Author Topic: TwixVoy primitive gets twirled  (Read 1827 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
TwixVoy primitive gets twirled
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9754908

Oh my.

TwixVoy (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-11-10 06:07 PM
Original message

GOD DA** CHASE!!! THEY JUST SCREWED TONS OF FORMER WAMU ACCOUNT HOLDERS!

Anyone remember when Chase "acquired" WAMU after having their asses bailed out by the tax payers?

Well part of that arrangement was that WAMU account holders that had accounts with NO monthly service fees (the vast majority of WAMU account holders) would get to keep those accounts with NO monthly service fee.

I was a WAMU account holder. I got a letter from them in the mail at the time promising I would NOT be screwed over with monthly fees and I would get to keep all the same terms WAMU offered. So did thousands of other WAMU account holders.

So now today I find a letter in the mailbox from Chase informing me that my former WAMU account will now be assessed a $12 monthly fee. Are you fu**ing kidding me? You people can't even adhere to an AGREEMENT that you made a ****ing year ago without changing it to line your pockets with more cash? And right after your rich asses get massive tax cuts from congress?

I am calling right after making this post to close this account, but this REALLY pisses me off. I expected Chase to be true to their word and not charge monthly fees to my former WAMU account so I kept it.

Now I am going to have to change ALL my bill payments that deduct from this account, change my direct deposit, order new checks from someplace else, and do all this ASAP to avoid paying sudden fees to these bastards.

These bastards are BOLD. It takes some major balls to pull a stunt like this.

Maybe the small print had said "for one year."

frazzled  (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-11-10 06:16 PM
Response to Original message

8. Chase saved us over $200 a month when they took over

I don't know why, but they called and asked if we wanted to renogiate our old loan from WaMu, which they had taken over. We were suspicious, but decided to apply (that cost us, for the application and appraisal). It took several months and TONS of paperwork and rechecking our financial worth, our condo's worth, etc. But they gave us a new loan at a lower rate, with no points charged. Our mortgage is now several hundred dollars less per month than it was before.

ON EDIT: We never did our checking or savings at WaMu, so the fee is not relevant to us.

TwixVoy (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-11-10 06:19 PM
Response to Reply #8

13. How kind of them to generously lower your payments through a government program which guaranteed them the cash for the note no matter what.

Just wait until they find a way to screw you on that one. Rest assured they have countless people who are paid generous salaries thinking of ways to do it night and day.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: TwixVoy primitive gets twirled
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
Is he in Portugal?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
Is he in Portugal?

I don't think so.

Despite all their promises, the primitives never leave.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »
Quote from:
TwixVoy

Now I am going to have to change ALL my bill payments that deduct from this account, change my direct deposit, order new checks from someplace else, and do all this ASAP to avoid paying sudden fees to these bastards.

Wow!!  That would take a normal thinking person like -- maybe -- a whole hour to do, which means you'll never get it done on time.  Oh well.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »
Rest assured they have countless people who are paid generous salaries thinking of ways to do it night and day.

How does one go about getting this job? I'd love to get paid to **** with DUmmies.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
Is he in Portugal?
No. It's not likely a country in near-total economic collapse, like Portugal and most of the rest of Europe, would be on the lookout for unemployed immigrants with no marketable skills, no financial resources, and a proven inability to even hold onto a job clerking at an American discount store.

DUmmy TwixVoy's prospects for emigration are probably limited to Middle Eastern countries, and even there a visa would probably be predicated on his agreement to blow himself up.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
No. It's not likely a country in near-total economic collapse, like Portugal and most of the rest of Europe, would be on the lookout for unemployed immigrants with no marketable skills, no financial resources, and a proven inability to even hold onto a job clerking at an American discount store.

DUmmy TwixVoy's prospects for emigration are probably limited to Middle Eastern countries, and even there a visa would probably be predicated on his agreement to blow himself up.

When he said he was going to Portugal all that stuff was just starting in Greece and I wondered if he was even going to be allowed in because it was only a matter of time before the rest of Europe started rioting.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
Banks charge a monthly fee to save your money?

We have five accounts with Wells Fargo and we have never been charged a monthly fee.... ??
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »
Banks charge a monthly fee to save your money?

We have five accounts with Wells Fargo and we have never been charged a monthly fee.... ??

It's that secret VRWC ink pen that you sign those loans with, Jess.  It makes all the difference. :fuelfire: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 06:01:12 AM »
It's that secret VRWC ink pen that you sign those loans with, Jess.  It makes all the difference. :fuelfire: :tongue:
Shhhhh....

OPSEC! 

The VRWC can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such an "ink pen" device...  :-)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »
Shhhhh....

OPSEC! 

The VRWC can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such an "ink pen" device...  :-)

Check your dispatches.  The authority for that came down two months ago. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »
Check your dispatches.  The authority for that came down two months ago. :tongue:
Oh crap!

First I have to show up to work five days a week and now you tell me I have to read my mail too?!

Damn Bush anyway...

/DUmb...DUmmy...DUmmer...

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 06:37:19 AM »
Oh crap!

