Author Topic: Primitive relives Norma Rae moment from days gone by  (Read 727 times)

Offline Delmar

Primitive relives Norma Rae moment from days gone by
« on: January 27, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
Sun Jan 27, 2019, 09:00 AM
Star Member jodymarie aimee (3,711 posts)

I believe the shutdown ended because of the airplanes...it started to affect the rich..

5 years ago we DEMS in Stevens Point, WI were campaigning for Badgercare(Medicaid) and $10.10 Min Wage on the ballot. I am proud to say my testimony swayed the very very bad Rs on the Co Board, our last hurdle. The entire room stood up to give me an ovation.

It was hard work. Tons of research for handouts. We had go get signatures door to door, write letters, educate the public, etc....Then came the hearings...But some real shits on the Board asked "How much will my hamburger go up at McDonalds"?" that type of crap.

We were successful getting it on the ballot in 2014 and it passed !! However, Walker vetoed it. At the time my friend, an accountant,said "Jody, nothing will change until it affects the RICH". I always remembered that. And he has been proven right time and again.

I believe the shutdown ended because of the airplanes...you see, it started to affect the rich....the poor don't take planes...all the stories on TV about the FED workers' plight, etc...it was the airplanes.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211735561

The entire room gave her a standing ovation--even the very very bad Rs on the Co Board, one must assume.  What a rousing persuasive speech it must have been.  I wish I could have been there.

But enough about that, she thinks the shutdown ended because rich people were being inconvenienced by all the TSA people not showing up for work.

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #8)Sun Jan 27, 2019, 12:06 PM
Star Member cwydro (30,583 posts)
17. A TSA sickout the day after the Super Bowl...can you imagine?

There were rumors of that happening.
I predict that there are going to be some heads that roll at TSA for abuse of sick leave during the shutdown.  The TSA has existed for less than 20 years.  They had better not get too cocky or they could find themselves deauthorized.  The TSA is about as unpopular as the IRS.

Response to bitterross (Reply #27)Sun Jan 27, 2019, 02:40 PM
28. I get your point BUT

the people I mentioned in the HUD bldg do not fly, they don't even drive..out of 71 tenants 13 have cars...I look out my window and see guys on their bicycles in minus 27 degrees returning from the grocery store with supplies.

I suppose the term rich is relevant...the HUD guy making $4grand a year is rich to the homeless shelter guy next door..who has no roof....

Have flown and DO FLY also figures in...I have flown 4x in 67 years..whereas my sis the ballerina flies all over the world.
Oooh, her sister is a jet setting ballerina.

Response to jodymarie aimee (Original post)Sun Jan 27, 2019, 02:43 PM
Sneederbunk (4,145 posts)
29. Total sick outs at Reagan National and Dulles would have ended shutdown weeks ago.
Ended the careers of the TSA agents is more like it.

Taking a job with the federal government is a little different than taking a job at a car wash or whatever kind of jobs the primitives are accustomed to working--it comes with an oath.

For federal civil service employees, the oath is set forth by law in 5 U.S. Code § 3331, which reads as follows:
“An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
https://www.fedsmith.com/2017/01/18/i-do-solemnly-swear-that-i-will/

It's hard to get rid of feds who violate the oath but it happens occasionally, McCabe and Strzok, for example.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Primitive relives Norma Rae moment from days gone by
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
There is only one proper response to the DUmbass post....

"Cool story sis."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:04:21 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 10:02:39 PM »
Nary a mention of the islamo ragtag killing machine running rampant in the mosquest cities.  Maybe they trust the hillbillies to boil their
nads in bacon grease and shove it down their goat semen soaked throats?

America, love it or die trying to copulate it.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 11:07:25 PM »
So this jodiemarie aimee primitive genius went from a standing ovation for saving Wisconsin to claiming the gov't shutdown ended because of the rich to "I suppose the term rich is relevant.......". And all because it became too evident that non-gov't employed citizens who are truly rich and that have influence in DC don't fly commercial.

The lengths these whackos go to pat themselves on the back is always entertaining. Standing ovation?? Right! What an active imagination! They're all shallow from bow to stern.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »
Sun Jan 27, 2019, 09:00 AM

I believe the shutdown ended because of the airplanes...it started to affect the rich..

5 years ago we DEMS in Stevens Point, WI were campaigning for Badgercare(Medicaid) and $10.10 Min Wage on the ballot. I am proud to say my testimony swayed the very very bad Rs on the Co Board, our last hurdle. The entire room stood up to give me an ovation.
It was a county board meeting in WI. There is a good chance she was the entire room.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 10:55:14 AM »
It was a county board meeting in WI. There is a good chance she was the entire room.

Both literally and figuratively.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender