Author Topic: DU a CNN poll: Are you in favor of universal health care?  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Lauri

DU a CNN poll: Are you in favor of universal health care?
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »
Omaha Steve 
DU a CNN poll: Are you in favor of universal health care?

http://money.cnn.com /

Bottom center of page.

Quick Vote

Are you in favor of universal health care?

Yes

No

or View results

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3100835

here's the results so far ..

1. Are you in favor of universal health care?
Yes    56%    
No    44%    
total responses to this question: 16730

Offline Flame

Re: DU a CNN poll: Are you in favor of universal health care?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
i voted!  :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
i voted!  :-)

me too! do we get little stars now? :-)

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »
 :saluteaf: I've done my duty and voted!
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 04:44:22 PM »
Add my vote in.   I really don't want to know what universal health-care would do to someone who's going into the medical field (me).   I know what it would do to doctors, but what would it do to nurses and technicians?

*shudders*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »
It's been changed

New poll

Quick Vote
In my current job, I am…
Loving it; it’s my dream job
Unhappy; but it’s a paycheck
Miserable; thank God it’s Friday

I voted A
 :)

on edit:

I have been doing it for 21 years so I should love it.  :-)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:24:14 PM by Servonaut »

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
I would love to hear how the DUmmies explain away California's failed attempt at universal health care.  Even the libtards in Cali woke up before they destroyed their local economy and poo-pooed it.

You have to be dumb as a rock to think our nation could shoulder the cost of such a program given our current economy, worthless dollar and billion dollar a day war. 


Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »
I would love to hear how the DUmmies explain away California's failed attempt at universal health care.  Even the libtards in Cali woke up before they destroyed their local economy and poo-pooed it. 

woke up *before* they destroyed their economy? i believe California is in the midst of a collapse in their state budget.. specifically because of all of the social programs they wanted. oh, and all the illegals they educate and also give social programs to.

from Arnold's January State of the State adress:

"To address next year's 14 billion dollar deficit, I will be submitting a budget that is difficult.  It does not raise taxes; it cuts the increase in spending, and it cuts that spending across the board."

http://www.stateline.org/live/printable/speech?contentId=270954

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 04:48:04 PM »

woke up *before* they destroyed their economy? i believe California is in the midst of a collapse in their state budget.. specifically because of all of the social programs they wanted. oh, and all the illegals they educate and also give social programs to.

"To address next year's 14 billion dollar deficit, I will be submitting a budget that is difficult.  It does not raise taxes; it cuts the increase in spending, and it cuts that spending across the board."

They woke up and didn't pass the universal health care bill because they finally figured out at the 11th hour they couldn't pay for it.

So yes.


Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

They woke up and didn't pass the universal health care bill because they finally figured out at the 11th hour they couldn't pay for it.

So yes.

well, perhaps they woke up before they passed universal health care.. but their entire state economy is in the toilet, so i guess its a moot point.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »

Yes    56%   
No    44%   

This is interesting because the only people who bother with CNN.com are screwball liberals and people like us who like to play with the screwball liberal mind. 

If CNN can get only 56% yes, then "universal health care" isn't doing too hot out there with the real world.  Maybe there are some economically smart liberal idiots after all.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »

Yes    56%   
No    44%   

This is interesting because the only people who bother with CNN.com are screwball liberals and people like us who like to play with the screwball liberal mind. 

If CNN can get only 56% yes, then "universal health care" isn't doing too hot out there with the real world.  Maybe there are some economically smart liberal idiots after all.

Lord Undies, what you're seeing is an application of the "Blind Squirrel Theory."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.