First I have to show up to work five days a week and now you tell me I have to read my mail too?!

Damn Bush anyway...

/DUmb...DUmmy...DUmmer...

Hey--we're not the NBPP, ya know?

Chase her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »
I don't think so.

Despite all their promises, the primitives never leave.

His visa was a temporary work visa good for 90 days only. Even if he did go to live with his son, he would have been booted out after 90 days. When this was pointed out to him, he thought he could finagle it into a permanent visa once there.

All that being said, I'm not sure he ever left.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:48 AM »
There is a little more to the story (surprise)

While catching up on snail mail after getting back from Thanksgiving, I found a letter from Chase Bank telling me that my Chase Fee Extra Checking account (formerly Washington Mutual Free Checking) will now be called Chase Total Checking as of February 8, 2011. Along with the new name comes – you guessed it! – a new $10 to $12 monthly service fee* unless I meet at least one of the following criteria each statement period:
At least one single direct deposit of $500 or more,
A minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more,
An average balance of $5,000 across all Chase deposit accounts (checking, savings, CDs) and/or investment accounts with Chase Investment Services Corp,
Pay $25 or more in qualifying account fees (not including this monthly service fee)

Back in April 2009, I reported that Chase was converting over WaMu Free Checking accounts and was keeping the important no monthly fees and no minimum balance feature. Well, that lasted about a year and a half.

I haven’t been using my Chase checking account very much recently, especially since their savings account basically pays no interest at all. As it stands, I’ll be subject to the $10 monthly fee. I don’t think I want the hassle of making online ACH transfers back and forth to simulate a direct deposit each month, so I’ll probably end up closing the account. WaMu was my primary bank for a few years, but I’ve learned not to get too attached to any single financial institution.

* According to the Terms & Conditions booklet, the monthly service fee is $10 for accounts opened in California, Oregon, or Washington. Otherwise, $12.

http://www.mymoneyblog.com/chase-adds-new-10-monthly-fee-to-free-checking-formerly-wamu.html

Banks provide a service,it isn`t a right,they have expenses to deal with,losses etc.
If maintaining a small,seldom used checking account,which requires printing and sending a statement every month is not economical then they will modify it or simply do away with them.

As individuals we are free to shop around and if people cease using Chase and they find it an economically bad decision they may change it again.

DUmmies,true to form insist that all services and products they wish for be provided free of charge...The End.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 06:51:35 AM »
Hey--we're not the NBPP, ya know?
Don't they have some on-line home study courses I can take to advance my skill-set?  :-) :tongue:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 06:52:59 AM »
His visa was a temporary work visa good for 90 days only. Even if he did go to live with his son, he would have been booted out after 90 days. When this was pointed out to him, he thought he could finagle it into a permanent visa once there.

Giving a DUmmy a "work" visa is sort of like giving a balloon to a porcupine to play with.
Not much of a chance it will last.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »
At least one single direct deposit of $500 or more

A minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more

An average balance of $5,000 across all Chase deposit accounts

He couldn't meet one of these conditions?

What about the 1st one?

This from a post upthread:

What a loser. His direct deposit doesn't come up to 500 dollars. :lmao:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »
Went and played in the muck and found this:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=389&topic_id=8445924

TwixVoy (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat May-29-10 06:20 PM
Original message
Just got my visa approved this week

Well my schengen visa has been approved. More...

Schengen visa

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/

Good for 90 days in a 6 month period.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 07:29:47 AM »
Waaaaahhhh, losers.  My bank charges a $15/month service fee unless I keep at least $100 in it at all times.  Guess what I did?  Deducted $100 from my ledger balance and don't write checks below that.

Simple, no?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
It seems obvious to me that this person costs Chase more than the interest on his money earn. Thats the way it goes.

It also explains why WAMU disappeared. Their membership was full of exploitive primitives.  

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
Don't they have some on-line home study courses I can take to advance my skill-set?  :-) :tongue:

Do a Google search.  That should be able to tell you . . . :fuelfire:

Chase her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

You know, of course, DUmmy TwixVoy had no intention of working in Portugal. He admitted knowing not one word of Portuguese. Nor did his goofy emigration plan result from his hatred of the United States. The whole plan was very simple. He got fired from Target for insubordination. He enjoys not working, but needs some money. His kid works in Portugal and presumably has a respectable income. Voila! (Or as DUmmy nadinbrzhsczchszczchski would say, "Walla") Go to Portugal and sponge off the kid! He doesn't need to speak the language to sit in the kid's apartment all day with a PS3 controller.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 11:15:11 AM »
as of February 8, 2011. Along with the new name comes – you guessed it! – a new $10 to $12 monthly service fee* unless I meet at least one of the following criteria each statement period:
At least one single direct deposit of $500 or more,
A minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more,
An average balance of $5,000 across all Chase deposit accounts (checking, savings, CDs) and/or investment accounts with Chase Investment Services Corp,
Pay $25 or more in qualifying account fees (not including this monthly service fee)

Oh, so get a job then....
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 11:38:50 AM »
heh.  I thought Twixboy was the one who used only cash and GOLD!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen