Author Topic: www.bigheaddc.com reports that a DU member is being sued.  (Read 1104 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
www.bigheaddc.com reports that a DU member is being sued.
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »

kansasblue  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:01 PM
Original message
www.bigheaddc.com reports that a DU member is being sued. 

www.bigheaddc.com

The individuals Sinclair is suing have registered accounts at DemocraticUnderground.com, YouTube.com, and Digg.com, although their real names are not yet known. They are currently listed in the suit by their screen names: TubeSockTedD, mzmolly and OWNINGLIARS. Sinclair is seeking $3 million in damages.

libnnc  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:10 PM
Response to Original message
5. does that mean we all need to lawyer up?
 hmmm...wonder if I can sue the trolls I've battled over the last 6 months..... 
L0oniX  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 01:11 PM
6. I had a DU member call my place of work and threaten to sue me....
 Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 01:14 PM by L0oniX
so I removed real info and business website link in my profile to protect myself. A DU member said that I was most likely a criminal because I hate police. I responded with a challenge that he/she should attend a protest sometime and learn what the police do to people who stand up for their rights. Later under another op I responded to the same DU members post saying: 1/3 of all nurses were addicted and pilfer tranquilizers from patience and left 3 links to the info about it. The person then reported me to Skinner and msg'd me that I had better have an admin take down what I said. WTF? That person is now TS'd ...and thanks to the admins and mods for doing so. Just saying ...watch your ass here because real shit can happen.

link

Time for the ninja lawyers to earn their keep.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: www.bigheaddc.com reports that a DU member is being sued.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:16:52 PM »
ACTIONABLE WATCH!!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
6. I had a DU member call my place of work and threaten to sue me....
 Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 01:14 PM by L0oniX
so I removed real info and business website link in my profile to protect myself. A DU member said that I was most likely a criminal because I hate police. I responded with a challenge that he/she should attend a protest sometime and learn what the police do to people who stand up for their rights.

Rights...like blocking traffic? Throwing shit at the police? refusing to disperse when ordered to do so? forcing your way into buildings and places of business? blocking access to public buildings? and generally being a major pain in the ass? those rights? Uh Huh.... :whatever: :whatever:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
turtlensue  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 02:52 PM
Response to Reply #13
17. Yes of course
 Once again google tops actual real world experience.
The internet is often the MISinformation superhighway..   

"Irony, your name is like a song to me"   :lmao:

mzmolly  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-05-08 03:46 PM
24. FYI - Larry's "mental patient" claims were in existence looong before my post 
 Edited on Sat Apr-05-08 03:49 PM by mzmolly
here on Feb 25, 2008.

In that post I repeated the information contained in the video (now removed from youtube) that Mr. Sinclair has a history as a "mental patient". In fact, this claim was all over the internet by the time I noted it here.

Under the circumstances, Mr. Sinclair will need to add several people to his lawsuit, it would appear?

http://tinyurl.com/5gdz2a

In fact, FreeRepublic noted this very claim one week before DU on February 19, "doug from upland" when he posted a reply to: HD1200 and stated:

"There are claims that he is or was a mental patient...."

6 posted on 02/19/2008 11:53:23 AM PST by doug from upland (Stopping Hillary should be a FreeRepublic Manhattan Project)
< Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies >

http://tinyurl.com/5jx8hf

Larry should also concern himself with the Clevelandleader and the "guest" who posted this comment on Feb 21, 2008.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/4766 as a guest there made this claim on Feb 21, 2008.

And a poster on Yahoo made the same claim on Feb 24, 2008 - again, before I repeated it.

I don't doubt that Mr. Sinclair IS a mental patient but I wanted to clarify that this assertion did not begin with ME here at DU.

In fact Larry himself made mention of this here:

http://tinyurl.com/5mtjmv

More here on a variety of conversations all over the net to this effect: http://tinyurl.com/62raqp

Anyone who would like to help research these claims is welcome.

:fuelfire:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!