Author Topic: Randi Rhodes suspended from Air America  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Lauri

Randi Rhodes suspended from Air America
« on: April 03, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »
whereismyparty  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-03-08 03:06 PM
Original message
Air America Host Suspended for Clinton Remarks

Advertisements [?]
Source: NYT Political Blog

Randi Rhodes, an afternoon host for the progressive Air America radio network, was suspended Thursday after repeatedly insulting Hillary Rodham Clinton at an event last month.

Ms. Rhodes used vulgar language that likened Ms. Clinton to a prostitute at an event sponsored by KKGN, the Air America affiliate in the San Francisco area, on March 22. A video of Ms. Rhodes’ remarks was published to the video-sharing Web site YouTube on Tuesday, prompting condemnations by some bloggers.

In a statement, Charlie Kireker, the chair of Air America, said the radio network “encourages strong opinions about public affairs but does not condone such abusive, ad hominem language by our hosts.”

The network called Ms. Rhodes’ suspension “indefinite” and did not elaborate on the fate of her daily three-hour radio show. “The Randi Rhodes Show” is normally broadcast from 3 to 6 p.m. weekdays. Sam Seder, another Air America host, was scheduled to fill in for Ms. Rhodes on Thursday...

Read more: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/air-ameri... /

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3254383    :popcorn:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Randi Rhodes suspended from Air America
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »
Hmmmm.

The lying titty primitive's at the bonfire.

One wonders if the lying titty primitive has gotten together with his old pal the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive yet, to borrow some money from him.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-03-08 03:11 PM
Response to Original message

4. Good.

Even though I am no fan of Ms Rodham-Clinton, that stunt was totally out of line.

Oh, well, just one more voice that I never hear that I won't be missing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:39:19 PM »
But it was OK when the dingbat alluded to killing the President...more DU rationale......

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
And this was news to them when? She's been doing that every single day on the air.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 03:40:09 PM »
RoccoR5955  (387 posts)
39. Welcome to the Police States of AmeriKKKa!

:kick:
Even though some remarks Randi makes may be out of line, one has to know when to take her, as ANYONE, with a grain of salt. The management of AAR should know this. I thought that they did, but they are simply towing the DNC line, and Mr. Greene, can take his radio station and put it where the sun don't shine, because Nova M is where it's at.

They did the same thing to Mike Malloy, when he spoke out in favor of Palestinians in Israel. They suspended him for a few days, and when his contract was up, they fired him. He's now on Nova M, where there is ACTUAL freedom of speech for the hosts there. In order for the public to be informed, they have to hear ALL sides, and then form their OWN opinion!

Thanks AAR. You are no "Liberal Talk Radio Network," you're merely a tool of the DNC!

I guess Pacifica and Nova M are still in business though. I'll have to listen to them more.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
ok the OP up above is from LBN section...

but this one is in GD:P ... 360 + posts..

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5367852

holy ...!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
rasputin1952  DU Moderator
199. Everyone goes OTT from time to time...what's the big deal?

Just look around in DU, you'd think we were in a slasher movie the way some people are posting... :eyes:

DU can't do anything for or against Randi...but we can do a lot against our own, we do it every day.

Seabiscuit
Response to Reply #199
228. How can a DU moderator say "what's the big deal" when someone calls Clinton and Ferraro "whores"???

Edited on Thu Apr-03-08 02:49 PM by Seabiscuit
I don't get it.

I would expect to have any post I put up calling those two prominent Dem women "whores" to be deleted, and I also would expect to receive a stern warning in my inbox from Skinner telling me that one more post like that will result in my being tombstoned.

It doesn't matter who it is who says that on the air, they don't belong on the air. Period.

It's not a free speech issue. There's no government censorship going on here. It's a contractual issue between her and her boss at Air America. Her freedom of speech hasn't been abridged - she's free to say whatever she wants wherever she wants; she just can't call prominent Dems "whores" on Air America any more. She can go down to the local bar and say it all she wants.

Randi is no longer "our own" and no longer "a Progressive". She drank too much kool-aid and slit her own throat on the air.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »
Randi is no longer "our own" and no longer "a Progressive". She drank too much kool-aid and slit her own throat on the air.

Hey DUmmy, howz that big slice of crow pie taste?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
So they tired of her angry drunken tirades, eh? I'm sure she'll find another barstool to fall off of soon.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5367852

holy ...!

How could someone have enough time to sift through all those posts and respond?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 06:55:56 PM »

holy ...!

How could someone have enough time to sift through all those posts and respond?

they had yet another thread in General Discussion and I didnt read most of them... seems the Hilary haters think Randi is a Goddess... the Obama haters think Randi is an idiot..

but I just saw the video of her little speech on FOX while I was making dinner... she is a nutcase. They had to bleep out most of what she was shrieking.  :popcorn:

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »
So they tired of her angry drunken tirades, eh? I'm sure she'll find another barstool to fall off of soon.

Correction............Another Freeper fundie will beat her up
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
RoccoR5955  (387 posts)
39. Welcome to the Police States of AmeriKKKa!

:kick:
Even though some remarks Randi makes may be out of line, one has to know when to take her, as ANYONE, with a grain of salt. The management of AAR should know this. I thought that they did, but they are simply towing the DNC line, and Mr. Greene, can take his radio station and put it where the sun don't shine, because Nova M is where it's at.

They did the same thing to Mike Malloy, when he spoke out in favor of Palestinians in Israel. They suspended him for a few days, and when his contract was up, they fired him. He's now on Nova M, where there is ACTUAL freedom of speech for the hosts there. In order for the public to be informed, they have to hear ALL sides, and then form their OWN opinion!

Thanks AAR. You are no "Liberal Talk Radio Network," you're merely a tool of the DNC!

I guess Pacifica and Nova M are still in business though. I'll have to listen to them more.

You know...I'd been wondering where MalloyFan had been.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 08:16:43 PM »
Shouldn't she been fired for threatening to kill President Bush?  :whatever:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »

Ahh... Pacifica.  The proud radio home of Wesley Cook.  No DUmp-monkey's brain-housing unit is complete without the musings of a police officer's murderer.