely misstate) the real economics of it.  Both parties are guilty of this.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »
That is exactly what it is, to think of it in the same way as a private sector retirement fund is to completely and fundamentally misunderstand (Or puprosely misstate) the real economics of it.  Both parties are guilty of this.

Have to agree with you there.

However there are many that die before getting a dime of what they paid into SS also, along with those that get more than they paid in.

Politicians lie all the time. It's the nature of the beast.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!