Author Topic: This is a new low, even for DUmmies.  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
This is a new low, even for DUmmies.
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
I honestly don't know what to say. :censored: :banghead: :hammer:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7629224

Maraya1969  (1000+ posts)       Fri Apr-04-08 07:35 PM
Original message
WTF? My mother sends me an email that a really good friend of the family and an old
 boyfriend of mine died. (I don't know when because apparently he has been buried already). Then a couple minutes later she sends me another email saying that he asked his sister the night before he died if she thought he was going to Heaven to which she replied "yes". (He was 50 the same age as me. He was a bad alcoholic all his life and knew he was dying.) Then a couple minutes after that she write about the fight me and he have been having for the last week and tells me to stop putting down Christianity and that my business behaviors are bad. It's a long stupid story about her volunteering at the church thrift shop, bringing things home to see if we would like them and then either taking them back or paying for them. I went there last week when she was volunteering and and took some things to see if they would sell on EBAY and was going to either take them back or pay for them if they sold.

WTF is wrong with that? When I walked through the thrift store I saw about 4 things I donated and that is just one day. I also give things away all the time from Freecycle, to the woman's center and of course her church's thrift store. I also have it set up so that if anything sells on EBAY I donate a % to a Big Cat Rescue.

Am I a thief?

And why the **** did she have to bring all this up right now? I've crying about my friend as I type this. And I feel guilty because I think I am corrupt.

And to top it all off she says to stop putting her church down. Well when was the last time you even asked about my beliefs ma? And the last thing she saw me do re: Christianity was when I read the story of James Dobson beating up his dog Siggie at the Publix because they were selling it right next to the Deli counter with al the other "convert them to Christianity" books.

And I feel guilty talking about all this when my friend is now dead and buried, (yea I wasn't informed when he died. Apparently she wanted to wait until after the funeral or more probably she was pissed at me and didn't want to talk to me until today.

I know I am  and I feel guilty about it. But I can't get anyone on the phone plus I wanted to write things out and hopefully my friends here will let me know that I am not the monster my mother makes me out to be.

What am I supposed to do now? I'm going to send a card I know. I would have sent flowers but of course I wasn't told until after the funeral. Maybe I can sen them to the house now anyway? I think I'll do that.

To all.

Alert | Hide Thread | Recommend (0 votes) Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: This is a new low, even for DUmmies.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
Let's see........ You took items out of a store without paying to see if you could then sell them online?  Nooooooooooo you aren't a thief....... :whatever: Dumbass
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
I went there last week when she was volunteering and and took some things to see if they would sell on EBAY and was going to either take them back or pay for them if they sold.

WTF is wrong with that? When I walked through the thrift store I saw about 4 things I donated and that is just one day. I also give things away all the time from Freecycle, to the woman's center and of course her church's thrift store. I also have it set up so that if anything sells on EBAY I donate a % to a Big Cat Rescue.

Am I a thief?

Let's see, you take things that don't belong to you so you can sell them on E-Bay. Then, if they do, you'll give a percentage to a charity (Big Cat Rescue). You also take other things to give to charity (Freecycle, Woman's Center). Yes, that makes you a f'n thief. It also falls in line with the entire sickass liberal ideology. You take things that don't belong to you and give to them to charity. Do you tell them that the church is donating them? Or are you doing it in your name? My guess, your own ****in' name. This makes you feel good giving shit that doesn't belong to you to someone else. Who gets the credit? You do.

You're a ****ing scumbag, bitch. Taking things from someone else and giving it to another isn't charity, it's theft coupled with self-aggrandizement. You fit in well with the Communists, ho.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
So this person was going to take something from a thrift shop the proceeds from which go to support a church; then sell it on ebay (presumably for more than the thrift shop charges); then use the profit from that to divert money to support orphan tigers or whatever; give the thrift shop the amount they would have charged and keep the difference.  If this dummie can't see what is dishonest about that she must be stupid.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »
Using the thriftstore as your personal warehouse and inventory of marketable goods? Yeah, that sums up the definition of thievery pretty nicely.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »
the fact that she had to ask ... sheesh.  :bs:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »
I have no words...how does someone this stupid figure out how to get out of bed in the morning without falling off the planet?

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 07:38:19 AM »
Dobson beat up his dog at the Publix?????

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »
Dobson beat up his dog at the Publix?????

Dobson has a 3 or 4 sentence account of making his dog go lay down at bedtime one night when the dog didn't want to get off the toilet seat in front of the heater...or some such thing.  It's in the middle of a 600+ page book.  Of course, that handful of sentences is about 95% of what's actually discussed about that book...(I think it was Dare to Discipline.)  Typical liberal view...out of hundreds of thousands of sentences, they took issue with these few and that's all they can recall of the entire book.   ::)   

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »
I have no words...how does someone this stupid figure out how to get out of bed in the morning without falling off the planet?

Cindie

ditto on that.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."