Author Topic: So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'God damn America'  (Read 1971 times)

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'God damn America'
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3104936

chemenger (923 posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 11:22 AM
Original message
So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'God damn America'
   Advertisements [?]
at some time or another. I admit that I have said it on many occasions.

The sins committed these past eight years under the Bushista regime is reason enough alone. But just dig a little further into America's history:

America is and has been the biggest arms dealer

America's support of dictators such as Saddam H. before he became the boogyman  , the Shah of Iran; Ferdinand Marcos, and I don't know how many others.

It would not take any effort at all for God to build a case to damn America for its sins.

Then go find someplace else to live. :bird:

Oh well,I am sure no other DUmmies agree.  ::)

Bonobo  (1000+ posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 11:28 AM
Response to Original message
2. I usually say "**** America" since I am an atheist.

How clever you are. ::)

Winterblues (660 posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 12:21 PM
Response to Reply #3
19. What part do like best, how we treated native Americans and continue to do so
   or how about Black Americans, or how we attacked Mexico so we could steal California from them, how about how we support the tobacco industry and have thirty thousand gun related deaths a year. Maybe it is how everyone must lock everything up at all times because we all know Americans are so very trustworthy..Maybe it is our education system or our Health Care system. I know.. it must be all the extremely violent video games we create for our children...So much to pick from that is worthy of great love of country...

chemenger (923 posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 12:54 PM
Response to Reply #3
27. My problem is that, in my mind, it's all lumped together into one
   big cluster ****. But don't get me completely wrong, I like America too, but neither will I deny that, taken on the whole, we are one arrogant bastard of a nation.

baldguy  (1000+ posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 02:10 PM
Response to Reply #3
32. Sadly, the people our govt is torturing don't make that distinction.
   Nor do their families, friends or neighbors.

Name them.

bullwinkle428  (1000+ posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 04:21 PM
Response to Original message
36. Never used the exact phrase, but have certainly expressed the general
   sentiment a number of times over the years!

Should I include my address so the righteous know where to send the one-way ticket to Gitmo?

Get over yourself. :mental:

Hatred and anger at its best. :whatever:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'damn America'
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:24:38 PM »
hemenger (923 posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 11:22 AM
Original message
So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'damn America'

Me.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
I survived the Carter and Clinton years. I never cursed my country.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'God damn America'
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
I'll admit it, I had a hard time being proud of our leadership during the Carter administration and especially the Clinton administration. But, I have always been proud to be American and I have never once slammed the US.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 09:12:16 PM »
The U.S., like all countries, has had its share of unsavory episodes through history. Because it is a construct of humans it is not nor will it ever be perfect, but still since its inception it has stood as an unmatched beacon of freedom, opportunity and hope. Whether it be a land to which the oppressed can flee to enjoy unfettered their God-given rights, a mighty ally in war, or a fountain of unselfish giving in time of deprivation or crisis, America has added much more to mankind than it has ever taken away.

The fact that traitorous scum like the hairballs found at DU can continue to spew their anti-American hate and still enjoy the comforts and freedoms this country provides is evidence enough of that.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:20:48 PM »
Undoubtedly none of these turds ever watched the Olympics. USA USA

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 10:40:33 PM »
DUmmies remind me of something I used to say to my kids growing up when they took their blessings for granted:

"You have never known real hunger or war or plague or wanted for the love and concern of your parents or been deprived of any the basic necessities in life."

DUmpster discourse to me is just one long harangue of underachieving adults showing off their arrested development.

I have never, EVER said anything of the sort they take for granted under their "right of free speech" every day. Bitched, moaned and complained buckets, but never have I been under the illusion that I was living in anything but-for all of its flaws, foibles and sometimes failed leadership-THE GREATEST *******ED COUNTRY ON EARTH. And if they don't like my "jingoism," then they can kiss my red, white and blue butt.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »
hemenger (923 posts)        Fri Apr-04-08 11:22 AM
Original message
So tell me ... who here hasn't said 'damn America'

Me.

:werd:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »
Conservatives say: God Bless America!               DUmmies say: Damn America!
Conservatives say: Thank you!                          DUmmies say: What? That's all?  You rich bastard!  Gimme more!
Conservatives say: I'm feeling great, thank you.  DUmmies say:  Well, they go on for two hours about all the bad things happening to them.
Conservatives are happy.                                  Dummies don't know meaning of the word "happy."
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:06:50 AM »
I would never say such a thing..................complain yes.......diss my country not only hell No, but **** NO!!!!!!!!!!!
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
I'll admit it, I had a hard time being proud of our leadership during the Carter administration and especially the Clinton administration. But, I have always been proud to be American and I have never once slammed the US.

I have to admit I went through my "rebel years" when I followed the Lib Line and was upset at the country about the Vietnam War.

Then I turned 14.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 10:37:38 AM »

I have to admit I went through my "rebel years" when I followed the Lib Line and was upset at the country about the Vietnam War.

Then I turned 14.

I think I came into this world conservative. The first president I voted for was Ronnie in 1980 at the tender age of 18.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
I have never cursed my country. While in the military I was proud everyday of being able to serve this great nation and it's people and I would do it again in a heart beat. When I go to baseball games here in Phoenix there are always a few who refuse to stand when the national anthem is played, it is embarrassing. I know they have the right to sit on their fat ungrateful asses and do nothing but it just pisses me off. :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
Never.  Now "God Damn Army," that's a whole 'nother story.

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »
Never.  Now "God Damn Army," that's a whole 'nother story.

:lmao:

I suspect every soldier that ever marched back to the days of OOk Gronk have said that :)