Author Topic: Fat Che reveals suspicious nature  (Read 1210 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Fat Che reveals suspicious nature
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:44:42 AM »
http://www.democraticwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58397

Oh my.

You know, Fat Che, who usually has an opinion about anything and everything, even those things he doesn't know a thing about, has been unusually quiet on the Skins's island revelatory hair-driers at Big Jerry's salon, but one came across this:

Ben Burch

Re: So Skinner cannot take criticism of his web site?

I guess I am insufficiently litigious.

I spent a lot of money on my lawyer over one blogger who decided to do a character assassination on me, and after a lot of preliminary work, decided he was too pitiful a creature to sue.

Plus my lawyer was not sanguine about venue. We could have sued him in Illinois without issue, and a win would have been all but automatic given his comments about my professional abilities, except he physically lived in Arlington, VA, and his web site was hosted in Massachusetts.

Plus there was the "blood from a stone" issue; I could have ruined him, but most of what he had was debt, not assets.

And in the end he folded anyway, and isn't a very happy creature these days, and I actually feel sorry for him.

Much the same thing when I decided to take custody of my kids away from my ex; I spent a lot of money my lawyer and on a PI to document the crazy stuff that was going on in her home, but ultimately I just made her a financial offer, couched in the kindest of terms, and she folded without me having to take it to court. I prefer things that way. I don't think to this day she (or the kids) know that I had them watched for weeks!

Was this (the bold area above) the famous reverend?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Fat Che reveals suspicious nature
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:15:56 AM »
Oh my. He sounds pretty confident about his claims against others for participating in "crazy stuff". Man, the irony is thick.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 09:22:42 AM »
What an absolute pain in the ass he must be to deal with. I've had an aquaintance or two who were the litigious types and you just never fully trust them and friendship is impossible on any meaningful level because of their proclivity to sue the shit out of someone when things don't work out how they expected. No thanks.

As an aside there is something to be said about control issues where someone's primary means of reconciliation or 'compromise' is to intimidate whether it is by physical means or lawyering up. Basically, I see peeps like this as bullies.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »
How on earth could a lawyer find anything vile disgusting or hateful said about Fister to be libel?  Seriously, you could say ANYTHING about him and it wouldn't be libel.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »
I thought Fat Che was the sole proprietor of an Apple IIe liberal radio archiving system and made virtually no money, where did he get money to spend on his lawyer?

Did he ever show up to glare at the Federal Building in Chicago that one year?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »
I'm still waiting for him and a few others who said they would sue certain individuals regarding the "event that rocked the internet."  When's that 'lil beauty supposed to happen?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.